South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Guest steph13

Hey All, I hope everyone has had a good weekend!!! I am so hoping that me & Steffi get CO's this week!!!! After the weekend it'll be back checking 654 times a day!!! We had our PC's back on Sat so that's another box ticked!!! Gonna scan them to agent tomoro!! Please can everyone cross their fingers for a CO for us!! It's been so quiet the last couple of weeks!!! Xx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nodrog72
Hey All, I hope everyone has had a good weekend!!! I am so hoping that me & Steffi get CO's this week!!!! After the weekend it'll be back checking 654 times a day!!! We had our PC's back on Sat so that's another box ticked!!! Gonna scan them to agent tomoro!! Please can everyone cross their fingers for a CO for us!! It's been so quiet the last couple of weeks!!! Xx

Best of luck I hope you all get COs this week.

Tanya:yes:

Best of luck, wanting to turn you amber this week.

Guest steffijones
Best of luck, wanting to turn you amber this week.

I really hope that we both become Amber this week, but in the meantime had to come down to London for a very boring conference tomorrow, so have just turned myself rose ( that would be the wine colour!) think it may be a long hungover day so good news with a co by morning would help!!

Guest bkicb

Hi All !

I Just want to share our good news as well, after what seemed to be an unpredictable visa application process, finally, it's done by the grace of God, - VISA GRANTED !:jiggy:

I am very grateful for this forum and all your posts, especially those who were very helpful to address each of our concerns, hats off to you Thank you. I also pray that you will all soon get your Visa(s) granted. Salamat sa Maykapal!

Here is my timeline.

Name: bkicb

Date of Visa application: 04/11/2010

Nationality: Pinoy

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 05/10/2010

Date of SMP Granted: 02/11/2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted: yes

Date CO assigned: 02/02/2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): none

Date visa granted: 04/03/2011

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Case Officer from Team 7 on 7 March! Thanks to all on this forum!

Name: harmitraj

Date of Visa application: 28 January 2011

Nationality: Singapore

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Secondary School Teacher

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 30 November 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 21 January 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted:2 March 2011

Police check submitted:2 March 2011

Date CO assigned:7 March 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest Padayachee

Congrats to some of you with CO`S and visa grants.We are still waiting for the grant letter after our docs changed to MET on the 25th Feb and OH had employment verification phone call to the HR on 1st March,,,,am so nervous and worried.We want to leave RSA 1st week of May 2011,,,need to book flights but cant really do much until grant letter arrives.....:cry: COME ON TEAM 7 PRETTY PLEASE GRANT SOON.

Guest china
Congratulation China, well done, i cannot believe how long it has taken you..........you took your time????????????

And after all the issues you had with trying to get your files to South Australia when applying for your State Sponsor.

:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi Gaz - thanks! Yes it was a bit hairy with the old state sponsorship documents, they finally reached adelaide on the 27th day! eek! The build up to actually submitting the 176 paper work was quite long, we had drama with the skills assessment too, they changed the criteria while ours was in the post and even though we had done it to the new criteria it still took them a month to write to us, to ask us to sign something to say we knew we had to meet the new criteria - grrr! But now we have the visa it all pales into insignificance ;)

It's weird though, we are SOOOO happy, but at the same time I don't think it has really sunk in. I think we are going to get our visas evidenced in our passports, just so that we can see it, I know you don't need it but I think that will be nice!

Good luck Gaz, and everyone else! Now the hard bit, getting ready to go, and deciding where to go....................................

Guest Bokkiegirl
Congrats to some of you with CO`S and visa grants.We are still waiting for the grant letter after our docs changed to MET on the 25th Feb and OH had employment verification phone call to the HR on 1st March,,,,am so nervous and worried.We want to leave RSA 1st week of May 2011,,,need to book flights but cant really do much until grant letter arrives.....:cry: COME ON TEAM 7 PRETTY PLEASE GRANT SOON.

I am sure you will have your grant letter soon!

