Sponsered residency

blobby1000

Good evening.

We are a family of 4 and currently on a temporary 457 business visa.

My employer is offering to sponser me for permanent residency which we will go for, but does anyone know how much this costs including medicals etc for 2 adults and 2 kids?

You may well ask "why dont you ask you work?" I have, but they are very vague about it all!

Thanks in advance

PS what is this visa? 175? 176?

Guest guest17520

Cost of visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/employer-sponsored-permanent.htm

Cost of medical:

http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/files/editor_upload/File/Price%20List%20Visa%20Medicals%20MHSPtyLtd%202010-11(1).pdf

Adults will need the Visa Medical Exam incl. Blood test, X-ray & photo. Depending on the age of your children they may or may not need the xray and blood test.

You will also need police checks for any country you have lived in for over 12 months in the past 10 years. Australia police checks cost $43 and Uk police checks about 35 pounds I think.

All up your looking at around $4 - $5k if you don't use an agent.

:biggrin:

Thanks Rich, thats so helpful of you, have been looking for that info everywhere!

So it seems we pay $2500 and my emplyer pays $450 odd and then its medicals on top etc.

Does the 2500 cover the whole family incidently? It seems you only have to pay a 2nd installment if your English language skills are poor.

Am currently on a 457 and looking to get residency and escape to the beach!

Thanks again for your help, very kind:biggrin:

Guest guest17520
Thanks Rich, thats so helpful of you, have been looking for that info everywhere!

So it seems we pay $2500 and my emplyer pays $450 odd and then its medicals on top etc.

Does the 2500 cover the whole family incidently? It seems you only have to pay a 2nd installment if your English language skills are poor.

Am currently on a 457 and looking to get residency and escape to the beach!

Thanks again for your help, very kind:biggrin:

No worries. If you're interested there is a timeline thread for ENS 121/856 visas. Here's the link: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85049-ens-121-856-visa-timeline.html

The $2500 will cover the whole family and yes if all of your first languages are English then you won't need to pay the 2nd installment.

Last year they brought out a new system where if you use a migration agent and they certify your application as being "Decision Ready" then you take priority in the queue and can get your visa in as a short as 1 month. Applying without an agent will probably take you about 7 months. It's worth using an agent if you can afford the extra cost, unfortunately I sent mine in before the Decision Ready Checklist was brought in and I have been waiting for 13 months.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me or post a question on the timeline thread.

Bloody hell thats a long time! Are you being sponsered? It must be doing your head in.

My employer reckons I will get it in a few weeks. That doesnt help your cause tho as I suppose lots of people are jumping the queue (or maybe her was telling porkies and it will take me 13 months as well)

Guest guest17520

I'm on a 457 now and am having issues with the medical which is why it is taking me so long, I think I'm going to get a decision in the first week of May,fingers crossed!

If you use an agent you will probably get your visa in about 4 - 6 weeks although some wait longer and some get their's within a week. If you don't use an agent you'll probably wait 7 months.

Our application which was finalized Dec 2009 for 2 adults & 2 kids via an agent cost about $8500 it total.

My wife had to take an IELTS test because she is Dutch, and we had a few medical issues which required extra blood tests etc. This should save you about $500.

Application was made 23rd December & approved 3rd Jan. About 5 working days due to Xmas break.

Getting the application together with all the required paperwork & police checks etc was about 4 months+

This thread reminds me that I still need to get new medicare cards that dont have "reciprocal health agreement" on them :biglaugh:

Guest guest17520
Our application which was finalized Dec 2009 for 2 adults & 2 kids via an agent cost about $8500 it total.

My wife had to take an IELTS test because she is Dutch, and we had a few medical issues which required extra blood tests etc. This should save you about $500.

Application was made 23rd December & approved 3rd Jan. About 5 working days due to Xmas break.

Getting the application together with all the required paperwork & police checks etc was about 4 months+

This thread reminds me that I still need to get new medicare cards that dont have "reciprocal health agreement" on them :biglaugh:

You were lucky you got yours in just before the backlog started building up, it was about that time immi offered the fee free transfer from an independent application to an employer sponsored application. They saw a queue was building up for one type of visa and rather than process those applications quicker they shuffled the problem around and moved the queue somewhere else. Now with the employer sponsored visas rather than work out a way to process the old visas quicker they decided to put a priority on new applications.

I'll be glad when this whole process is over and done with and I won't have to speak to immi again for a long time.

Guest sydneynurse

hi blobby1000...

im on 457 visa as well.applied for perm.residency(ens subclass 856) 5 weeks ago with out a migration agent

cost of the visa applcn is 2500 dollars for the whole family

for medicals -300 dollars for my spouse and 330 dollars for me as i am a nurse

it will take around 5-7 months for visa approval

Archived