Things to do and how to meet people with two young children

Hi Im moving to Sydney next week with my husband as he has a years secondment working in NSW. We are initially living in Chatswood for a month while looking for somewhere to live, probably around the Northern beaches area. Although im looking forward to this move im really nervous as i have two children (2 1/2 yrs and 8 wks) and im worried i will feel isolated being by myself with just the kids. i would love to know if anyone has any suggestions for meeting people who are in a similar boat, or knows of any groups in the area to take the kids to and meet others at the same time. Liz

Hi Liz,

We're in a similar position although a bit behind on the child front with a 16 month old and a second due in May. I'm working in Chatswood and we're living here for the next couple of weeks courtesy of my company until we find our own place. My wife is working on researching the same thing so maybe you could meet up and share your findings?

Chris

Guest colodie

Hi, a good way to find Mum and baby/toddler groups is through playgroups Home, there shoud be a few groups operating in the Chatswood area or where ever you end up living, though they usually run according to the school terms, so wont start back till February I imagine. It is rather isolating moving with young kids, we made the move last August with our 2 kids (who are now nearly 4 and 2), I think the trick is to force yourself to get out their and meet others, which is easier said than done when you have a million things to do and organise after emigrating. Im in Beecroft in the northern suburbs, not too far from Chatswood so know it a little but not well - but if you have any questions, Ill try to give them an answer!

Hi Liz,

We're in a similar position although a bit behind on the child front with a 16 month old and a second due in May. I'm working in Chatswood and we're living here for the next couple of weeks courtesy of my company until we find our own place. My wife is working on researching the same thing so maybe you could meet up and share your findings?

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the message we are due to arrive in Chatswood at the end of this month. It would be lovely to meet up with your wife and meet people in a similar position to me and my husband. If she wants to message me to arrange it some time that would be great. Liz

Guest sunnygirl

Hi

We are due to arrive in Sydney, in the north shore area in march and would love to meet other mum's and families in a similar position. With 2 boys 3 1/2 & 7 months I'm not sure when/if I will be starting work and really want to try to settle myself and the children as quickly as possible. I think the best way to do that is to meet people and make friends! Hopefully that way I won't feel quite so far away from home.

Will be posting again when we get there & sorted and hope to maybe meet up then.

Hope your move goes well.

Alison

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunnygirl

Hi liz

Congrats on making the move and getting there safe & sound hope you and your family are enjoying it so far. 3 weeks to departure for us and getting excited now. Will be in touch when we arrive & get sorted hope you find somewhere in the northern beaches soon :-)

Alison

:biggrin:

Archived