At least you have/had movement on your application, we are just standing still.. Nothing is happening at all, and CO just said (after our agent enquired) that the routine checks can take another couple of weeks... :confused:

Guest Padayachee
I am sure you will have your grant letter soon!

At least you have/had movement on your application, we are just standing still.. Nothing is happening at all, and CO just said (after our agent enquired) that the routine checks can take another couple of weeks... :confused:

Hi K

This is sooo frustrating ,,,we just got to hang on a little more,.:daydreaming:I know,,,am sick of day dreaming about the big move too.

Hi All !

I Just want to share our good news as well, after what seemed to be an unpredictable visa application process, finally, it's done by the grace of God, - VISA GRANTED !:jiggy:

I am very grateful for this forum and all your posts, especially those who were very helpful to address each of our concerns, hats off to you Thank you. I also pray that you will all soon get your Visa(s) granted. Salamat sa Maykapal!

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy the feeling. Best of luck with the next step.

Guest maxim
Does anyone know roughly how long after they have recieved medicals and police checks till visa's are getting granted?? They have confirmed medicals have been received and just sent police checks off last week.

I think looking at most of posts it's about 4wks, we had our meds Saturday so hopefully visa granted by end of month. But that's just going off timeline by forumn posts

A quick update from us. Medicals have been received and immediately referred.. so we think this means going over it with a fine tooth comb (we had to go back to GP for more info if you remember). Very very scared now. Anyone got any clues on the referred thing? Can someone tell us what referred means? :arghh::arghh:

Last night we phoned DIAC to see if the medicals had been received - we'd had to send them manually as the practice said we had the wrong forms and so couldn't do e-health... We were told that it would take "4 to 6 weeks and even longer" for the medicals to appear on the system. So I wouldn't put too much faith in anything you get told!! :realmad::realmad::mad:

Despite sending them off together in the same envelope only one of our police checks has come back... the other appears to be taking the slow route from Hampshire....:wacko:

Hiya T&R. Our police checks came back seperated by about 5 days (over a weekend) i was panicked a little in case it had been lost in the post (why do i always assume the worse) but thankfully all was well with ours.

Which practise did you use for your medicals? We used the London (Knightsbridge) and got the same story about not being able to use the E-Health, strange considering we had the same forms as others who have used Cardiff no problem. Still part of our medical fee included document courier so were posted on a Tuesday and signed for in Sydney on the Friday.

I cannot belive the practise gave you the documents to post yourself, have they not read the guidlines and instructions by DIAC which forbids this???????

Why do you think your meds have been referred, is this a complete shock? Sorry i cannot help on how long and what happens, but i have seen a few posts about this within PIO over the last few weeks that might help.

Best of luck and i seriously hope for your sakes its only an over keen individual who actions them soon, that way you can relax a little.

Guest Bokkiegirl

Seriously Gaz?? That's wonderful!!! Thought they were waiting for more doc's??

Huge congrats!!

Seriously Gaz?? That's wonderful!!! Thought they were waiting for more doc's??

Huge congrats!!

We were, i received the etter from the RN tonight when we got home. I scanned it in and sent it to our agent. Had/having a crap nights sleep so checked my emails to find out our agent hadnt replied to say the email had arrived so i took the decission to email it straight to our Case Officer. Then bang, two hours later we have been granted our visa. I will be sending a nice bunch of flowers to the lady in the disclosure cell in portsmouth, she helped me emensly by being so quick and typing our letter. She didnt have to and they have 40 days to respond, but all done and dusted within a week of receiving our application for the data. Right, i must try to get some sleep. Night.

Guest steph13

OMG Gaz, FAB FAB news for you!!!! Well Done!!!!!

And guess what, just checked my emails and agent has said we have a CASE OFFICER!!!!!!!! Can't believe it!!!!!! Am so so happy!!!!! At long last!!!!

TURN ME AMBER PLEASE GAZ!!!!!

Am so hoping Steffi wakes up the same email from our agent!!!!! Xxxxx:biggrin:

Archived