South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Phillips family
hi gaz!

Please turn us green, we got our visa yesterday! Such a lovely warm, happy feeling! Thanks again to everyone who answered all my questions and soothed my anxious soul!

Gill and mal x:jiggy:

congratulations!!!!xx

2009 - TOTAL APPLICANTS 29 - CASE OFFICERS 28 - VISAs ISSUED 17

HIGH RISK - 07 - CASE OFFICERS 07 - VISAs ISSUED 05

LOW RISK - 22 - CASE OFFICERS 21 - VISAs ISSUED 12

2010 TOTAL APPLICATIONS 55 - CASE OFFICERS 48 - VISAS ISSUED 19

HIGH RISK 20 - CASE OFFICERS 18 - VISAs AWARDED 06

LOW RISK 33 -CASE OFFICERS 29 - VISAs AWARDED 12

UNKNOWN 02 - CASE OFFICERS 01 - VISAs AWARDED 01

2011 APPLICATIONS 03 - CASE OFFICERS 03 - VISAS ISSUED 01

HIGH RISK 01 - CASE OFFICERS 00 - VISAs AWARDED 00

LOW RISK 02 - CASE OFFICERS 02 - VISAs AWARDED 01

Total applicants with Case Officers in Mar 01

High Risk - 04 of 06

Low Risk - 02 of 06

Unknown - 0 of 06

VISA GRANTED - CONGRATULATIONS

Jillabong (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 14/02/11 - Visa Granted 15/03/11

markandcat (UK) (LR) - CASE OFFICER 01/02/11 - Visa Granted 15/03/11

Bokkiegirl (South Africa) (HR) - CASE OFFICER 02/02/11 - Visa Granted 16/03/11

Dafdo () () - Case Officer 07/02/11 - Visa Grated 16/03/11

Padayachee (SA)(LR) - Case Officer 02/02/11 - Visa Granted 17/03/11

Leemina (UK)(LR) - Case Officer 15/02/11 - Visa Granted 17/03/11

Malkitek (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 14/02/11 - Visa Granted 17/03/11

Sharon69 (UK)(LR) - Case Officer 10/02/11 - Visa Granted 18/03/11

Weekly Update

Week ending 18/03/11

0 Case Officers assigned

8 Visas Granted.

2009 Applicants

28 applicants - 27 with case officers - 16 Visas Granted

2010 Applicants

55 applicants - 48 with case officers - 18 Visas Granted

2011 Applicants

03 applicants - 3 with case officers - 1 Visa Granted

Hi Lorraine & family

Sounds like the same doctor that was off sick last week, we got Dr Crichton instead, lovely lady. Hope you are still online and get this advice: leave early and do not under-estimate how busy the traffic is on the M8/ Edinburgh city bypass around 4pm. I am originally from the weeg (no-one else will understand this!) and was visiting my Mum in Paisley today. Left hers around 3.45pm and didn't get home until just after 5.30pm and we stay only ten minutes away from Shawfair. Hopefully you will have a shorter journey time. There's a water and coffee machine in the reception area of the hospital if you arrive early but not much else. But parking is free which is always unexpected in Edinburgh!

Fingers crossed for you,

Kind regards

Janice

Ps tried Zumba once but too self-concious and have no co-ordination, perhaps you could start a trend in Oz.....

Hi Janice,

Thanks for your advice.

I think everything went well or at least we weren't told that anything had caused concern. The staff were helpful and pleasant as you had said and it was easy enough to find. Our original appointments were for 9am but got changed to 4.45pm. It was very busy going through but the journey home was quicker (50 mins) and yay i managed to get to zumba too!

Got my fingers crossed for you that you'll hear something soon.

Anytime you fancy trying zumba again you can come to one of my classes and try it for free. My choreography is easy to follow honest! Or maybe we can meet up in Adelaide and I can show you some zumba moves!

Zumba hugs

Lorraine x

Hello Everyone.. well done to all the new "greenies" in the past few days

We are still waiting for med checking. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do to check further.. don't all run off to Adelaide and forget about us! Feels like an absolute age but it's actually only 2 weeks so I expect early days.

TNR xxx

Congratulations to all those with visa grants!!! We still havn't had our medicals yet as OH is away, going to get them booked for the 9th April so a few more weeks for us yet, hopefully join you all in the green club soon:wideeyed:

Hi gaz thanks for the update.....hoping we won't be the last 2009 still waiting for a co for too much longer.

Michelle

Hiya, i should hope so too. Best of luck with the Case Officer and subsequent grant. Have you sent a PLE to ask for an update considering some threads on here are implying that ALL Cat 2 applicants have now been issued Case Officers.

Hi Gaz,

thanks, I was going to ask to be turned green but you already did it for me, suits me I think !

Wishing a short wait for everyone still waiting for the Grant.

Sharon x

Sharon, sorry I messed up your chance of glory on the request of green. I saw you had posted the other day so thought in your excitment you had forgotten about this thread.

