South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Guest nodrog72
Hi Gaz, not sure what these people will do but its worth contacting them to see if they can help!! obtaining-royal-navy-service-records-and

We have been requested to get police checks and medicals done at the moment, i'm just waiting what they ask for for my OHs military discharge as he doesn't leave until July. Hopefully they will request the same as they have asked Sharon69 for.

Bev

Hi Bev

As you know my husband is still in the military and has just sent all his docs for military discharge/ good conduct certificate it now says met on our online status if you need to know what he sent please let me know.

Tanya:wub:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,in case you were all loosing sleep worrying i now have a way forward and will update you all later, plus it will help others who might get stuck in this position. What a week from happy to very happy took then rock bottom yesterday/last night back up in the middle somewhere ready for the weekend. For those with visas congrats and i will update later before posting this weeks update.

GOT MY VISA TODAY....................GRANTED Please turn me any color u want.yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i got my visa granted today...I was one of the few initial applicants with the CO in early feb...................A BIG BIG THANX to all u PIO members for the help and support and tell you the wait is worth it guys............so just take it easy a little patience goes a long way......... Name: Turabul Date of Visa application: 28/09/2009 Nationality: Fiji High/Low Risk: HR Trade/profession: Welder Visa type: 176 Which State Sponsored: SA Date of SMP Applications:Dec/2010 Date of SMP Granted: Dec/2010 Onshore/offshore: Offshore Pre-November 2010 Category: 6 Medicals submitted: 10/02/11 Police check submitted:02/02/11 Date CO assigned: 24/01/11 Date of employment verification (If applicable):16/02/11 Date visa granted:04/02/11

Congratulations, you're looking reet good in Green. Enjoy your weekend and all the best for the future. Dont be a stranger, keep popping in to let us know how your plans are going. Who knows, we might be all able to meet up sometime in the future, down under.:goofy:

Hi everyone, I have put it in the Cat 2 thread, but as we are Adelaide bound - we got our visa granted today! So happy, and so lucky, we were one of the lucky ones who went very quickly from CO to visa grant. Our medicals only arrived in Sydney on monday and that was the only outstanding thing, and visa on Friday - not bad!! Good luck to everyone else x x x

Congratulation China, well done, i cannot believe how long it has taken you..........you took your time????????????

And after all the issues you had with trying to get your files to South Australia when applying for your State Sponsor.

:jiggy::jiggy:

2009 - TOTAL APPLICANTS 27 - CASE OFFICERS 26 - VISAs ISSUED 07

HIGH RISK - 06 - CASE OFFICERS 06 - VISAs ISSUED 04

LOW RISK - 22 - CASE OFFICERS 21 - VISAs ISSUED 03

2010 TOTAL APPLICATIONS 54 - CASE OFFICERS 45 - VISAS ISSUED 07

HIGH RISK 20 - CASE OFFICERS 16 - VISAs AWARDED 03

LOW RISK 33 -CASE OFFICERS 28 - VISAs AWARDED 04

UNKNOWN 02 - CASE OFFICERS 01 - VISAs AWARDED 00

2011 APPLICATIONS 03 - CASE OFFICERS 02 - VISAS ISSUED 01

HIGH RISK 01 - CASE OFFICERS 00 - VISAs AWARDED 00

LOW RISK 02 -CASE OFFICERS 02 - VISAs AWARDED 01

CASE OFFICERS

January 2011 - Total 11 Case Officers

Febuary 2011 - Total applicants with Case Officers in Feb 61

MARCH 2011 - Total applicants with Case Officers in Mar 01

VISA GRANTED THIS WEEK

Billway (China)(HR) - Case Officer 28/01/02 - Visa Granted 28/02/11

Stonefox (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 16/02/11 - Visa Granted 01/03/11

Kyto (South African) (HR) CASE OFFICER 31/01/11 - Visa Granted 01/03/11

DAVE7558 (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 16/02/11 - Visa Granted 02/03/11

ponnuvarun (Indian) (HR) - Case Officer 27/01/11 - Visa Granted 02/03/11

TARABUL (Fiji) (HR) - Case Officer ??/01/11 - Visa Granted 04/03/11

China (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 19/02/11 - Visa Granted 04/01/11

Weekly Update

Week ending 04/03/11

1 Case Officer assigned

7 Visas Granted

2009 Applicants

26 applicants - 26 with case officers - 7 visas granted

2010 Applicants

49 applicants - 38 with case officers - 7 visas granted

2011 Applicants

03 applicants - 2 with case officers - 1 visas granted

Guest Turabul
Congratualtions to TURABUL and CHINA!!!

So pleased for you guys, great news.

I am trying to be really patient - but not doing very well!! LOL!! :grumpy1

Good luck all xx

thanx dear ......just try to digest the wait...well to tell u the fact i was also in the same scenario as u so it is normal............just till the grant u will see how well u sleep.. cheers mate

Is it just me, or is anyone else suprised by the number of ex (or those about to leave) Service men/women on this thread who are hoping for a new life down under?

