VISA issues please help!

Nick UK

Hi, I am 33 and interested in emigrating to South Australia in the future. I have been an estate agent for last 8 years currently holding a senior position at a major company. However, I do not have a degree or diploma so a number of VISAs are simply not an option. 457 doesn't have Real Estate Representative (REP) so that's out. ENSOL doesn't have REP listed so no luck there. I fail the points test for the points based ones although when the new points test comes (expected pass mark 65) I do actually pass as long as I score 8 in IELTS but VETASSESS will fail me on not having a Diploma. I believe I can find an employer to sponsor me so the Regional Sponsored might work BUT VETASSESS will fail me as I don't hold a Diploma. So, 176 and 475 are a problem due to VETASSESS. I hoped the RSMS might be an option as you can apply for an exemption under the 'skills' element which is perfect for me EXCEPT 'sales' jobs don't qualify for any exceptional circumstances!! I find it bizarre that if I had a Diploma in beekeeping I'd be fine! But that's the way it is so end of. Therefore, I looked at perhaps the Business Owner categories and after watching one of the Wanted Down Under or similiar program where a couple who had never run a business before were contemplating buying an established business. However, the 'Business Owner' VISAs on DOIC website state one needs to have had experience running a business already with a certain annual turnover over the last X years? This has left me a little confused. Is it possible to purchase an established business in South Australia when one has never run a business before and have a pathway to residency? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. Nick

I would not pay too much attention to Wanted Down Under, it is light entertainment and I enjoy watching it too, but I often sit there pointing out flaws in the immigration rules as they quote them. A business visa requires a substantial track record of running a business, it is not a case of buying into something.

Regarding the rest of your post, is Real Estate Agent actually on the occupation lists? If so which one? if it is not on a list then points and diplomas are all irrelevant anyway. Can you confirm which list you have seen it on and hence which option you are thinking of.

Hi, thanks for your reply which is as I suspected re business owner.

Yes, Real Estate Representative (formerly Salesperson) is listed in State list for SA although not for the current year as the quota has been reached. It is also present on the SOL schedule 4 which applies to Regional Sponsored VISA classes such as 176 and 475. So the obstacle for me is the VETASSESS issue. My lack of a Diploma in anything regardless of the subject is a problem.

Archived