Young couples with kids on the gold coast?

Guest kismit

Are there any young families on the gold coast? We are northern end and looking to meet up with other 30ish couples with children, who understand how difficult it is to organise a babysitter etc...

Guest moleandmel

Hi we are currently living on the gold coast, we are down at tugun by the airport. Always looking to meet new friends, especially with children. We have a daughter age 8 and a son nearly 2 and one on the way due in April. Let us know if you fancy meeting up one weekend.

Mel and mark

Hi, we have recently moved to the gold coast from kildare with our 2 children 6 and 7. Would certainly be interested in chatting. Living in Clear Island Waters

hi,

Linda here, it would be great to meet up, It is hard to believe there is so few irish here. We are only here since the end of November.

We are living in Clear Island Waters, where are yu living?

Guest wendy and neil

HI all

I have a friend who lives four doors down who is struggling to meet people with young children! She has a boy who is 4, girl who is nearly 3 and a baby who is 7 months old! She is always moaning she wants to meet new people but is too shy to come on ere so I am doing it for her! So if anyone wants to meet up she will definatley be there! We live in Varsity lakes but she does drive!

Thanks

Wendy

:wubclub:

Hope Island. Currently working in Oxenford. We are 31 and 30 with kids 8, 3, and 1. Need to get our social life back on track.....

Have you been here long?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yorkshire girl35

hey all you guys who are living in Gold coast, Im interested in some info on the areas, we were all set on Melbourne but the house prices (along with the old fashioned houses)are mental! what are the house prices like up there, we have 3 girls-12,6 &2 so need an area with good schools & plenty of activities, any advice welcome-dont know anything about the area x

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

Hi, we are in Runaway Bay on the Gold coast, we are 33 and 34 and have two children, our daughter is nearly 4 and our son 10mths, we came over from Colchester, Essex in October. We have been so busy setting up home and now we really want to start meeting new people. Would love to catch up with you. xx

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

If your all interested maybe we can organise a get together one weekend. Paradise Point has swimming, bbq and play park facilities so great for the kids. xx

Hi, we are in Runaway Bay on the Gold coast, we are 33 and 34 and have two children, our daughter is nearly 4 and our son 10mths, we came over from Colchester, Essex in October. We have been so busy setting up home and now we really want to start meeting new people. Would love to catch up with you. xx

Hi there

We used to live in Runaway bay. Its gorgeous! Have you managed to find any babysitters yet? If yes - we could arrange to meet at the dublin docks or somewhere else local for a few beers, or if not, we could meet with the kids at paradise point?

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

Yep we have my parents here! My parents emigrated nearly 40yrs ago from the U.K and I was born here. I went to the U.K in 97 and met my husband and have lived there ever since, well until now. We wanted to settle back here before our kids started school. So we have the grandparents to babysit luckily. Would love to meet up when's good for you guys?

Gemma xx

Guest paula neilens

hi, we have just moved to the gold coast currently living north end of palm beach, we have 2 children girl 6 and boy 3 would love to get together with other brits.

paula and tim:biggrin:

HI.

I am living here in the Gold Coast for 3 month so not anle to give a huge amt of advice. We are living in Clear Island Waters at the moment (renting). The area is lovely and really central to everything. My kids are 6 and 7 and have started school in St Vincents and are really happy there.

Hope it might help

Guest paula neilens

Glad your kids have settled well at school, ours is at Miami primary and seems to be enjoying it so far. If you are interested in a get together with the kids one weekend let us know,

Guest paula neilens

Glad your kids have settled well at school ours is at Miami primary and seems to be enjoying it so far, if you are interested in a get together one weekend with the kids let us know

Guest jjj1234

Hi all

Myself, wife and 2 young daughters (+another little girl on the way) are thinking about relocating to the gold coast and just wanted to know what you guys thought of your experiences there so far e.g cost of living, Mosquitos/insects, lifestyle, people, weather etc. We are currently living in Sydney and like it but have to live about an hours commute away from The CBD to get the bigger house but would rather be a short drive away from the water or beach hence the attraction to the Gold Coast.

i've heard a lot of good review but would love to know from Brits first hand.

