South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Guest steffijones
oooh I know steff its been a week theyve been referred....its good the kids have been home this week as I haven't been able to get on PC til they've gone to bed!So keeping myslef a lttle occupied. Good luck lovely x

Well I am hoping that because the next few weeks are busy for me It will keep my mind off it but it's not working so far!!! Have now booked a load of estate agents to come round next week so that will give me something else to moither about!! Hope your not waiting too long for your's to go through ( and then hopefully mine will be about a week behind you! ), Keep smiling! :cute:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest steffijones

Just checked this morning and my meds have been finalised!!! Omg I am soo relieved!! Just wait and watch again now! I have a lovely bottle of pink moet that Steph13 bought me for my 40th and we said we would all drink it when we have our visas granted, think I need to start chilling it!!!

Guest SusieOR
Just checked this morning and my meds have been finalised!!! Omg I am soo relieved!! Just wait and watch again now! I have a lovely bottle of pink moet that Steph13 bought me for my 40th and we said we would all drink it when we have our visas granted, think I need to start chilling it!!!

Excellent... get that champers put on ice cause it wont be long now :biggrin: Congrats...

Susie

My long journey has finally come to the end.... please turn me to green.

Thank you all for your useful information. I wish you all the best and hope to see you somewhere in SA near in the future.

Kindest regards,

Sorry for the delay, but you are now looking great in Green. Congratulations.

Weeklyupdate.

Congratulations to those who gained their visas this week.......

littlem (UK)(LR) 475 - Case Officer 23/03/11 - Visa Granted 14/04/11

southerncrossfj (Japan) (LR) - CASE OFFICER 02/02/11 - Visa Granted 15/04/11

Week Ending 15/04/11

0 Case Officers Assigned

2 Visas Granted

2009 Applicants

31 applicants - 31 with case officers - 22 Visas Granted

2010 Applicants

53 applicants - 49 with case officers - 29 Visas Granted

2011 Applicants

05 applicants - 3 with case officers - 2 Visa Granted

Sorry not been on for a while trying to get house ready to sell and hold down 2 jobs! EEK

Congratulations to all who received visas this week!

@ the 2 Steph's and the Phillips family keeping everything crossed for you guys to be joining the green gang real soon.

To all others waiting best of luck

zumba love

Lorraine xx

ps Gaz I got some nice neon zumba wear for you to try out a class in!

Guest Phillips family

Aw Thank you Lorraine ...we've just returned from rugby tour in Devon my OH kept saying all weekend awww love are you having withdraw symptoms not being able to go on PIO!!....hence I tried to make out I was not bothered as soon as we got home by putting a wash on & but we were both checking the e-mails after a few mins of getting in. We had a reply from HOC & they are currently processing medicals received on 21 March...so cos ours weren't received until 6th April ...a little more waiting!

My friend in Adelaide texted yesterday ....she wrote I thought of you today Trude ..we were wine tasting at the surf club....dolphins popped up to say hello & kids played happily all afternoon...sounds perfect !! Can't wait .....happy days to come.

congrats to all those who got their visas ...& good luck for this week those waiting xxx

Aw Thank you Lorraine ...we've just returned from rugby tour in Devon my OH kept saying all weekend awww love are you having withdraw symptoms not being able to go on PIO!!....hence I tried to make out I was not bothered as soon as we got home by putting a wash on & but we were both checking the e-mails after a few mins of getting in. We had a reply from HOC & they are currently processing medicals received on 21 March...so cos ours weren't received until 6th April ...a little more waiting!

My friend in Adelaide texted yesterday ....she wrote I thought of you today Trude ..we were wine tasting at the surf club....dolphins popped up to say hello & kids played happily all afternoon...sounds perfect !! Can't wait .....happy days to come.

congrats to all those who got their visas ...& good luck for this week those waiting xxx

I remember the feeling well the knot of anxiety in your stomach every time you log on!

it won't be long and you will soon be joining your friend to watch dolphins and drink vino and the wait will all have been worth it. As I said I'm keeping everything crossed hoping to see some more green over the next couple of weeks. Hang in there!

