South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Omg! Got woken up by the phone at 5.10am this morning, Hubby thought it was a call out but it was a call from our agent in Oz to tell us we have our VISA!!!! Please turn us green Gaz! Just need steph13 to get hers this week now and then oh my lord will there be some celebrating going on this weekend!!!

Trudie I hope yours is also this week hun, feel real bad that yours was before mine and your still waiting, I have everything crossed that it is really soon for you though.

Have 3 estate agents coming out today as well so that seems like a good omen....... Perhaps they'll tell me my house is worth half a million and they can sell it tomorrow!!!! Oh well......I can dream and as my dreams seem to be coming true today who knows?

From the very happy Jones's!!!

SORRY, completely missed this, :embarrassed: really busy at work so not able to dedicate as much time to my future as i would like. light at the end of the tunnel though, only a couple of more weeks of this manic pressue to put up with. Plus, i get a free trip to the USA out of it.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vaskoka

Hi

I have sponsorship from South Australia approved on 13 April 2011, I have sent my visa documents on April 19, DIAC recived them on 27 April due to holydays, now I am waiting for Acknowledgement. SA says that i have to lodge visa application with DIAC within thirty days from date of sponsorship approval or this Sponsorship will expire. I am litlle confused so I need your help. Which date will be Lodgement date 27 April or the date when they send me Acknowledgement ?

Thank you

At what point should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything??

I know we've all waited for what seems like forever but this last bits a killer.:twitcy:

Was thinking of ringing DIAC tonight but don't want to be a pest.....

Guest Phillips family
At what point should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything??

I know we've all waited for what seems like forever but this last bits a killer.:twitcy:

Was thinking of ringing DIAC tonight but don't want to be a pest.....

I would give them a call hun...all your docs have been submitted ages ago...I've read on here some people that have rang & everything has changed to met the next day. Did you hear anything from your CO?

The Hoc are processing meds from 25th March so a little more waiting for me!

T xxx

.... So I rang DIAC.... Was a bit confused (as I often am) and I rang at 11:30pm thinking it was their 9am, but they were closed. I then discovered the PIO clocks were wrong so set my alarm to wake up at 12:30 and try again.

Was on hold for 30mins.... Nearly gave up.

Then a guy answered, I explained my situation, and he said it has been very quiet lately as lots of staff off over the Easter break etc. and it should be any time soon that I hear anything.

So happy with that I went back off to sleep.

As soon as the alarm went off i checked my emails and there is was. Sent at 2am (less than an hour after my call) VISA APPROVAL!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

TURN ME GREEN PLEASE GAZ :)))

Now keeping fingers and toes crossed for the Phillips family visa grant coming through too...

Big Thank you to Everybody though and Best of Luck to you All.... See you over there! :hug:

Guest Phillips family
.... So I rang DIAC.... Was a bit confused (as I often am) and I rang at 11:30pm thinking it was their 9am, but they were closed. I then discovered the PIO clocks were wrong so set my alarm to wake up at 12:30 and try again.

Then a guy answered, I explained my situation, and he said it has been very quiet lately as lots of staff off over the Easter break etc. and it should be any time soon that I hear anything.

As soon as the alarm went off i checked my emails and there is was. Sent at 2am (less than an hour after my call) VISA APPROVAL!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Now keeping fingers and toes crossed for the Phillips family visa grant coming through too...

Big Thank you to Everybody though and Best of Luck to you All.... See you over there! :hug:

Well done my lovely!!!!! Guess what !!not a visa but my meds were finalised today....Happy Birthday to Moi!!!lol!

Guest Phillips family

I CAN FINALLY SAY TURN ME GREEN GAZ & please can I have a wooo hooo !!!!!!

I cant quite believe it!!!

Thank you to all those who have kept me going - I cant believe how fed up I was at the start of the week & now this!!!

Thank you to Lauren - we have been keeping each other going messenging!!Can't wait to meet you & all the others.

Have a great weekend everyone ...champers is going in the fridge!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biglaugh:

Guest steffijones

CONGRATULATIONS!! To Trudie & family and Lauren & family on getting your visas! I bet your so relieved Trudie. We have now got our house up for sale so will see how that develops!!

Have either of you got any idea where your headed when you get there and idea of when you might go yet?

Guest Phillips family

Thank you Steff .....so relieved my OH could just not get how anxious I was getting over it!! SO lots of car boot sales now...I have in mind to go Oct/Nov time we are renting the house out (prices are ridiculous round here) so we need to save a bit more cash so we have a bit more on arrival...so as soon as house rented out we are going to live with in-laws for a couple months YIKES!!!!!my OH will start applying for jobs in the hope a relocation package may be included!!!!

Have a great weekend yrself I hope you get lots of interest in the house love T xxx

And you :)):wink:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Guest SusieOR
We had confirmation today of visa approved!!! please turn us green!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Lisa x

Nice One Lisa... Champagne time :jiggy:

Yaaaaay! So Happy for you Trudy (& the rest of the Phillips family) I had a feeling they were going to be picking up the pace on things again from my phone call the other night. Has it sunk in yet?? I have been a bit lost in the morning not needing to check my emails first thing... so I checked this morning anyway and was glad to see one from you instead. You won't forget this birthday will you!? Lol!

Also massive congrats to Lisa & Gareth. Wow yours was quick!! Well done!!

