South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

one mans junk is anothers treasure!! :biggrin:

i keep thinking, even if we just make £50 from unwanted things that would be good, but then the thought of having to actually do something about it!!! i mean how do you even go about selling at car boots!!!!! :err:

Have done it once... just make sure you get a dry day, take plenty of change and watch the people who swarm onto your stall first thing in order to pick off the best stuff and resell it on theirs later!! not kidding.... reckon there's an opportunity here for us all to pool our stuff in some empty warehouse and have a great big sale!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest steffijones

Hi all,

OH just come off phone from DIAC and he was told that our 1100 form was updated on the 24th February and that we should get a co in the next couple of weeks. Don't know why it was updated on the 24th when we lodged on the 14th November! Have my suspicions though! Thank you all so much before for your support and encouragement, it was just what we needed. Back to the frantic watching and checking again now!!! :wacko:

Stef & Steve

Guest Alibajwa

TOday I got email from Team -2. My application has been allocated to CO.

Gaz * Family! change my color................

Guest steffijones
Not yours as well? It must be diac that are having issues with receiving these forms, i cannot belive the state didnt send them out. I assume you told south oz you had lodged your application and TRN.

Well we are using an agent Gaz so she should have done, but we lodged together with Steph13 and her hubby phoned after us last night as well and got told exactly the same thing!! Diac have now told us both our applications are flagged to get a co now so that's good, but I must admit I am skeptical that SA got it wrong with both of us, especially as the change happened when I started harassing our agent last week! Anyway think we've all decided just to think positive thoughts and hopefully get co in the next couple of weeks. Had to change dates of meds to 8th April as well because stupidly I had forgotten our youngest is away at his 1st outward bound trip with school!

Well my saga continues, i have received an email from the CO to say my annual apprasals, certificate of service, Service Certificate etc is not sufficient ofr his requirements.

He is adamant that he needs a document that states the dates of my service and also comments on my conduct. This document doesnt exist, the document he is referring to is no longer in use, or those leaving recently do not have access to one. it seems my visa application has stalled with no steps forward. We are at a loss what to do.

I have even provided copies of my friends and collegues on line (JPA, the MODs pay and admin system) of their discipline record, if you have a clean record then nothing it there, its a blank page. Likewise DIAC is not content that the ACPO checks are sufficient to confirm my certificate proves my conduct in service.

What is even more frustrating, this is a copy of part of the email " While I can appreciate your explanation regarding your conduct in the Royal Navy and based on all documents provided it appears that your conduct was exemplary, the information on file does not satisfy the requirement. I require a document that was issued at time of discharge or a date following same confirming the dates of service and confirming your conduct during that time. If you do not currently have anything that states this information then I can only suggest that you contact the relevant Military office and request that a document of this nature be issued to you."

I just really dont know what i can do. The wife has suggested we ask an old boss to write a letter, but i cannot see how this would work, they have my certificates, they have my annual apprasals, they have evidence of my service and the dates and where i was, and what rank i served and when i was promoted. So my old boss would have to look through these files of mine to write this letter. it seems i have a right stickler for some unknown rule, well unknown to us and the agents. I just dont know what to do and we should be celebrating as our medicals have arrived in Sydney.

Hi Gaz,

my OH is still serving so I obviously can't supply them with his discharge certificate, my CO recognises this and has asked for 'a letter from his commanding officer attesting to xxxxx xxxxxx's

character and also stating that he has not been convicted of any criminal offence during his time

in the military will be sufficient' Hope this helps.

Sharon

Sharon

Thanks, my wife says ask it a letter will do. But having left the RN for 12 months now i dont have access to many Senior Officers. I have my last boss, who now is a close friend, not sure if it would help, he gave me a reference for the Skills assessment, and a reference that already states i what type of worker, individual and person i was/am, so not sure why a letter which would basically say the same would sufice?

I really dont know what to do, and my agent has bee their usual zero help . So much for a decission ready application. mmmmm wonder if i get asked to provide feedback?

Hi Gaz,

I was Army in a previous life, on discharge I was presented with my 'Red Book' I didn't really look at it til the visa process, do you guys not get a proper Discharge Certificate, I didn't know it was in there, hadn't looked past the first page which had the courses I'd done listed.

Sharon

No, we are lucky to get a valedictory certificate, i had to wait 6 months after leaving for mine to arrive.

