Conviction, is this an issue!

Chris&Mel

I, at some point will have to declare the one conviction i have and was wondering if it would affect my chances of gaining my visa.

Back in the summer of 2004 i recieved an on the spot fine, complete with a public order conviction, from taking a leak in a back alley.

Obviously not anything too serious as im sure a great number of people at some point have done the same but i was'nt fortunate enough to get away with it!

Can anybody shed any light on this conviction as i dont known how deeply this could affect my chances of getting my visa application approved.

Thanks

Chris

Guest guest30085

As far as Im aware it is only if you have received a custodial sentence of 12 months or more that will prevent you gaining a visa.

Although yours is a bit of a cheeky crime :laugh: I do not think you need to worry

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I would also add................. ALWAYS be upfront about things like this, make sure you submit any conviction on your application form.

best of luck.

Guest Guest31881

This will show up on your police check, so as Hoff said be upfront about it. Also explain it was a one off incident and it will not happen again. They are normally OK about crimes of this kind and as already said they get more particular with sentences over 12 months. Just be honest with them.

I, at some point will have to declare the one conviction i have and was wondering if it would affect my chances of gaining my visa.

Back in the summer of 2004 i recieved an on the spot fine, complete with a public order conviction, from taking a leak in a back alley.

Obviously not anything too serious as im sure a great number of people at some point have done the same but i was'nt fortunate enough to get away with it!

Can anybody shed any light on this conviction as i dont known how deeply this could affect my chances of getting my visa application approved.

Thanks

Chris

i think you are takeing the pi.s with this thread lol

Thanks

Chris

Spent more than a penny then?:biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Excuse me while I go away and flog myself.

A former employee of mine emigrated to New Zealand a couple of years ago and he had done a similar offence when he was in the Army.

Unfortunately, the arresting officer decided to process it as exposing himself therefore it was classed as a sex crime on his PCC.........took a bit of sorting that one!!

Thanks

Chris

Probably not a problem unless you were pumping it out.

Archived