Hello all, visa advise needed please :-)

benandkelly

Hi everybody,

We are Ben and Kelly.

We're both 33, have 3 kids and want to emmigrate to oz.

We've thought about it long and hard and have now decided that it is what we all want.

I (Ben) have been talking to a couple of companies in WA who have found the industry (electronic security) is massively lacking skills in Oz and they are now seriously looking into the option of sponsoring brits. Sadly my industry in not on the skills list so I'd def need sponsorship.

What I am after is good advise regarding the types of visa and which is the best, the quickest, and the easiest.

Our children are aged 7, 11 and 13 so woud be going to school.

I understand that if we get a 457 visa then we would have to pay for the kids schooling. Can someone confirm this please.

Anyway enough from me for now

Regards

Ben & Kelly

Hi everybody,

We are Ben and Kelly.

We're both 33, have 3 kids and want to emmigrate to oz.

We've thought about it long and hard and have now decided that it is what we all want.

I (Ben) have been talking to a couple of companies in WA who have found the industry (electronic security) is massively lacking skills in Oz and they are now seriously looking into the option of sponsoring brits. Sadly my industry in not on the skills list so I'd def need sponsorship.

What I am after is good advise regarding the types of visa and which is the best, the quickest, and the easiest.

Our children are aged 7, 11 and 13 so woud be going to school.

I understand that if we get a 457 visa then we would have to pay for the kids schooling. Can someone confirm this please.

Anyway enough from me for now

Regards

Ben & Kelly

You would only have to pay for schooling in NSW and ACT if on a 457.... Hope that helps

8. If I am sponsored on a 457 visa, do I have to pay school fees for my children in public schools?

This depends on the State you are living in.

NSW charges between $4,500 (K-10) and $5,500 (11-12) per child for education whilst on a 457 Visa. But may apply for exemption (for financial hardship reasons).

ACT charges between $9,320 and $13,900 per child for education whilst on a 457 Visa.

$ 9,320 Years K-6

$12,500 Years 7-10

$13,900 Years 11 and 12

QLD treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents.

WA treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents.

VIC treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents. But disabled students need to pay higher fee.

SA treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents.

Tasmania treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents.

Northern Territory treats 457 Visa Holders the same as Citizens and Residents.

Archived