Cheers

John (36 from Chelmsford)

Guest lindam

hi JJJ.

We moved from Ireland to the Gold Coast in November. So far so good the family are all enjoying it. At the monemt we are renting in a comples which has a fab pool(loved by the kids). It is a 5 min drive to the beach and less than that to the shops, also can walk the kids to school which is great. We find the rent is quiet expensive here but the further in you go the less you seem to pay.

The weather is hot, that is comming from Ireland in Sydney you will also be used to the weather.The inscets are not bad at all I was expecting much more than seen to date.

I don't work in the cbd so I can't help there.

The Gold Coast is great and there is always something happening

Guest jjj1234

Thanks for the reply lindam,

Do you think you are not experiencing mossies etc because you are not on the waterfront? I heard a few people mention it can be worse there? It does sound very appealing a move and you have confirmed that it's a good place to live. I would commute to the city on a motorbike so hopefully a 45 mins commute should be possible all the time.

If anyone else can let us know what it's like it's all welcome advice.

Cheers

John

Guest paula neilens

hi there, we live right on the beach front at ground level on the gold coast, havnt seen any mossies yet, only a few ant bites, we do see alot of lizards but they are harmless. the weather here is great very hot at the moment and winters are around 18-20 in the day,we are always at the beach, there are alot of things to do here which are all free.We have 2 kids and our weekends are always full going to different beaches and parks. The rent here i think is quite expensive but proberly not compared to sydney prices, we have a large 3 bed 2 bathroom unit fully furnished with doors that open onto the beach and we pay $500 a week, our family of 4 food shop is around $220 a week. hope this helps!!

Guest jjj1234

Thanks for the advice. It does sound very inviting. I would love one of the waterfront properties as the idea of having your own jetty is very inviting. We are gonna spend a week up there soon to have a good look round and check out the whole area. I would need to commute to Brisbane as I work in IT but I have a motorbike so hopefully it should cut down the time to get there.

So the mossy issue doesn't sound that bad then, the only other thing that slightly concerns me is the flooding situation but the recent floods didn't seem to affect the gold coast from what I hear?

Guest aussiegemandpauluk

We would love to meet up with you guys, how long have you been out here? Your other half doesn't play golf at all do they? My husband is desperate for a round. Was wondering wether it was worth posting about a night out on here to see if anyone else was interested in joining us. What do you think?

Gemma & Paul xx

Are there any young families on the gold coast? We are northern end and looking to meet up with other 30ish couples with children, who understand how difficult it is to organise a babysitter etc...

Hi, we have recently moved to the gold coast from kildare with our 2 children 6 and 7. Would certainly be interested in chatting. Living in Clear Island Waters

Hi there

We used to live in Runaway bay. Its gorgeous! Have you managed to find any babysitters yet? If yes - we could arrange to meet at the dublin docks or somewhere else local for a few beers, or if not, we could meet with the kids at paradise point?

• 3 weeks later...
HI.

I am living here in the Gold Coast for 3 month so not anle to give a huge amt of advice. We are living in Clear Island Waters at the moment (renting). The area is lovely and really central to everything. My kids are 6 and 7 and have started school in St Vincents and are really happy there.

Hope it might help

Hi Lindam,

Was looking through some of the GC threads and came across yours. I am waiting for my spouse visa to be processed, and we will be heading to the GC once it is granted, where my husband's family is. I have my daughter down on the list for St Vincents and wonder what you thought of it? She is going to be 8 in May, so will start in Y3. I really like what I see of the school on the website and my husband was impressed when he visited. We also have her name down for Guardian Angels, where her cousin is.

How do you like living in Clear Island Waters and did you manage to meet up with any other expats yet? I'm really hoping to make lots of friends when I get out there, so starting early!

Thanks

Jo

Archived