Perth Foreshore Sunday BBQ Meetup - 30th Jan

Guest yugoj

I posted this on another thread in the Western Australia section but thought it may be useful in here too.

I'm arranging a meetup for new people arriving in Perth:

Date: Sunday 30th Jan

Time: 3pm onwards

Location: South Perth Foreshore, Coode St end of Sir James Mitchell Park

The link here should show you the location on the map - we'll meet between the boatshed restaurant and the funcats 'hut' (the centre of the picture)

South Perth, Western Australia - Google Maps

There are a couple of BBQs in this area so maybe people could bring some meat and salad for an early evening BBQ? We'll bring along a cricket bat, some balls, frisbee etc so feel free to add to that should you wish!

Please rsvp so we know at least some people are going to turn up! We have a colourful fish windsock thingy so I'll try and put that up to identify us easily.

Thanks !

Jo and Seb

PS We'll def do another bbq a few weeks later so that those of you arriving early Feb can come and join us too.

Just bumping this up the list for newcomers who haven't seen this. It's this Sunday - 30th Jan.

Please let me know if you intend on coming along (so far we haven't had many responses).

Thanks!

Jo

Yep. We'll be there - from 3pm onwards. Cyclone permitting though!

I'm bringing a group of friends too so that if no-one turns up from PIO I won't be there billy no mates!

I'll PM you more details and, if we don't meet on Sunday, hopefully we can meet another time soon instead.

Thanks,

Jo

Guest Fiona and Marc

Hi Jo and Seb

We've just noticed this post, we'll pop down to join you tomorrow. We've only been here a couple of months, looking forward to meeting new people now that we've settled in.

Can you let us know if it ends up being cancelled?!

Thanks

Fiona and Marc

Excellent !

If you (and anyone else who is planning on turning up) could PM me your email and/or mobile number then I'll let you all know about midday if we are going to cancel. Should be fine - a bit of wind won't stop us going out. But if the cyclone gets a bit close and it turns stormy and rainy then we may have to change the plan.

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people. :-)

Good news - the Cyclone warning has been cancelled. :jiggy:

So we will definately be there from 3pm onwards. As I said, we may set up a game of cricket (aussies v. poms???) and other outdoor games before the BBQ so please bring along any gear you may have.

..... Or we can just sit and chat and get to know each other. :biggrin:

I've given most people who are coming my phone no. but look out for the fish wind sock and PM me if you intend on coming and would like to swap no.s in case you can't find us.

Looking forward to meeting lots more new people at one of the best spots in Perth.

:biggrin:

Archived