Zumba love

Lorraine x

Soon be there.

If i told you what i did while waiting for the visa approval, you would all think i was mad.......OK here goes.

I am a smoker and only smoke outside, everytime i had a cig i would always take my phone and check my emails, did this at home, at work, everytime i had a tab. I also started checking PIO and this thread to see who was next on the green club. I dont sleep very well (never slept through the night for about 4 years now) so do sometimes get up, log on or watch TV (trying not to wake up the Mrs) and always went out back for a ciggy, yep, you guessed it, with my phone, check the emails, check PIO. The night we got our visa i was up at about 2ish, tabbing, but with that news i had to wake up the wife. We laid in bed for hours after trying to sleep.

See, told you i was mad.

So pleased you are moving on up the queue. It just takes its time but from what I can see they are pretty reliable in their processing. I know exactly how you feel, those 3 weeks were the worst. Thinking of you.

Now I am semi-redundant, my "working" day seems to consist of taking rubbish to the dump and putting old playstation games on ebay.... Hey ho. The lists are growing longer by the day but it's a good stress.. But today it hit me - we are going to live by the sea!!!! I am excited about seeing the pandas in Adelaide zoo - but dolphins as well ?!!

Our tickets are booked for August 16th!

We'll all be there very soon....

xx

Guest steffijones

Omg! Got woken up by the phone at 5.10am this morning, Hubby thought it was a call out but it was a call from our agent in Oz to tell us we have our VISA!!!! Please turn us green Gaz! Just need steph13 to get hers this week now and then oh my lord will there be some celebrating going on this weekend!!!

Trudie I hope yours is also this week hun, feel real bad that yours was before mine and your still waiting, I have everything crossed that it is really soon for you though.

Have 3 estate agents coming out today as well so that seems like a good omen....... Perhaps they'll tell me my house is worth half a million and they can sell it tomorrow!!!! Oh well......I can dream and as my dreams seem to be coming true today who knows?

From the very happy Jones's!!!

Guest Phillips family
Omg! Got woken up by the phone at 5.10am this morning, Hubby thought it was a call out but it was a call from our agent in Oz to tell us we have our VISA!!!! Please turn us green Gaz! Just need steph13 to get hers this week now and then oh my lord will there be some celebrating going on this weekend!!!

Trudie I hope yours is also this week hun, feel real bad that yours was before mine and your still waiting, I have everything crossed that it is really soon for you though.

Have 3 estate agents coming out today as well so that seems like a good omen....... Perhaps they'll tell me my house is worth half a million and they can sell it tomorrow!!!! Oh well......I can dream and as my dreams seem to be coming true today who knows?

From the very happy Jones's!!!

STEFF FANTASTIC NEWS ....NO worries hun I AM SOOO PLEASED FOR YOU & EVERYONE ELSE WHO GETS THERES...JUST NEED YOUR FRIENDS TO GET THERES...WOO HOOOOO ENJOY YOUR DAY OF JUMPING AROUND & PHONING PEOPLE TO TELL THEM!! xxxxxx

Guest Phillips family
Soon be there.

If i told you what i did while waiting for the visa approval, you would all think i was mad.......OK here goes.

I am a smoker and only smoke outside, everytime i had a cig i would always take my phone and check my emails, did this at home, at work, everytime i had a tab. I also started checking PIO and this thread to see who was next on the green club. I dont sleep very well (never slept through the night for about 4 years now) so do sometimes get up, log on or watch TV (trying not to wake up the Mrs) and always went out back for a ciggy, yep, you guessed it, with my phone, check the emails, check PIO. The night we got our visa i was up at about 2ish, tabbing, but with that news i had to wake up the wife. We laid in bed for hours after trying to sleep.

See, told you i was mad.

GAZ thats soo funny! Was trying to get PIO on my little iphone in the caravan trying to enlarge it etc ...then getting mad with my OH saying why isnt my e-mails connected to my phone can you sort it out!!! Grrrrrrrr! All this drives one a bit CRAZY doesn't it!!!!!!!