I can change you back and wait :wink:

Congratulations.

Hello Everyone.. well done to all the new "greenies" in the past few days

We are still waiting for med checking. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do to check further.. don't all run off to Adelaide and forget about us! Feels like an absolute age but it's actually only 2 weeks so I expect early days.

TNR xxx

Your medicals seem to be taking forever, how the heck are you coping? :confused:

We are not going for some months yet, so you are still stuck with me. :radar:

Have you ran out of finger and toe nails yet?

Congratulations to all those with visa grants!!! We still havn't had our medicals yet as OH is away, going to get them booked for the 9th April so a few more weeks for us yet, hopefully join you all in the green club soon:wideeyed:

Is that when your OH gets back?

If i dont say it before your medicals, best of luck, i am sure with you both being quite young (Not like us old farts......) and therefore healthy you wont have any issues at all (other than the obvious wait).

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site, so here goes:

Name: ADELAIDE

Date of Visa application: 18/03/2011

Nationality: BRITISH

High/Low Risk: LOW

Trade/profession: BUYER

Visa type: 309/100

Which State Sponsored:

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: OFFSHORE

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: YES - DONE FEB 2011

Police check submitted: YES - DONE FEB 2011

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Gone through an agent so we will only know something when he knows :angel_happy_face_ha

Congrats to those that have been granted your visas!!!

Adelaide, welcome to the south aus club. as you can see there are a few of us all wanting the same thing. You will also see some have experience a very short wait. Best of luck with everything, i see you have front loaded your meds and PCC so i am sure you will get your Case Officer shortly and assuming that you have an agent then this should lead to a quick decission.

Your medicals seem to be taking forever, how the heck are you coping? :confused:

We are not going for some months yet, so you are still stuck with me. :radar:

Have you ran out of finger and toe nails yet?

hi Gaz

No nails left whatsoever.. however a bit of research on PIO this morning seems to indicate that 2 weeks wait is perfectly normal and it can be 4 due to the sudden influx of meds - remember they told us all to front load them? So we are yet again, stuck in a queue.... Going to email and give them a nudge tomorrow - or perhaps Monday night to miss the Sunday / Monday rush.

We are still working on the premise we are going and still buying up everything under the sun, or should we say clouds, due to the prices here compared to down there..

Speak soon!

TNR

Guest degnantitanboy

:yes:

Hi Janice,

Thanks for your advice.

I think everything went well or at least we weren't told that anything had caused concern. The staff were helpful and pleasant as you had said and it was easy enough to find. Our original appointments were for 9am but got changed to 4.45pm. It was very busy going through but the journey home was quicker (50 mins) and yay i managed to get to zumba too!

Got my fingers crossed for you that you'll hear something soon.

Anytime you fancy trying zumba again you can come to one of my classes and try it for free. My choreography is easy to follow honest! Or maybe we can meet up in Adelaide and I can show you some zumba moves!

Zumba hugs

Lorraine x

Hi Lorraine

Thanks for your reply, glad all went well with the medicals. We were told it would take about a week for all the results to get sent. Daughter was finalised the next day, OH 6 days later then me the following day, YIPEE! One more step further along the visa journey....Hope yours are as quick.

Cheers for the zumba offer, am definitely in need of getting fit again!

Here's hoping to both getting our visas soon,

Kind regards

Janice

Is that when your OH gets back?

If i dont say it before your medicals, best of luck, i am sure with you both being quite young (Not like us old farts......) and therefore healthy you wont have any issues at all (other than the obvious wait).

He's back next weekend, will be celebrating as he leaves the ship FOREVER!! :jiggy:We would go to Cardiff but they only do midweek and if i'm working, he's not and vice versa. So heading to Birmingham on the one and only weekend i have off work. Thanks for the good luck wishes Gaz, i hope we get on ok!

Oh how good does FOREVER sound? Good luck with your medicals, you'll be fine though, nothing to them Bev.

Sharon

Its sounds wonderful Sharon! He will still be in until July but at least he's off that bloody ship! Thanks, just want to get the medicals out of the way so we can get our visa too. Has it sunk in yet? x

It still feels a bit strange, partly cos OH is still away. I keep logging onto the visa app page and smiling at the approved bit, I know I'm sad :biggrin:

Be careful celebrating, I had a couple of bottles of bubbly with friends last night however when coming in with the carrier bags one of my dogs took the bottom out of the bag and the bottles came crashing out of the bottom, didn't smash the bottles as my big toe broke the fall, now nursing a very blue swollen toe, OUCH!!!!

Guest Bokkiegirl

Hi all,

Just popping in to say howdy! Still floating on cloud 9 - keep checking and re-checking that beautiful online page with those magical words "Approved"!

Gosh what a feeling!

Head is spinning with all the preparations and research - so much to decide and worry about, but it's a nice kind of worry :smile:

Good luck to all still waiting. May you have the best news ever super soon!

Take care xx

Archived