Friends in Perth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Let me in
I have been granted my 175!!!! Wahhooooooo! I am outta here!!!!!!!! And its my Birthday tomorrow!!!!

Great news!! Good luck

If you have your CO it wont be long at all! My Police Clearance took the longest...due to Easter and the Royal Wedding!! Hang in there, it will soon be happening!

Sarah x

hey there, Happy b day for the other day!....hope your settling in ok...i have been here since jan and am waiting for the results on my 457 visa :S

I am 30 and also looking to meet a few peeps out here!!

Guest tjmid

Hi Sarah

Ill also be moving out later this summer hoping to live in fremantle or subi. Itd be good to meet once we both get there. I wont really know anyone over there. Although will be starting work quite quickly so that may help as well

Tanya

Hi Jay,

I am not yet in Perth but plan to fly out the first week of July. Would love to meet up!

Good luck with the visa...

Sarah

Guest tjmid

Hi

I am nurse also. Have a job at fremantle hospital lined up. Just booked my flight for August cant wait. When u actually flying over? Have u a job?

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I am hoping to move the first week of July (I am awaiting confirmation from my current emplyer that I can leave on 30th June). I dont have a job as yet, I was waiting for the visa, but am now looking with a vengence. I am dual qualified in both Learning Disabilities and Childrens Nursing.

Are you planning on living in Fremantle aswell?

Sarah

Guest tjmid

Hi Sarah

Would like to live there itd make commuting to work easier. Just looking into short term rentals further north to start with that are furnished, give me a chance to look around at places first. Id love to live near Cottesloe but v expensive but I like to dream. Have you sorted accomodation yet?

What hospitals are you looking to work at? Have you worked over there before

Tanya

Tanya,

I would love to work at PMH but will do anything to start with! Never worked in Australia before so not sure what to expect! I will be living with my parents (eekkk) in North Perth for a few months, so I am really lucky and would probably like to stay around North Perth, close to the beach.

The transport links are so good, compared to over here but I guess its best to keep the commute down to a minimum!

Sarah

Guest Mullsey96

Hi there

Have been in Perth for two weeks and living around the Belmont area. Im wondering if this meet up came off - if so, are you meeting again by chance? Im in my early 40's (but act younger!!)

Cheers

Amanda from Derby:eek:

Amanda,

Hi how are you? Hows Perth? Have just applied for a job in Belmont! I am not yet in Perth, but when I am we shall have to meet up!

Take care and see you soon

Sarah

Guest JustFaffing

Hi everyone,

I moved over to Perth 6 weeks ago with my partner. We absolutely love it so far. I found a job in less than a week! It would be great to meet some people now we have settled in a bit. We are NOR and are pretty flexible so can meet up anywhere. Good luck with the move all of you who aren't here yet. I would recommend our moving company but our stuff is still in the ship and I don't know if it'll arrive OK yet!

I'm 34 and Phil is 35. No kids yet but working on it!

Jane

Hi Jay,

I am not yet in Perth but plan to fly out the first week of July. Would love to meet up!

Good luck with the visa...

Sarah

Ok cool Sarah...i am sure we could sort a meet out for when you arrive :)

Good luck with your Travels.

Guest Mullsey96
Amanda,

Hi how are you? Hows Perth? Have just applied for a job in Belmont! I am not yet in Perth, but when I am we shall have to meet up!

Take care and see you soon

Sarah

Hi there

Perth is really good. Its coming into wintertime now so the weather is alot cooler which is good in a way as it will help me to adjust gradually. Where abouts will you be working in Belmont? I rent a room at the moment. Its not cheap to live here but then again I am earning more here! Let me know when youve arrived and settled in a little and will gladly meet up!

Guest colsha7

hi all,

I am sharon, 39 (dreaded 40 in sept....) hubby colin, 42 and two kids kimmi 15 and robbie 13. We aren't in Perth yet but should be there early next year. I am so glad I looked on this page thought it was only 20 somethings that migrate with young kids.....soooooo happy to find some people closer to our age with older kids. Don't know where we will be living still researching it. hubby has a job with The Hollywood Clinic with a PR. So when everything is sorted and we are finally there hope to meet up with a few 40 somethings;))))

Can't wait;))))

sharon.xxx

Guest colsha7

forgot to add.....@ westernbrit.....it is RAINING here in Wakefield...........nothing new there then;))) have heard that there is to be a heatwave next week.....can't see it myself, but you never know...hope so, as we have friends visiting from germany;)))) The only thing that has changed here is..... they have finally finished the new shopping centre..trinity walk.

sharon.xxx

i sent and email of to hollywood clinic on FRI ref looking a job lol.

cud be neighbours lol !!

hi all,

I am sharon, 39 (dreaded 40 in sept....) hubby colin, 42 and two kids kimmi 15 and robbie 13. We aren't in Perth yet but should be there early next year. I am so glad I looked on this page thought it was only 20 somethings that migrate with young kids.....soooooo happy to find some people closer to our age with older kids. Don't know where we will be living still researching it. hubby has a job with The Hollywood Clinic with a PR. So when everything is sorted and we are finally there hope to meet up with a few 40 somethings;))))

Can't wait;))))

sharon.xxx

Guest colsha7

hi chrisandelaine

they interviewed in manchester in march. We were lucky. Applied through Joondalup health campus oversees recruitment drive. They wrote back with appologies not recruiting in mental health;( then out the blue they sent an email and asked if colin could attend an interview for the hollywood clinic (3 days later) who are recruiting newly qualified nurses but due to his excellent CV and expierence they would like him to join their team;)))

hope you get a good positive response;))

keep us updated.xxx

sharon.xxx

yes will keep u updated ok, they emailed back and asked to send the email to there amazing careers website.

hi chrisandelaine

they interviewed in manchester in march. We were lucky. Applied through Joondalup health campus oversees recruitment drive. They wrote back with appologies not recruiting in mental health;( then out the blue they sent an email and asked if colin could attend an interview for the hollywood clinic (3 days later) who are recruiting newly qualified nurses but due to his excellent CV and expierence they would like him to join their team;)))

hope you get a good positive response;))

keep us updated.xxx

sharon.xxx

Archived