South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Gaz,

It is finally my turn to say/shout TURN ME GREEN!!

Got the e-mail this morning....what a fantastic feeling.

Going to get busy planning a validation trip, with the exchange rate so poor at the moment I think it's the best thing for us to do and look into emigrating when the exchange rate is more favourable or if I manage to find employment out there whilst still here in the Uk.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Now the journey really begins!!!

Huge congratulations - and welcome to the green gang!

lorraine x

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowy10
Just checked online progress & 3 out of 4 meds are finalised ...typical it had to be mine that was referred!!

Not long to go now!!

Good luck.

Guest steph13

Well we are gonna head up to Manchester now for our Medicals!!! Am feeling very nervous and worried!!! Nothing we can do now though!!! Really hope it doesn't take too long to hear back from them!!!! Xx

Guest maxim
:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:VISA GRANTED 7 Apr 11 !!! :hug:

Thank-you very much to one and all on this forum!

Congratulations it's a great feeling after all the stress were all put through during process. And having a forumn makes it a lot easier knowing were all in the same boat.

Guest jojaks

Meds Finalised . Police checks and form 80s posted to Aus yesterday.

Cant possibly be long now , oooooooooo getting excited

Guest SusieOR

Name: SusieOR

Date of Visa application: 2nd June 2009

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Cabinet Maker

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 5th April 2011

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: SS WA Granted!!! then they dont want Cabinet Makers!!

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Weekly Update

2009 - TOTAL APPLICANTS 31 - CASE OFFICERS 31 - VISAs ISSUED 20

2010 TOTAL APPLICATIONS 53 - CASE OFFICERS 49 - VISAS ISSUED 29

2011 TOTAL APPLICATIONS 05 - CASE OFFICERS 03 - VISAS ISSUED 02

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING

SNOWY21 (UK) (LR) - Case Officer 15/02/11 - Visa Granted 04/04/11

Maxim (UK)(LR) - Case Officer 18/02/11 - Visa Granted 04/04/11

Degnantitanboy (UK)(LR) - Case Officer 17/02/11 - Visa Granted 06/04/11

Harmitraj (Singapore) (HR) - Case Officer 07/03/11 - Visa Granted 07/04/11

Week ending 01/04/11

0 Case Officers assigned

7 Visas Granted

Week ending 08/04/11

0 Case Officers Assigned

4 Visas Granted

Guest steph13

Well we had our Medicals in Manchester with Dr Smith!!! He was GREAT!!! So so so friendly, totally relaxing and fab with kids!!!! All went well and hope bloods come back ok!!! More waiting now and checking online tracker 548 times a day!!! x

hi there all, this is Thistle and Rose reporting in, exhausted from another day in the loft!

Well done to everyone getting their visas since we've last been on here. A few more people for Gaz's mega party.. How are the preparations going Gaz?

We are trying valiantly to clear out the house. We are doing ok though and (we think) we still have time to do what we need. Still not sure exactly when we'll set foot on Adelaide soil but it's most likely to be late August.

Speak soon all and fingers crossed for more greens next week...

TNR xxxx

Guest Phillips family
It won't be long now.. crossing everything for you.

TNR x x

awww thankyou TNR, my husbands joke of "me & kids are going to oz but Trude's not" over the wkend is becoming wearing !!!lol!! Thanks lovie xx

awww thankyou TNR, my husbands joke of "me & kids are going to oz but Trude's not" over the wkend is becoming wearing !!!lol!! Thanks lovie xx

Shame on him!! Well tell him as he's going he'd better start all the work for moving.. shippers.. clearing the rubbish, cos you don't want to be left with it all... ha ha.

Does yours say referred? Ours did and they took 3 weeks but some do seem to come more quickly. You can mail the health operations cxentre to see if they can give you an update. The address is on PIO somewhere or I can find it later.

TNR x x

Guest sherry9oct

I am getting tired this immigration process is talking too long. i think my CO is sleeping. Someone told me that it takes 12 months for CO to process applicants from Pakistan even they are in cat 2.

Guest Phillips family
Shame on him!! Well tell him as he's going he'd better start all the work for moving.. shippers.. clearing the rubbish, cos you don't want to be left with it all... ha ha.

Does yours say referred? Ours did and they took 3 weeks but some do seem to come more quickly. You can mail the health operations cxentre to see if they can give you an update. The address is on PIO somewhere or I can find it later.

