Friends in Perth

Hi all,

Just packed up my house today and all my belongings are now wedged into a container (hopefully somewhere safe!!). Just doing the last round of goodbyes - I knew it would be hard but this is silly - my eyes hurt from crying!:em4600: Last ones tomorrow then hopefully fly out Wednesday - think I might spend the first week catching up on sleep and eating!! It'd be good to keep intouch with people doing the same thing :) - it's hard to explain and talk about things to people that aren't in the same boat. Hope you're all getting organised :wubclub:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest field87

Hi!

Also have a job at fremantle hospital starting end of August/September! Me and my partner will be moving from Darwin where we will of been for over 6months. Haven't really met anyone here people don't tend to stay for more than a couple of months and the aussies don't get our sense of humour! so are really keen to meet some people when we land in Perth!

Thanks

Jazz and Shaun

Guest mandi1971
Hi all,

Just packed up my house today and all my belongings are now wedged into a container (hopefully somewhere safe!!). Just doing the last round of goodbyes - I knew it would be hard but this is silly - my eyes hurt from crying!:em4600: Last ones tomorrow then hopefully fly out Wednesday - think I might spend the first week catching up on sleep and eating!! It'd be good to keep intouch with people doing the same thing :) - it's hard to explain and talk about things to people that aren't in the same boat. Hope you're all getting organised :wubclub:

Ah lots of luck with your move, itll get easier once youre on that plane. Ive made the move before and nearly crashed my car after saying goodbye to my parents, i was crying that much. :cry:

Youve lots to look forward to and a whole new adventure ahead.

Mandi xx

Guest Mullsey96

Oh Gosh - the run up to the last day and the goodbyes are agonising - I just wanted to bury my head but once I got over the jetlag and started work and began to focus on other things I began to feel alot better. Deep breaths - its natural to feel the way you are feeling! Im in my 40's and moved out on my own which was a tad traumatic but Im getting there! Good luck with the transition....

Guest Stella and Phil

Well our visas have been approved today :biggrin:

We'll be flying over the 1st or 2nd week in July, we're soooo excited but dreading the goodbyes.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon.

Stella x

Guest becalou

Hello, I'm 27 and moving bk to Perth this yr on a spouse visa after previously being there in 2008-2009 on A working holiday visa.

I have a 2yr old and looking to meet friends as my other half will be working away in the mines..

Guest Stella and Phil
Hello, I'm 27 and moving bk to Perth this yr on a spouse visa after previously being there in 2008-2009 on A working holiday visa.

I have a 2yr old and looking to meet friends as my other half will be working away in the mines..

Hi, I'm also 27 with a 2.5year old and a 10month old, my hubby will be working mon-fri 7-5 so I'd love to meet up when you arrive. Keep in touch

Hi alL

Well its day 3 back on our visit back to yorkshire after over 2 years of being away. Not much seems to have changed, its rained for 3 days. what a supprise usual english summer. No wonder the people dont look happy, how do the people cope seeing days like this when its suppossed to be the middle of summer. Had a bbq planned for yesterday, was cancelled as usual. least in perth you can plan to have one and know the weather will let you have it. Ive also noticed everything looks better in the sun, thats why most people seem happy back in perth.

Anyway enough of all this moaning its meant to get sunnier by the end of the week. Lets hope and pray as im freezing my nuts off. To all the people coming to Perth from wakefield, you may miss your friends/family when you get there and moan about this and that. but all i can say is come with an opern mind and give it time. Take it one day at a time and perth will reward you with a happier, sunnier and healthier way of living.

Steve

Guest tandcmum

HI everyone

I've been offered a job at Kaleeya hospital (part of Fremantle hospital)on a 457 so it's not all systems go with sending off AHPRA and then getting visa sorted. I'll be coming over with my hubby and 2 kids who are 9(boy) and 7 (girl) hoping to make the move over towards end of this year as soon as we have everything sorted.

Will probably look at living SOR, i like the look of rockingham, baldivis, port kennedy etc. Will have to test out the commute to work though

Guest HighlanderHeather

Hi Sarah!

I am leaving in three weeks to go to Perth. I am 34 and looking for new friends as well. I know a couple of people there already from when I was on my working holiday visa a few years ago. It's helpful, but like you I want to make my own way and meeting people in the same situation would be really excellent. Give me a message when you arrive and we can meet up for drinks/beach etc

Heather

Hi everyone, We are flying out on 22nd june, getting really excited but a little nervous. The goodbye parties are starting this weekend....its gonna be emotional.

Would love to meet up with new friends, so hopefully see you all soon. We are Tina and Scott early forties, no children.

Scott and Tina,

Wow...the goodbye parties sound great but terrible at the same time! I fly on the 28th (only 27 sleeps to go!). Mind you I say sleep in the loosest sense as there is that much going on in my mind! My belongings got collected yesterday so now I am a squatter in my own home as it is so bare! Am way too excited which is difficult as my friends and sister are devasteated (but happy for me). Have got so much social stuff planned this month and am trying to not to think about it being "goodbye" more of a "see you later".

Good luck with the parties and the move and we shall have a big old gathering in July to celebrate our new adventures!!

Sarah

sounds great sarah, i know exactly what you mean about the goodbyes. Its so exciting but a little nerve racking too. My head is all over the place too, selling things and cancelling things and arranging this and that. i finish work next friday and then i can really get stuck in to sorting things out. We are not sending over anything , just bringing ourselves and suitcases, so will have to start all over again. We have a holiday rental booked for three weeks, so will have to start house hunting once we are there too....ooooh so much to think about, but cant wait. Bring on our new lives in Oz !!! Cant wait to catch up, should be fun, and hopefully we will be a lot more de-stressed and ready to bring on our new challenges.

Good luck with everything.

Tina x

Guest rich1983

Afternoon all

Bit late to the discussion but never mind. My partner and myself (27) have been out in Perth for a couple of months sorting ourselves with jobs and accommodation etc but now it'd be good to grow the social scene.

I know there was a social organised by Poms in Perth last weekend which we weren't able to go to so we wondered if there were people interested in an informal meet up on Saturday 18th June. The pub the Lucky Shag by the water front in town is nice and central.

We'll be down there for some drinks and maybe a bite from around 2pm and any one who fancies joining us would be welcome.

Guest linzibelles

hi there we dont live far from joondalup and have two girls would be nice to meet up we arrived on the 6th june 2011 so still a bit new to it all we are from oldham greater manchester

maybe all meet up would be great lindsay and ste

Archived