:wacko:

Hi Guys

Wondering if you got any advise. I had applied for a skills assessment with ACS in Feb. Got a replying saying that the nominated occupation does not match with my skills and have recommended an alternate occupation.

I was hoping to launch 175 as I would have had sufficient points plus the occupation is in SOL 3 list. The new code is not but it is on SA SMP (Systems Administartor).

I don't have much time as I haven't received the skills results to submit. I have requested for an urgent response but the question I have is that can I submit my online application and post the documents once I receive the letter? Or submit both online and documents and later send out the skill letter.

I haven't got much time as the deadline is 2 May

Guest SusieOR
Hi Guys

Wondering if you got any advise. I had applied for a skills assessment with ACS in Feb. Got a replying saying that the nominated occupation does not match with my skills and have recommended an alternate occupation.

I was hoping to launch 175 as I would have had sufficient points plus the occupation is in SOL 3 list. The new code is not but it is on SA SMP (Systems Administartor).

I don't have much time as I haven't received the skills results to submit. I have requested for an urgent response but the question I have is that can I submit my online application and post the documents once I receive the letter? Or submit both online and documents and later send out the skill letter.

I haven't got much time as the deadline is 2 May

Hiya,

You have 30 days to get your paperwork to them once your online application has been submitted... I would suggest you fill in your online application as soon as possible... & then send all the paperwork in together as soon as you can...

Good Luck with meeting the deadline...

Susie

Hiya,

You have 30 days to get your paperwork to them once your online application has been submitted... I would suggest you fill in your online application as soon as possible... & then send all the paperwork in together as soon as you can...

Good Luck with meeting the deadline...

Susie

Hi Susie,

Thanks for your response

I had sent SA Immigration an email and spoke with someone today. Got the same reasponse. They posted the deadline on their site so that everyone is warned and that they will not be making any exceptions for anyone as there are others in a similar position as me.

I haven't got a choice but to wait now

Guest SusieOR
Hi Susie,

Thanks for your response

I had sent SA Immigration an email and spoke with someone today. Got the same reasponse. They posted the deadline on their site so that everyone is warned and that they will not be making any exceptions for anyone as there are others in a similar position as me.

I haven't got a choice but to wait now

Harsh isnt it but I suppose fair!!! Did they have any idea's about when it would re-open?

Harsh isnt it but I suppose fair!!! Did they have any idea's about when it would re-open?

"Once details of South Australia’s Sponsorship criteria for 2011-2012 have been finalised, the Online Application System will be reopened"

I am more annoyed because I got my skills done last year and also completed IELTS to get enough points to apply for 175 but my luck my assessment arrived just after DIAC suspended all applications.

Occupation not on any list so applied again for new assessment. Was told that my skills dont match the nominated occupation but was recommended an alternate. The new code is not on SOL Cat 3 so cant apply for 175 again.

As the results will not arrive in time so I cant apply for SA SS. Yes it is harsh...hmmm...

Whats next....

Hi Gaz,

Well, It's finally happened, visa granted 21st April !!! Please turn us green.

Many thanks to all who have answered questions and I hope your remaining wait is brief.

Many thanks again.

Jonneeb

Jonneeb.

Really sorry it has taken me so long to give you that colour green you deserve. Congratulations, i hope your next step is smooth (and not so expensive)

Hi Gaz,

No worries, totally understand.

I've been arranging quotes from shippers, planning decorating etc. etc. etc. you know the drill!

I doubt "not as expensive" will come to fruition though!

Cheers, hope you have a safe journey and a great time.

Jonneeb

Guest steffijones

Hi Gaz, can you also turn me green?? We got our visa on the 19th April which happened way quicker than we thought it would in the end! :jiggy::jiggy:

Did post it on but you might have missed it!!! :wink:

Now just waiting for Steph13 to get their's and then we can really celebrate.

Archived