TNR x x

Ha!Ha!.....he's got the week off next week and it hasnt seen the list I've left for him yet!!!lol! (i'm working) yeah it says referred ...but only by a week tomor ...blimey 3 wks wait !!..will give it til end of week ...thank you xx

Guest Alibajwa
I am getting tired this immigration process is talking too long. i think my CO is sleeping. Someone told me that it takes 12 months for CO to process applicants from Pakistan even they are in cat 2.

Yes SHerry! you are right. It would take approximately 12 months after getting CO if you are from Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan. Does your CO asked for form 80?

Yes SHerry! you are right. It would take approximately 12 months after getting CO if you are from Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan. Does your CO asked for form 80?

:cry:I don't even have a CO yet and its killing me! One out of the handful 2010 applicants who's still BLACK.:cry:

Guest Alibajwa
:cry:I don't even have a CO yet and its killing me! One out of the handful 2010 applicants who's still BLACK.:cry:

Dude! dnt get panic. jUST CALL diac and tell them abt ur case. You must have CO by now. I repeatedly sent PLE's to DIAC and in one of my PLE reply, DIAC answered that my case has been assigned to CO.

My case officer didn't contact me for 1 x month after DIAC confirmed me that I had a CO. I agian sent PLE and asked for status of my application. 2 days later, Co asked me for FORM 80.

So, i advise you either to call DIAC or sent PLE and let us know your status of application.

Regards

Guest steffijones
Just checked online progress & 3 out of 4 meds are finalised ...typical it had to be mine that was referred!!

I am now in exactly the same position as you!! Had our meds last Friday in Manchester ( Dr Smith, brilliant and would recommend ) looked online this morning and the 2 boys and Steve are finalised and mine have been referred!! More waiting...... I will seriously be bald with no finger nails by the time we get to Oz!! :yes:

Guest SusieOR

They received my online application on 5th... I posted the docs on the 6th... & they received them on the 13th!!!

FINGERS CROSSED...

Has anything changed on your status page, i.e. being processed further?

If i were in your shoes i would rind DIAC (agent or no agent) and ask what situation your application is in, it has been six weeks now since they issued the emails stating they are processing up to past your application date. I would hate it if it has happened again, but they may not have received your Form 1100 from SA (so many have had this issue recently) thus in the eyes of DIAC you will be CAT 3.

Just give them a call. If you dont get a decent response ring back 10 mins later, chances are you will get someone different. Just be prepared for being kept on hold for 20 mins before you get to speak to someone.

Guest Phillips family
I am now in exactly the same position as you!! Had our meds last Friday in Manchester ( Dr Smith, brilliant and would recommend ) looked online this morning and the 2 boys and Steve are finalised and mine have been referred!! More waiting...... I will seriously be bald with no finger nails by the time we get to Oz!! :yes:

oooh I know steff its been a week theyve been referred....its good the kids have been home this week as I haven't been able to get on PC til they've gone to bed!So keeping myslef a lttle occupied. Good luck lovely x

Has anything changed on your status page, i.e. being processed further?

If i were in your shoes i would rind DIAC (agent or no agent) and ask what situation your application is in, it has been six weeks now since they issued the emails stating they are processing up to past your application date. I would hate it if it has happened again, but they may not have received your Form 1100 from SA (so many have had this issue recently) thus in the eyes of DIAC you will be CAT 3.

Just give them a call. If you dont get a decent response ring back 10 mins later, chances are you will get someone different. Just be prepared for being kept on hold for 20 mins before you get to speak to someone.

Thanks gaz n family! Last time(2nd week of Feb) we called up DIAC they said they hadn't received my Form 1100. emailed Migration SA to straighten things up after which they sent me an email stating the usual that my Form 1100 would be resent within 7 days of blah, blah, blah. So 7 days + 10 days(days for the Form 1100 to show up in DIAC records even if received; as communicated)+ an extra week later I resent a PLE to which they replied that it was against the law to communicate with an unauthorized recipient and we have to fill in a Form 1193. The initial query(PLE) also mentioned the same email ID and they didn't say anything then???!

So technically speaking, yes, I'm a Cat 3 coz they don't have my Form 1100. HELLO!!!!! I filed a SS 176! The world's most demented wouldn't put at stake AUD2500 with an SS! DIAC's got to get these checks in place so applications don't just lie there. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't sent that PLE in Feb, I was sitting pretty expecting the CO anytime after the SA SMP was enforced.

Ringing DIAC is another story; I had to wait over an hour before I had to agonizingly drop the line twice. :mad:

The key lies in confirming whether the SS has reached DIAC or not as yet. There's absolutely no question afterward that I'm Cat 2.

Cheers!

Archived