I thought that too! But people are treated so well in our forces..........:nah: put it this way i would hate for our country to be at war with the current state of our armed forces!

Well,in case you were all loosing sleep worrying i now have a way forward and will update you all later, plus it will help others who might get stuck in this position. What a week from happy to very happy took then rock bottom yesterday/last night back up in the middle somewhere ready for the weekend. For those with visas congrats and i will update later before posting this weeks update.

Right than, an emotional rollercoaster this week.

I spoke with someone in the Royal Navy Disclosure cell last week, the guy was helpful and emailed me a copy of an application to fill in and send it back, but was not sure exactly what he could get as such a document no longer existed, the RN do not have this anymore. Basically you will only have a document if you had a discipline issue with the crime, date and punishment recorded.

Last week i was unsure of exactly what was needed so my form went in quite woolly. This week dispite trying to email our agent i didnt receive and assistance, all i got was, i know you keep saying the form doesnt exist, but you must try to find one. AARRGGHHH if it doesnt exist, how do i find it.

It is now i thought having an agent would come into itself and they could earn their money. Wrong, from the information i received from them it appears they made no attempt to discuss this issue with my Case Officer to explain our issue, and the fact that others in the same position as me had not provided half the information yet theirs is deemed as acceptable.

I received a reply to my email from the Case Officer, basically you saw the response, he could see by the 10 years of apprasial, my discharge Cert, etc etc (you have heard it all before so i wont bore you with the same details) I spent most of yesterday on the internet, on the MOD Intranet, reading BRs and other publications to find out what the heck i could do. I phoned the Disclosure Cell again to check if my form had arrived, i eventually got through to a lady who came across as sympathtic so she has to whole darn saga reeled off to her over the phone. She said her boss wasnt in today but if i were to email exactly what the Case officer said, she would try to help, but she also wasnt sure what could be done if my record was clean. It was then she dropped the bombshell, we have 40 working days in which to respond. OMFG :cry:

I re emailed my agent last night and got the same reply, you will have to find something, get them to write a letter.

I called the nice Lady again this morning to confirm she had received my email (basically i was trying to use my charm to push you query up the queue, sorry, i know, but i was desperate)

She called me back about 1 hour later to say that she had heard back from all the various offices and storage Depatments they use, but because i had no offences against me (i just never got caught :wink:) she wasnt sure what she could do. i mentioned about a letter, she replied that now she has had a response from all the offices, she was happy to write a letter and wanted to know what i needed in it. WOW, i nearly cried.....someone can help me. i explained the the CO wanted a document dated on or after i had left the RN, stating my conduct (all she can say is she could see my annual assessment up to 1999, which then it went computerised, so this is no longer available to them) but would write in the letter that i served from here to blah, and that there was no records held within the RN files of any discipline issues, thus of good charachter. This letter will be sign and typed on headed format and would include their contact details if needed. She would write the letter to "to whom it may concern" then right a second letter addressed to me directly. Unfortunatly due to their systems in place, these letter must be sent by snail mail.

She phoned me back this afternoon to tell me she had finished and its in the box to post so might go this afternoon, if not then first thing monday. So hopefully we will have it by mid week. I couldnt thank her enough, i really hope this will sufice, if not then i just dont know what else can be done.

I have already sent her boss an email thanking them very much for their help, assistance and rapid replies. Once i have received the letter, i will know the lady's full name and details, she is getting a nice bunch of flowers sent to her and a box of nice biscuits for her office.

Should anyone else find themself in this unfortunate position, please contact me and i can give you their details and maybe they will help you also.

A massive chuck up the the Naval Disclosure cell in Whale Island.....:hug:

Thanks to you all for listening to me droning on and bleating about this issue, i bet you're all glad it might be over so you can get back to reading who got a CO or Visa. But i also hope that by me posting my experience, it might help someone else.

Oh and thanks for the offers of help, advice and support.

Hi Gaz, not sure what these people will do but its worth contacting them to see if they can help!! obtaining-royal-navy-service-records-and

We have been requested to get police checks and medicals done at the moment, i'm just waiting what they ask for for my OHs military discharge as he doesn't leave until July. Hopefully they will request the same as they have asked Sharon69 for.

Bev

Bev, tell your hubby to get as much as he can to prove he is/was a good boy. Tell him to get his CO to write a letter about how long he had been in and what a good egg he is and how he will be a loss to the RN, it will help in job interviews, but also if you have the same CO as me, it will get asked for...........

Its alot better to get all this stuff now while he has access to JPA and his Div Docs. Believe me, once you're out, its a right nightmare to get anything. Especially quickly.

argh gaz we are having problems too and hubby still in !

