PLeeaassee! Clarification needed ASAP, for AASW form for Social Workers

Wellers and Whitehead

Hello,

I am completing the AASW form with regards to emmigrating to Australia, and have a few questions that I would like clarifying.

1) Question 15 asks for qualifications. I completed a GNVQ BTEC Advanced Health and Social care in 1995-97. I have put for this not be assessed, if it was to be assessed what documents would I have to provide? I only have the units I took (18 units) and if I paased each one (whichI did).

It also asks for details of field work placements during the above course. I know that I did undertake a placement at a children's nursery but I was not assessed on this placement. I cannot remember where it was or any details about this placement/supervisor/s. What would you advise I put in this section (Q.15A)?

2) My second qualification is BA (Hons) Social Work.

- Do I have to give the exact topic/title of my thesis? I have moved and all my Uni stuff is in boxes, am I able to write that it was about Female perpetrators of Domestic Violence and support services available to men.

- I do not know what qualifications my practice supervisors within my 3 University placements had, how should i answer this question.

- When describing the field work I undertook in the placements, is it enough to write what the services aims were, and what the service offered to clients. Please advise me if this section requires further information.

3) With regard to work history, how much am I expected to write? A paragraph summarising my role or a list of my duties? I work within Child Protection at present, so this could be quite extensive.

Thanks In Advance,

Aymie

Guest jilkfree1978

My wife is a Social worker, she said you should ask AASW, if you make a mistake it will only delay your application in the future!!

Archived