CV help please

swifty99

Hello everyone. Hoping somebody can help me. My better half is an oz and we have just about got my spouse visa and I am attempting to re do my cv ready for job hunting in oz. Now I know you have to extend the cv explaining everything I have done, unlike uk cvs, but what I am needing to know is regarding my qualifications. Shall I just right them as the english qualification for example btec national in engineering or do I need to change them. If so how do I go about changing them to oz equievalant etc

Thanks for help in advance and any tips regarding CVs would be great.

Matt

Hi, we listed all OH's abilities (bullet point) on front page under his basic details. Entered his employment history on next page along with qualification. His Vetassess qualification was first and we attched certificate with CV, then put reference names and addresses. Ley x

Guest Guest31881

When you do an Aussie CV enclose a covering letter explaining what he has done and experience. I find Australian employers look at the covering letter and decide from that if it is worth reading the CV. Put all qualifications down in their UK format. if you have Australian trade recognition certificates include those.

Hello everyone. Hoping somebody can help me. My better half is an oz and we have just about got my spouse visa and I am attempting to re do my cv ready for job hunting in oz. Now I know you have to extend the cv explaining everything I have done, unlike uk cvs, but what I am needing to know is regarding my qualifications. Shall I just right them as the english qualification for example btec national in engineering or do I need to change them. If so how do I go about changing them to oz equievalant etc

Matt

If you send me an email I will forward you an article I've just had published on writing an Aussie styled CV. The article came out in the British migration magazine 'Australia & New Zealand' recently but I've not had a chance yet to upload it onto my company's website. My email address should come up when you click on my user name.

You should give your qualifications using the British terminology but explain their equivalent in your cover letter. A job application cover letter is extremely important in any country, not just Australia. There are entire books devoted just to that subject. The cover letter is your chance to highlight a few of your best skills and to try and connect with the reader, whilst at the same time referring them to salient points in your CV.

Sandra

Matt

If you tell me how to attach a file to a post or a private message, I'll send you my cv, which was done for me by the HR person at my office!

Cheers

Ken

Archived