Help needed with a truly british present

swifty99

Hi all,

Need your help, in a few months we will be making the big move down under to melbourne, luckily i have alot of family out there all aussy born and bred and never seen Britain.

When we get there we will be staying with my sister and brother in law and i want to take them a few presents to say thank you for all their help, but i want them to be things that are truly british things, things you maybe can't get out there or that show something about

britain, so i am looking for your ideas please

thanks

Laura

:wink:

Guest Guest16631

here's a way to get the ball rolling ,for all you poms in oz what would you like from the uk that would remind you of home ,and all the poms in uk what would you bring with you to remind you of home ?........................me it would be a stick of real black pool rock............:laugh:

Guest Guest16631

a home movie of the area you are moving from,the local markets ,your old neighbour hood ,family and friends having a pint and a packet of walkers cheese and onion crisps at the local pub!!!!!!!!!!

Guest PocketMamma

Tea - from what I've tried so far the tea you get in the supermarkets is rubbish (unless you like it weak and flavourless).

Love the home movie idea - wish I'd done that before I left!

I too love the movie, blackpool rock, yorkshire tea ideas... add kendal mint cake, thorntons toffee, daddies brown sauce and colemans mint sauce. How about making up a small hamper..... don't forget you'll need to declare food items in your luggage....and pop them into a Harrods Tote shopping bag.

Archived