Brisbane Bayside College, Wynnun

Guest joannemhoughton

Guest joannemhoughton

Hi

Is there anyone out there who has kids going to Brisbane Bayside College in Wynnum?

If so could you let me know what you think of it? I have a daughter who will be moving onto high school and really don't know where to stary.

Thanks Jo

Guest nixster

Hi

I currently live in Wynnum and my son goes to Wynnum high which is awful to be honest. I have looked into moving him to Bayside brisbane but we live just out of the catchment area. I live in wynnum central on the eplanade. However after speaking to other parents regarding bayside college im so glad im not sending him. The reputation for drugs, bullying, truancy and bad academic achieving is atrocius. However this is not my own opinion it is others. I do know that children that get expelled from other state highs in the area, as long as thir residential address is in the catchment area they get accepted. Make of that what you will. We are now pulling up sticks after 8 months of boredom here and are moving to caloundra sunny coast. The school reputations there are fantastic. We will see.Im just sooo excited to be finallyl eaving the brisbane area to be honest.

Good luck in whatever you decide and i do hope that i have been helpful even a little.

Guest Mistibelle

I think quite a few people send their children to Wellington Point High State High School which has a good reputation, it's an easy train trip from Wynnum and Manly areas.

I have also heard that the Wynnum area high schools aren't great....and yet it's s decent area to live with a real family atmosphere. I think there is probably a mix of what used to be cheap housing, alongside the newer, very expensive properties. Maybe those moving into these sorts of properties are sending their kids to private schools?

Love

Rudi

x

Guest nixster

i think Rudi that you could well be right. I know of a few parents that also send there kids to Carindale high which is supposed to be good.

Maybe its me but we have never found the great family atmostphere here in Wynnum. Maybe its where we chose to live, were near the esplanade, but the neighbours dont talk and theres not many families about. There is lots to do for my 3 year old but hardly anything for the older teens. The last 8 months have been so dull its unbelievable. Never mind were off to the coast soon.:biggrin:

Archived