Really dumb Question

Herbies

Really sorry guys, complete novice here, how do you all know when you are due to go? Do they give you an approx date that you'll receive your visa. Also when the visa is issued how long do you have before you must activate it? Plus just one more if we're not ready and i send my OH to activate it can he leave and come back or must he stay in oz for a period of time. The visa will be a 136 or 175 as it will be tomorrow.

:twitcy:

Hi and welcome to the site!

Your validation date will be 1 year from the date of your meds or police checks, whichever was first.

i know your Oh can validate alone (as long as he goes first) but i think you still have to validate all the visa's by the final date.

hope this helps

Hays

Guest annie0

hi Herbies

When you recieve your visa there will be an entry date on it and it usualy gives you untill the time your meds or police checks run out ( they are valid for a year)

If you are not ready to make the move within the time that is on your visa you would all have to come over to validate them, and you dont have to stay for a long period of time, it can be as simple as a two week holiday.

Hope this helps you

Ann

You dont have to stay for two weeks even. I think you may (if you really wanted too) hop back on a plane and come straight back...... but would you want to?!!

Thanks for that, i heard you only get 6 months and with so much to do was really panicking. Relief

If you are asked to provide a health undertaking, it will be 6 months from date of medicals, or one year from date of police checks - whichever is earlier.

Cheers

Peter

it will be 6 months from date of medicals, or one year from date of police checks - whichever is earlier.

Cheers

Peter

Huh?! i didnt know that! I thought it was a year from whichever was first, not 6 months from the meds!!

thanks for putting that straight!

i know your Oh can validate alone (as long as he goes first)

The main applicant must validate first, or together with the other applicants. So, if the OP's OH is the main applicant, your line above would be correct.

Your visa labels should spell this out quite clearly.

Cheers

Peter

Paul and i were given a year to validate ours so i am confused too...we had our meds done on 12th sept last year and have the 12th sept this year stamped on our visa...We had to be out in Oz by this date..So yes Hays it is a year...Unless the rules have changed on that too...

You get one year from meds/police checks (whichever is earlier) if you did not need to provide a health undertaking.

You get 6 months from meds or 1 year from police checks (whichever is earlier) if you needed to provide a health undertaking.

This has not changed, and this was explained earlier in my post.

Cheers

Peter

Im assuming that a health undertaking is something requested after your meds if they dont come back with an all clear?????? is this right? so if you dont need a health undertaking you get a yr from police checks/meds which ever soonest, and if you have to have a health undertaking thingy you get 6 mnths from that to validate your visa??:unsure:

Im sorry Ptlabs, i know you have explained, but it wasnt clear for us guys who havent already been through it. :wideeyed:

Hi

The previous replies are correct. You will get 12 month from the date of your meds or police checks (whichever you get done first). We made a major error as we got our police checks done early on so as to save time and we only have 8 months before validating the visas (to be in Oz by Dec) so I'd definatley advise waiting until your case officer requests them.Good Luck

Mandy x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

ptlabs is right. If a Health Undrtaking is required then the meds are usually only considered to be valid for six months, eaning that you get six months from the date of the meds or - as Peter has said - a year from the date of the police checks if those aredone too soon in which to validate the visa.

Details of when a Health Undrtaking might be required can be found on Factsheet 22, which is here:

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 22. The Health Requirement

Cheers

Gill

Archived