Police conviction

redrobbersdog

Hi guys, a quick question(I hope)

I filled in all the 176 application forms and submitted. All is well and we now have a co we have done our medicals and our police checks are now on their way to diac.

However I have found out tonight from my mother in law in general conversation that hubby has a previous conviction but served no time for it about 20 years ago. Hubby has never mentioned it to me before and as I have filled all the forms in I never put on that there was any convictions. I'm worried now that it will show up on the pcc and how that now looks on our application.

Any suggestions on what to do or other peoples experiences would be appreciated. :(

Thanks

Dawn

Hi guys, a quick question(I hope)

I filled in all the 176 application forms and submitted. All is well and we now have a co we have done our medicals and our police checks are now on their way to diac.

However I have found out tonight from my mother in law in general conversation that hubby has a previous conviction but served no time for it about 20 years ago. Hubby has never mentioned it to me before and as I have filled all the forms in I never put on that there was any convictions. I'm worried now that it will show up on the pcc and how that now looks on our application.

Any suggestions on what to do or other peoples experiences would be appreciated. :(

Thanks

Dawn

Consult an experienced registered migration agent without delay.

What did it say on your husband's police certificate? If it said "NO TRACE" then as far as the UK police are concerned he doesn't have any conviction.

Westly, what do you get from copy and pasting the same reply over and over again?

Thanks peach I dont know what the police check said as I got them to send them direct to diac as I really didn't think anything other than clear because I had no reason to and didn't feel that I needed a copy! Bloody men! :) all I know is that the pcc's (both mine and hubbys) literally took a day from receiving the request to sending them out via post to diac with the special delivery. I don't know whether it takes longer if there is anything on them to send them out.

I might be worrying about nothing and in all honesty I'm not sure at this point that I can do anything about it anyway other than wait for diac to get in touch.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Dawn x

If the offense was serious enough that your husband got a criminal record - it will have most likely appeared on the PCC. The official route is to fill out form 1023 (notification of incorrect answers : www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1023.pdf) and explain the situation as open and honestly as you can.

Westly gave some good advice, you might want to consider getting professional help.. This could put your visa at risk.

What did it say on your husband's police certificate? If it said "NO TRACE" then as far as the UK police are concerned he doesn't have any conviction.

Westly, what do you get from copy and pasting the same reply over and over again?

I have never copied and pasted.

No actual convictions show on the PCC (unless they're recent) - it either says "NO TRACE" (No criminal record) "NO LIVE TRACE" (old criminal record) or a list of recent convictions. I had "No Live trace" on mine from community service I did as a teenager, 19 years ago.

You could pay another 70 quid (for priority service) and buy another copy of the certificate which would let you know one way or the other.

:notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks peach, I understand better now what diac will receive so basically it will probably show as NO LIVE TRACE and I assume that diac will want to know what it is and why we didn't put it on our original application.

I've spoken to my hubby now and basically it was a stupid mistake made when he was a teenager and although he was convicted and fined there was no prison sentence, he never mentioned it because it was so long ago and so insignificant he never had the need to tell me and it never has come up before. Doesn't help in trying to explain that to diac when they want to know why.

:frown:

Archived