We used to get a typed letter, with an overall conduct assessment but they stopped doing this in about 88, then it changed again in about 2005 when JPA was fully in all 3 servicies. now we get a print out showing the same information, well all except your overall conduct.

AARRGGHHH if only i had know what i do now 12 months ago i might have been able to get it written in my final apprasial but it just didnt seem important as i had a clean record so never thought to question it.

Crap, not sure what to do, a letter to Admiralty explaining situation and request for an emailed letter with full colour letter head that can be emailed to DIAC? It will take 15 minutes of someones time to find out your background and good service.

Sharon

Guest Turabul

GOT MY VISA TODAY....................GRANTED Please turn me any color u want.yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i got my visa granted today...I was one of the few initial applicants with the CO in early feb...................A BIG BIG THANX to all u PIO members for the help and support and tell you the wait is worth it guys............so just take it easy a little patience goes a long way......... Name: Turabul Date of Visa application: 28/09/2009 Nationality: Fiji High/Low Risk: HR Trade/profession: Welder Visa type: 176 Which State Sponsored: SA Date of SMP Applications:Dec/2010 Date of SMP Granted: Dec/2010 Onshore/offshore: Offshore Pre-November 2010 Category: 6 Medicals submitted: 10/02/11 Police check submitted:02/02/11 Date CO assigned: 24/01/11 Date of employment verification (If applicable):16/02/11 Date visa granted:04/02/11

Guest china

Hi everyone, I have put it in the Cat 2 thread, but as we are Adelaide bound - we got our visa granted today! So happy, and so lucky, we were one of the lucky ones who went very quickly from CO to visa grant. Our medicals only arrived in Sydney on monday and that was the only outstanding thing, and visa on Friday - not bad!! Good luck to everyone else x x x

Guest nodrog72
argh gaz we are having problems too and hubby still in !

What about pension info ? because if you are receiving that ...its means you were a good lad anyhow ... not sure if it would help just wondered

Hi

I might be able to help out here my husband is still serving and managed to get all the docs and they now say "met" so it was all the right info needed. I will send you a pm to let you know what he sent.

Tanya:yes:

Guest nodrog72
Well my saga continues, i have received an email from the CO to say my annual apprasals, certificate of service, Service Certificate etc is not sufficient ofr his requirements.

He is adamant that he needs a document that states the dates of my service and also comments on my conduct. This document doesnt exist, the document he is referring to is no longer in use, or those leaving recently do not have access to one. it seems my visa application has stalled with no steps forward. We are at a loss what to do.

Hi Gaz

Really sorry about your news, is there anything Gord can help with, maybe he can access JPA for you or stamp about a bit and get something sort!!!!! I don't know I might be clutching at straws but feeling really bad for you. Let us know.

Tanya:arghh:

Guest smithys

Congratualtions to TURABUL and CHINA!!!

So pleased for you guys, great news.

I am trying to be really patient - but not doing very well!! LOL!! :grumpy1

Good luck all xx

I have even provided copies of my friends and collegues on line (JPA, the MODs pay and admin system) of their discipline record, if you have a clean record then nothing it there, its a blank page. Likewise DIAC is not content that the ACPO checks are sufficient to confirm my certificate proves my conduct in service.

What is even more frustrating, this is a copy of part of the email " While I can appreciate your explanation regarding your conduct in the Royal Navy and based on all documents provided it appears that your conduct was exemplary, the information on file does not satisfy the requirement. I require a document that was issued at time of discharge or a date following same confirming the dates of service and confirming your conduct during that time. If you do not currently have anything that states this information then I can only suggest that you contact the relevant Military office and request that a document of this nature be issued to you."

I just really dont know what i can do. The wife has suggested we ask an old boss to write a letter, but i cannot see how this would work, they have my certificates, they have my annual apprasals, they have evidence of my service and the dates and where i was, and what rank i served and when i was promoted. So my old boss would have to look through these files of mine to write this letter. it seems i have a right stickler for some unknown rule, well unknown to us and the agents. I just dont know what to do and we should be celebrating as our medicals have arrived in Sydney.

Hi Gaz, not sure what these people will do but its worth contacting them to see if they can help!! obtaining-royal-navy-service-records-and

We have been requested to get police checks and medicals done at the moment, i'm just waiting what they ask for for my OHs military discharge as he doesn't leave until July. Hopefully they will request the same as they have asked Sharon69 for.

Bev

Archived