South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats - ours was 2 1/2 weeks from lodging and only 10 days after they got the paperwork! Absolutely mad!! Now onto the next hurdle!

Hello there

I'm not sure if our papers have gone missing in the post as it has been over 2 weeks and my online application status hasn't changed. I'm just aware now that I won't be able to get them another set within the 30 day time limit. :arghh:

Did your status change when they received your paperwork???

Thanks

Hello there

I'm not sure if our papers have gone missing in the post as it has been over 2 weeks and my online application status hasn't changed. I'm just aware now that I won't be able to get them another set within the 30 day time limit. :arghh:

Did your status change when they received your paperwork???

Thanks

Yes it changes when they receive the paperwork (although technically they received ours Friday afternoon, but obviously all knocked off early, so was put as received on the Monday).

How did you send them? You can courier them over in a couple of days if that helps (and you can track them).

Yes it changes when they receive the paperwork (although technically they received ours Friday afternoon, but obviously all knocked off early, so was put as received on the Monday).

How did you send them? You can courier them over in a couple of days if that helps (and you can track them).

I just posted them via royal mail as I had sent something to my agent in Australia the week Before and that got there fine within about a week, I should have couriered it!!! The 30 days are up on Sat so there's no chance of them getting them now. One thing I did notice is that the address on the cover sheet is different from the address it tells you to post to on the SA website so i wonder if that has something to do with them going astray too.:wacko:

Thanks for your advice.

It's been 3 weeks since SA received my docs, quietly waiting to hear from them :o)

Name: Amy79

Date of Visa application:

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Project & Programme Admin

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 19th July 2011 (docs received 5th August)

Date of SMP Granted: Not Yet

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: Not Yet

It's been 3 weeks since SA received my docs, quietly waiting to hear from them :o)

Name: Amy79

Date of Visa application:

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Project & Programme Admin

Date of SMP Applications: 19th July 2011 (docs received 5th August)

Date of SMP Granted: Not Yet

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

Hi Amy,

What is the status of the application. If it's decision not made yet then it's usually few days before it's finalised

Hi Amy,

What is the status of the application. If it's decision not made yet then it's usually few days before it's finalised

It's just saying this at the moment..... so I think I may have at least a week to wait... no mention of "decision not yet made"

Application Completed & Submitted 19 Jul 2011

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office 05 Aug 2011

Guest LynseyB

Hi! Sorry to jump in but getting worried because ours has said that below for the last two weeks. Anyone the same or have any insights? I know I am probably just being impatient!

Online Application Completed & Submitted 27 Jul 2011

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office 01 Aug 2011

Application Decision Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application.

I think it has all slowed down a bit now tbh - it was moving so stupidly quickly, and now its just reverting more to normal I think (not nec. what it was of a few months for a decision, but just not 3 weeks end to end!).

As with every stage in the process, all you can do is sit tight and wait for it to come back really, sorry I can't be more helpful. (if it helps any, we are the same with the CO appointment timings for the 176 visa from DIAC stage)

Hi! Sorry to jump in but getting worried because ours has said that below for the last two weeks. Anyone the same or have any insights? I know I am probably just being impatient!

Online Application Completed & Submitted 27 Jul 2011

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office 01 Aug 2011

Application Decision Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application.

On the status page, you should see a new line "Application Decision" with a status "Decision not yet made". I would expect it to approved within a week after this status

Mine updated every week and after three weeks decision was made. Hang in there as their turn around is quicker than some other status

Name: Alice

Date of Visa application: March 17, 2011

Nationality: African

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Registered Nurse

Date of SMP Applications: Dec 7, 2010

Date of SMP Granted: Feb 22, 2011

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: Awaiting

Date visa granted:

Hi everyone:

It seems to me that it's taking too long to get a CO. Are there any new changes in the allocation process? some people seem to get it within just a month or so...Well may be I am just being too impatient. Good luck to you all!!

I submitted mine online on 13th and it still only says "Online Application Completed & Submitted 13 Aug 2011" I sent my docs on the 15th, surely they should have them by now but it doesnt say anything :(

I submitted mine online on 13th and it still only says "Online Application Completed & Submitted 13 Aug 2011" I sent my docs on the 15th, surely they should have them by now but it doesnt say anything :(

Document status does not update until you are assigned a CO. Once assigned, they will request for further info if required

Name: Alice

Date of Visa application: March 17, 2011

Nationality: African

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Registered Nurse

Date of SMP Applications: Dec 7, 2010

Date of SMP Granted: Feb 22, 2011

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: Awaiting

Date visa granted:

Hi everyone:

It seems to me that it's taking too long to get a CO. Are there any new changes in the allocation process? some people seem to get it within just a month or so...Well may be I am just being too impatient. Good luck to you all!!

They are assigning a CO pretty quick but it may depend on whether you are from HR or LR country.

Document status does not update until you are assigned a CO. Once assigned, they will request for further info if required

Hi mansuk, Im talking about the state sponsorship part :)

As soon as they received my documents it was updated to say 'Documents received' (well, on the monday as they got them on Friday afternoon). I would hazard a guess to say they have been lost - I've said it before I will say it again Royal Mail is NOT set up for posting internationally - use a courier to send any documents overseas including to Australia - it cost us less than £30 I believe and was there in about 4 days, was tracked the whole time so we knew exactly where it was and then the name of the person in SA that signed for it.

Interparcel.com is a good cheap way of getting courier stuff over there imho.

Royal Mail, absolute useless yet again. So I have only 10 days to get more documents to them, I paid something like £12 for them to lose my mail again. Effing useless, dont use royal mail people.

Archived