Did anyone try lodging a 176 while their 175 has already been lodged?

Guest mpogr

Hi all,

I'm a recent (Aug 2010) 175 applicant patiently waiting in Cat 3. Being a bit impatient nevertheless, I applied for VIC SS under the new SMP and got a positive outcome last week.

Now, according to the new DIAC rules, I have to lodge a new application, because my 175 has been lodged after Jul 1st 2010. The problem is that the DIAC electronic visa system doesn't allow me to do so! I've spoken with an operator at Adelade processing centre this morning, and she told me that I might need to lodge a paper application because of this.

Did anyone lodge a new 176 application while having his/her 175 already lodged? What was your experience with this?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm a recent (Aug 2010) 175 applicant patiently waiting in Cat 3. Being a bit impatient nevertheless, I applied for VIC SS under the new SMP and got a positive outcome last week.

Now, according to the new DIAC rules, I have to lodge a new application, because my 175 has been lodged after Jul 1st 2010. The problem is that the DIAC electronic visa system doesn't allow me to do so! I've spoken with an operator at Adelade processing centre this morning, and she told me that I might need to lodge a paper application because of this.

Did anyone lodge a new 176 application while having his/her 175 already lodged? What was your experience with this?

Thanks!

you cannot lodge in 2 of the same visa categories electronically

175 and 176 are VE applications. 885 and 886 are VB ones.

You could have an onshore and offshore application lodged in at the same time but you can't have 2 offshore or 2 onshore online applications in the system.

It's quite annoying as it only seems to be a technical issue with their system, perhaps the system was not made to handle it or something like that. I can't think of anything else.

You will have to submit a paper 176 application.

Just received a call from DIAC IT department in Canberra... Yes, if you have an outstanding online application of ANY KIND, you can't lodge another online application, it must be a paper based one.

How silly:mad::mad:

Just received a call from DIAC IT department in Canberra... Yes, if you have an outstanding online application of ANY KIND, you can't lodge another online application, it must be a paper based one.

How silly:mad::mad:

That's not true ... it only relates to online applications of the same kind.

E.g the 885 and 886 applications are VB

175 and 176 are VE

So you can only have one from each subclass group, e.g. one 885 and one 176 lodged online. You can still put through a paper application if you like.

Well, I can't apply for a 885 or 886 anyway, but I was considering applying for 856 (ENS Onshore), and the guy I spoke with told me I won't be able to do this online either. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about, though:laugh:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Dear,

i have the same case...i have lodged my second application taking SA SS by paper application.

my first application is; 176Relative Sponsor-Aug-2010(online)

2nd Application is: 176-SA SS-Dec-2010(Paper Based)

So don't worry u have to lodge Second Application via paper only.

Regards

Joy:radar:

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

I have a similar situation, I have submitted a 175 two weeks back and unfortunately I wasn't well aware of 176 Cat 2 stuff....

Now should i apply for state sponsorship simultaneously or something...

And please advise, that when you submit a parallel application like you are saying

paper based while e-application is in process, do we pay another application fees for that....???

Guest mirob
paper based while e-application is in process, do we pay another application fees for that....???

Yeah, of course you pay the fees again. It's another application for a different visa subclass.

You'll have to get your state sponsorship granted first, so perhaps work on it first to see if you're eligible.

@Mirob

Thanks buddy for your quick response....

Well, i read on some thread (can't recall)....that If for instance someone like me

gets a state sponsorship, then (s)he could request DIAC or the CO to transfer the application to 176 from 175...

Is that true? If so...this shouldn't result in additional fee being paid?isn't it?

:( Cant afford to pay another fee ...at all...so i made a mistake by hurrying for 175....i guess..cz time does matter to me....

Thanks

Guest mirob
@Mirob

Well, i read on some thread (can't recall)....that If for instance someone like me

gets a state sponsorship, then (s)he could request DIAC or the CO to transfer the application to 176 from 175...

Is that true? If so...this shouldn't result in additional fee being paid?isn't it?

:( Cant afford to pay another fee ...at all...so i made a mistake by hurrying for 175....i guess..cz time does matter to me....

Thanks

Yeah that's true but only applications lodged prior to July 1st 2010 can be converted.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do.

As you've just lodged your application, I'd suggest contacting DIAC to ask them if there is an option to withdraw the application and refund the fee. No one has looked at it yet, so they might be able to do that.

@Mirob

Thanks

Hi there,

It was the case with those who applied before 1July 2010. Those who applied after that date can no longer do it. Thus, have to pay new application fee.

Regards,

MOTO

• 9 months later...

Suppose if I apply 176 (paper) after applying 175 online, and if my 176 visa is granted. What will happen for 175 application? will CO assigned for 175? and what would be the decision of CO on 175? would he approve it thus voiding already granted 176?

Thanks

Archived