Steffi - we hope to be heading over August/September time. We have had our house up for sale since August but no luck selling it... nothing is moving up here. We are not sure where we will be heading when we get there, but will likely be somewhere near the beach. How about you?

Guest Phillips family
Yaaaaay! So Happy for you Trudy (& the rest of the Phillips family) I had a feeling they were going to be picking up the pace on things again from my phone call the other night. Has it sunk in yet?? I have been a bit lost in the morning not needing to check my emails first thing... so I checked this morning anyway and was glad to see one from you instead. You won't forget this birthday will you!? Lol!

Steffi - we hope to be heading over August/September time. We have had our house up for sale since August but no luck selling it... nothing is moving up here. We are not sure where we will be heading when we get there, but will likely be somewhere near the beach. How about you?

that was so weird you sent that e-mail saying "i got a feeeling" I opened that after the grant note & I was on the phone to Niki in Oz going that is sooo weird lauren has sent me a message blah blah...& you predicted MAy aswell didnt you!!BEst birthday ever I might even drag it out all weekend!!lol!

Guest steffijones
Thank you Steff .....so relieved my OH could just not get how anxious I was getting over it!! SO lots of car boot sales now...I have in mind to go Oct/Nov time we are renting the house out (prices are ridiculous round here) so we need to save a bit more cash so we have a bit more on arrival...so as soon as house rented out we are going to live with in-laws for a couple months YIKES!!!!!my OH will start applying for jobs in the hope a relocation package may be included!!!!

Have a great weekend yrself I hope you get lots of interest in the house love T xxx

I would love to go October as well but obviously for us it really does depend on selling the house! We have been looking at Port Noarlunga and around that area but will see when we get there! Hope you have a fantastic weekend of celebrating, we found it a bit odd because obviously for family and friends ( apart from Steph13 ) nobody else wants to join in the celebration! Keep in touch with your plans, can't wait to actually be able to all meet up over there!! Xx

Guest steffijones

We would love to go October but it really will depend on when we sell the house!! Aaarrgghh!! Think we are going to start looking at the Port Noarlunga area as that looks great, seems to have all we would need/want but it's hard to say until you actually get there isn't it, and look for jobs and schools etc, but I would definately prefer to be close to the beach!

Like you I am at a complete loose end every morning now as there is nothing to check on!! Have started replacing it with checking the answer machine when I get in from work to see if estate agents have phoned with a viewing!!! We'll all be completely nuts by the time we get there!!!! Keep in touch with your progress, will be great when we can all actually meet up over there!! Xx

Congratulations to all those with grants!!! Our medicals changed to met yesterday and they are now asking for OH's military stuff (sent it straight away!) fingers crossed we will have a visa next week!!!

Guest steph13

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that has had their Visa this week!!! Fab news!!!!

We are feeling completely P****d off!!!!! It's been a month since our Medicals and we are still waiting!!!! We went to Manchester for them and thought the Dr was fab, he was even showing my 2 girls how to upload their photos to the files!!! Ooooooopppps he says................... "I just put Lauren's photo on Meg's file!!!!! That's never happened before, but don't worry it'll be fine!!" So I went away thinking it would all be sorted quickly!!!!! No such luck, we are still waiting, the 3 of us have our Med's finalised, but Megs still isn't done!!!! We've made numerous phone calls to the Dr's and DIAC, but the latest I was told was that her file had been lost!!!!!!! I'm so fed up with it!!!! I spoke to the Dr's very rude secretary again on Friday and she said it had all been sent again on Thursday!!!!! So I'm really hoping it gets sorted this week!!!! It's even more gutting as our best friends Steffij are making the move with us and they have had their Visa!! And they have a bottle of Champers chilling for us all, so just want it all sorted now!!!!! Pretty please send us some luck this week!!!!!

We also have the small matter of selling our house.......... But that's another story!!!

Sorry if I've gone on a bit!!!

Steph xxx

Guest yorkspud

Steph 13

dont stress out to much people that are comming out to us have had everything OKed and still waiting after 6 weeks Meds recieved 23 march

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that has had their Visa this week!!! Fab news!!!!

We are feeling completely P****d off!!!!! It's been a month since our Medicals and we are still waiting!!!! We went to Manchester for them and thought the Dr was fab, he was even showing my 2 girls how to upload their photos to the files!!! Ooooooopppps he says................... "I just put Lauren's photo on Meg's file!!!!! That's never happened before, but don't worry it'll be fine!!" So I went away thinking it would all be sorted quickly!!!!! No such luck, we are still waiting, the 3 of us have our Med's finalised, but Megs still isn't done!!!! We've made numerous phone calls to the Dr's and DIAC, but the latest I was told was that her file had been lost!!!!!!! I'm so fed up with it!!!! I spoke to the Dr's very rude secretary again on Friday and she said it had all been sent again on Thursday!!!!! So I'm really hoping it gets sorted this week!!!! It's even more gutting as our best friends Steffij are making the move with us and they have had their Visa!! And they have a bottle of Champers chilling for us all, so just want it all sorted now!!!!! Pretty please send us some luck this week!!!!!

We also have the small matter of selling our house.......... But that's another story!!!

Sorry if I've gone on a bit!!!

Steph xxx

Hi

I had my medicals done on the 1st April in Manchester, and guess what am still waiting too.

Doing my head in ....:arghh:

Good luck next wk

I

Archived