What about pension info ? because if you are receiving that ...its means you were a good lad anyhow ... not sure if it would help just wondered

If there is any way i could help, let me know. Although i am outside, i still work for the MOD so can have access to much more than you can. If he is away then i could try to help you get names, number or addressess, plus, assuming he isnt on Subs or somewhere hush hush, i am sure i could email him or he could email me anything you need to speed you the time taken.

Is it just me, or is anyone else suprised by the number of ex (or those about to leave) Service men/women on this thread who are hoping for a new life down under?

:nah: not at all lol as lil bev said they are TREATED SO WELL .... don't know why they would want to leave lol

If there is any way i could help, let me know. Although i am outside, i still work for the MOD so can have access to much more than you can. If he is away then i could try to help you get names, number or addressess, plus, assuming he isnt on Subs or somewhere hush hush, i am sure i could email him or he could email me anything you need to speed you the time taken.

Nightmare it is we can't put our application in because the agent said they need a discharge date :eek: and was he putting his notice in soon..... it depends on the visa

nodrog has given me the info her husband used , Krash aka OH is getting his XO to write a letter on monday

Gaz i'll add you if i can please and then i'll get Krash to communicate with you by email if possible so he can dot all the i'S

( he is stuck out at sea somewhere ............)

:hug:Thanks for the help guys and South Oz app's so sorry to go off topic !

I WISH YOU ALL LUCK WITH YOUR DREAMS !!

Brides x

Bev, tell your hubby to get as much as he can to prove he is/was a good boy. Tell him to get his CO to write a letter about how long he had been in and what a good egg he is and how he will be a loss to the RN, it will help in job interviews, but also if you have the same CO as me, it will get asked for...........

Its alot better to get all this stuff now while he has access to JPA and his Div Docs. Believe me, once you're out, its a right nightmare to get anything. Especially quickly.

Cheers Gaz, just got him on the case to get a letter from his CO. Give him something to do while he's stuck out at sea (and i mean STUCK lol)

:nah: not at all lol as lil bev said they are TREATED SO WELL .... don't know why they would want to leave lol....................................

( he is stuck out at sea somewhere ............)

Brides x

Haha, i wonder if our OH's are on the same ship?! They are being treated ever so nicely on there, and currently enjoy staring at Plymouth from the Sound :biglaugh:

Bev x

Haha, i wonder if our OH's are on the same ship?! They are being treated ever so nicely on there, and currently enjoy staring at Plymouth from the Sound :biglaugh:

Bev x

aw no at the sound ! nah the last communication i had with OH was :wubclub: clue for ya camels :biglaugh: he is a survey ship ..

:wideeyed:bugger south oz peeps im sorry i did it again i will hide in my WA hole now i promise lol

Brides x

aw no at the sound ! nah the last communication i had with OH was :wubclub: clue for ya camels :biglaugh: he is a survey ship ..

:wideeyed:bugger south oz peeps im sorry i did it again i will hide in my WA hole now i promise lol

Brides x

Few miles between them then lol

Brides x

WHAT!!!!!! :confused: you're one of those dirty Western Australian types......... i take back any offer of assistant or help........

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

WHAT!!!!!! :confused: you're one of those dirty Western Australian types......... i take back any offer of assistant or help........

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:huh:hangs head in shame ............:wideeyed:only place that needed us :biglaugh:

Mind the clue was in my time:yes:line

Hope it comes together for you ..i have stalked i mean watched what has been happening to you ....has to be soon

Brides x

Guest maxim

Medicals took today all ok, just waiting on blood test. Then we will be cracking open the bubbles that's been in fridge for 2 yrs.

change my color as my visa has granted........thnx

SONA. i am sorry but i dont appear to have your timeline on the first page. If you have post your timeline on your on this thread, i am sorry i must have missed it, let me know where it is?:embarrassed:

:notworthy:Name Sona grewal

Date of Visa application: 27 Sep 09

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: hR

Trade/profession: hairdresser

Visa type: 886

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 30nov2009

Date of SMP Granted: 11 Feb 10

Onshore/offshore: onshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: cat 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 3/03/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:03/03/11

Sona

Thanks Gaz..............sorry it was my fault i didnt post my time line.................YOU ALL HELPED ME LOT THANKU SO MUCH ,IF WAS NOT READING POMS I CUDNT GET VISA THAT QUICK.................THANK SO MUCH EVERYONE AGAIN N GOOD LUCK

:notworthy:Name Sona grewal

Thanks Gaz..............sorry it was my fault i didnt post my time line.................YOU ALL HELPED ME LOT THANKU SO MUCH ,IF WAS NOT READING POMS I CUDNT GET VISA THAT QUICK.................THANK SO MUCH EVERYONE AGAIN N GOOD LUCK

No worries at all, its only a bit of copying and pasting.

Congratulations on your Visa, enjoy your move (from within) safe travelles and who knows we might all get to meet up some time soon, i bet we could all do with a few mates from time to time out there. Plus you might get some new clients for your Hairdressing business.

Archived