Moving to Perth, 29 and still like to party. Any like-minded ppl there?!

Guest ltontour

Guest ltontour

Hey all,

I'm moving to Perth end of March from Glasgow, will prob be living around Armadale although have 2 weeks in rental accommodation first and then decide where to stay. Looking to meet new friends who like pubbing, bbq's, shopping etc. I'm moving on my own initially for the first 6 months and my partner will hopefully be joining me towards Oct/Nov so very daunted by it all! Excited but nervous about new job/new life etc! Has anyone else been in a similiar boat and can offer some words of wisdom?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa xxx

Hey Lisa,

How you going? I live not far from Perth...well about an hours drive...Have been partyin in Perth for the last 6mths, any chance I can get and am there..lol...there are some fab pubs in perth.....

Drop me a line if ya wanna chat...any advice...or just a partying buddy...lol..

Take care chick and hope to hear from you soon...Tracy xox

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sleepless in Subi

Im moving out early April for 6 months so would be up for exploring the area with you. (My hubby will only be able to visit a couple of times so pretty much on my own)

Hey Lisa,

I don't leave too far from Armadale on the same train line from the city too!! I'm always game for barbies down at the beach, shopping and more than anything going out :)

Hope you have a safe flight and hopefully speak soon

Kirsty xx

I will be living in the north suburbs to begin with when we arrive early june ... partner working away for 2 weeks at a time so will be alone... always up for a laugh and i will be living near beach so bomus for bbqs :) give me a knock when you like I will be wanting to make friends too

good luck and safe journey ... am sure its easier than we think x

Hey all,

I'm moving to Perth end of March from Glasgow, will prob be living around Armadale although have 2 weeks in rental accommodation first and then decide where to stay. Looking to meet new friends who like pubbing, bbq's, shopping etc. I'm moving on my own initially for the first 6 months and my partner will hopefully be joining me towards Oct/Nov so very daunted by it all! Excited but nervous about new job/new life etc! Has anyone else been in a similiar boat and can offer some words of wisdom?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa xxx

Let me know how the nightlife is when you get there as I will be hopefully heading over to Perth early 2012 and us Glaswegians need a good pub or two!! :wink:

Guest mandi1971

Count me in if we ever get there :biggrin:

One thing i will miss is the Newcastle night life and shopping so anyone that has the same 'hobbies', keep in touch

Mandi x

Count me in if we ever get there :biggrin:

One thing i will miss is the Newcastle night life and shopping so anyone that has the same 'hobbies', keep in touch

Mandi x

I hear the shopping in perth is excellent and pubs too :biggrin:

I am on the move so would love to meet some of you guys in perth that would be so cool and we could swap stories over a few tinnies ( ozzie speak ) check me out am like a local before I even land. ha ha ha ha

seriously will need some new pals :laugh:

You'll be talking pure aussie lingo in no time once ya here!! I'm in need of a shopping partner and drinking partner!! I've only met people in couple so the lasses rarely want to come out and party!! When you gettin here?!

xx

You'll be talking pure aussie lingo in no time once ya here!! I'm in need of a shopping partner and drinking partner!! I've only met people in couple so the lasses rarely want to come out and party!! When you gettin here?!

xx

Should be there end of may so will keep you posted and send you my mail address ... always always up for drinkies and fun and will have time on my hands :biggrin:

Where are you living again ..?

Guest sepollcas

Hi, Lisa!

Just read you post and decided to drop a line.

I`ve been living in Perth for 8 months. I moved here to pursue my PhD and I am looking to meet new people to hang out, have fun, go to the beach, shopping,...

I live in South Perth and I like to chill out sometimes, on a bar, pub and go dancing!

But I also like a calm and lazy day at the beach or at the park.

Hope to hear from you,

S.

Thats great news Lisa!!!

S, where bouts you living?? I hate having time on my hands and no one to go out and do stuff with!! I live SOR but moving further south once my bro's house is finsihed!! But that wont stop me from goin out in Northbridge every now and then!! x

Guest Scotgirl

Hiya! I just wrote you a message and then lost my internet connection, typical!! Feel free to PM me, from Glasgow too.xx

Guest Fiona and Marc

Hi Lisa (and everyone else on this thread!)

You must be almost here by now - I can remember the feeling of nerves and excitement, can't believe it was 6 months ago when we got here, feels like 5 minutes!

I'm 30, a geordie and always up for partying (even though Marc says I'm too old - he's boring and won't come clubbing with me!), let me know when you're settled in and ready for drinks, shopping, any type of fun stuff x :biggrin:

Guest Scotgirl
who you talking to scot girl ??? lol

Hiya, fair point!! Message was intended for the original poster, finally worked out how to PM so all ok.x

Guest Scotgirl
Cool hope u enjoy perth .... give us a shout if u wanna meet up around june time if ur there x :biggrin:

Sure, I will do that. Looking at being out there sometime in nxt 4 wks. Will u b arriving in june then? will b in touch Lx

Sure, I will do that. Looking at being out there sometime in nxt 4 wks. Will u b arriving in june then? will b in touch Lx

All being well the agent is saying the visas they organize are usually threw in 4/6 weeks so once there done - ( sponsored 457 ) that's it the company book the flights and organize temp accommodation until we get rented ourselves ! We think it will be around the end of june but have to make sure the pets are booked first as we are still waiting for import certificates and then pet company can book them in and book there flights. So excited but full of nerves. Will pm with my hotmail account and we can stay intouch.... where you going to stay in perth ? We are to start with staying in ocean reef and then looking at renting a house possibly in fremantle :)

Archived