Where in Sydney should we AVOID living

melaniecharlton

Guest Unha99Y

I can't believe how immigrants in this thread are bagging other immigrants in this thread, disgusting

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys,

I started this thread and everyone has been so very helpful to us in making a decision. My hubby eventually found us a house in Berowra. We move this weekend. Exciting! The house is $550 pw and is good value compared to the houses in Pennant hills etc which are all boxes for that price.

Thanks again everyone

Much appreciated,

see you in Oz

Glad you have found somewhere suitable - happy 'movings' - and the sun is back out too! :jiggy:

Guest Dave53
You are right it is disgusting.... The only ones allowed to bag immigrants are Aussie citizens.... it is our country after all.

It doesn't matter whether you are an Aussie citizen or not , bagging any person on the basis of race alone is being racist .. Aussie citizens are not allowed to bag immigrants , whether they like it or not ,and lets not forget , most Aussie citizens somewhere down the line are indeed immigrants themselves .

Dave C

It doesn't matter whether you are an Aussie citizen or not , bagging any person on the basis of race alone is being racist .. Aussie citizens are not allowed to bag immigrants , whether they like it or not ,and lets not forget , most Aussie citizens somewhere down the line are indeed immigrants themselves .

Dave C

Well there was a bit of Tongue-in-cheek sarcasm in my post, unfortunately with tapatalk in the iPhone I don't have smilies so it might not have been apparent.

I agree with you that most Aussie Citizens were once immigrants themselves but they are now Aussie citizens which is different than Permanent residents, really I was not condemning or condoning racism but was making the point that a Citizen has the right do in their country what ever they want ....where as PR as a mere guest can't.

Imagine someone from another European country like Poland coming to England and telling an Englishman how to behave in England.

Guest Dave53

Yes I see your point now ... I think I got my lines crossed a little there. I certainly didn't see the "tongue in cheek " style of comment . I have to say that after being subjected to rampant racism shortly after arrival here in Australia it has soured my attitude somewhat to racism in general . I was not prepared for the degree of racism that I received , and it always touches a raw nerve with me .

I do get your point about foreign nationals trying to tell the "natives" how to behave , although , that is quite common too in Australia , and generates the same level of criticism .

Thanks for your reply , I'm sure we are on the same wavelength..

Dave C

Yes I see your point now ... I think I got my lines crossed a little there. I certainly didn't see the "tongue in cheek " style of comment . I have to say that after being subjected to rampant racism shortly after arrival here in Australia it has soured my attitude somewhat to racism in general . I was not prepared for the degree of racism that I received , and it always touches a raw nerve with me .

I do get your point about foreign nationals trying to tell the "natives" how to behave , although , that is quite common too in Australia , and generates the same level of criticism .

Thanks for your reply , I'm sure we are on the same wavelength..

Dave C

Yeah Dave I agree with what you are saying, someone just threw the word Racism into this thread because some areas are not so pleasant to live in and these tend to be more multicultural.

I think the word 'Racism' is used too loosely, realism would be a better word.

Guest EmmaLouisee

Do NOT move around the lakemba-bankstown, auburn-guildford area. I live in Bankstown, and I recieve negative looks because im not covered from head to toe. I have nothing agaisnt other nationalities or religions, but I am entitled to my own views/morals right!?

I would advise to move sutherland shire!

Archived