Honest reviews on Malaysia Airline Please

swifty99

Hello all due to fly out to Melbourne on may 26th with malaysia airline which as far as i had seen on skytrax have a 5 star rating so felt reasonably happy with, however after having a little search around i keep reading bad reviews which is now worrying me a little as we have a 3 year old daughter flying for the first time with us.

so really looking for anyones honest review on flying with them

Many thanks

Hi there....

My son flew to CHina with them last year and when he got home he said they were the best ailrine he had flown with and he has travelled all over the world and lets ot mention he is a right fusspot...have also heard good things about them so don't worry am sure it will be fine!

All the best,

Nikci

We flew home to Scotland with them last year! Super flight and with flight attendants that couldnt do enough for you! I would fly with them again tomorrow. good luck tess xxx

Phew.

We are booking flights from Shanghai to Adelaide (Via Kuala Lumpur) with these. I am trying to find out if they will grant us Migrant baggage allowance. I spoke with their London office and they said, if we were flying with them from London we would get 40Kgs each, but as i am flying from China i must contact them direct. There is no email, only a phone number, so not able to call them, plus my Cantonese is none existant so i guess using a phone to call China would be a very bad idea.

Guest siamsusie
Thank you guys you have really put my mind at rest, was stressing a little as the flight is hard enough with a 3 year old without flying the long haul version of ryan air

:biggrin:

The service offered by Malaysia Airlines has won many praises and awards. An Academy of Science in New York honored it "Five Star Diamond Brand Award". The Aircraft Service Academy in Britain awarded it "the Best Cabin Staff Prize". The American magazine Conde Nast listed it as one of the top ten airlines flying across the Pacific Ocean. An Australian travel magazine gave it the prize of Luxury Travel. The commitment and enthusiasm, performance pledge and high quality of service of Malaysia Airlines are to be highly applauded.

@ Gaz, if you do get problems, maybe contact KL... they are exceptionally helpful there.

I haven't had any really bad flying experiences (maybe I've been lucky).

I flew Air Asia and was perfectly happy. My rationale is always do I want to spend my money on the flight or at my destination.

When I flew Air Asia from Stansted to KL, there was a lady behind me with 3 young kids and they were fine for the flight. I'm not sure a more expensive airline will make much difference to a 3 year old, but you will no doubt appreciate it more.

Small kids will get restless on a long flight regardless of the carrier, so need lots of things to do like colouring, books, favourite toys. Hopefully they sleep for most of the trip.

Good Luck.

Archived