Pleeasee help!FEW QUERIES OVER THE AASW FORM

i WROTE TO THE AASW (ops capitals) on 20th April and have heard nothing, time is running out and may even be too late to hear back from them before the July changes.(Trying to avoid doing the IELTS as get the feeling its very difficult) Could some body please help with the questions below;

I am completing the AASW form with regards to emmigrating to Australia, and have a few questions that I would like clarifying.

1) Question 15 asks for qualifications. I completed a GNVQ BTEC Advanced Health and Social care in 1995-97. I have put for this not be assessed, due to not having the course breakdown, if it was to be assessed what documents would I have to provide? I only have the units I took (18 units) and if I passed each one (which I did).

It also asks for details of field work placements during the above course. I know that I did undertake a placement at a children's nursery but I was not assessed on this placement. I cannot remember where it was or any details about this placement/supervisor/s. What would you advise I put in this section (Q.15A)?

2) My second qualification is BA (Hons) Social Work.

- Do I have to give the exact topic/title of my thesis? I have moved and all my Uni stuff is in boxes, am I able to write that it was about Female perpetrators of Domestic Violence and support services available to men.

- I do not know what qualifications my practice supervisors within my 3 University placements had, how should i answer this question.

- When describing the field work I undertook in the placements, is it enough to write what the services aims were, and what the service offered to clients. Please advise me if this section requires further information.

3) With regard to work history, how much am I expected to write? A paragraph summarising my role or a list of my duties?

Thanks In Advance

Aymie

i WROTE TO THE AASW (ops capitals) on 20th April and have heard nothing, time is running out and may even be too late to hear back from them before the July changes.(Trying to avoid doing the IELTS as get the feeling its very difficult) Could some body please help with the questions below;

I am completing the AASW form with regards to emmigrating to Australia, and have a few questions that I would like clarifying.

1) Question 15 asks for qualifications. I completed a GNVQ BTEC Advanced Health and Social care in 1995-97. I have put for this not be assessed, due to not having the course breakdown, if it was to be assessed what documents would I have to provide? I only have the units I took (18 units) and if I passed each one (which I did).

It also asks for details of field work placements during the above course. I know that I did undertake a placement at a children's nursery but I was not assessed on this placement. I cannot remember where it was or any details about this placement/supervisor/s. What would you advise I put in this section (Q.15A)?

- Do I have to give the exact topic/title of my thesis? I have moved and all my Uni stuff is in boxes, am I able to write that it was about Female perpetrators of Domestic Violence and support services available to men.

- I do not know what qualifications my practice supervisors within my 3 University placements had, how should i answer this question.

- When describing the field work I undertook in the placements, is it enough to write what the services aims were, and what the service offered to clients. Please advise me if this section requires further information.

3) With regard to work history, how much am I expected to write? A paragraph summarising my role or a list of my duties?

Thanks In Advance

Aymie

Hi Aymie,

There are a few S/W's on here who may have completed the form, I suggest that you use the search facility for the forum and have a look to see if anyone has left any info, or PM directly someone who is doing what you are doing.

Very best of luck with it all!

Hi

got your message :) will try to help as best I can :)

- if you want it to be assessed you need to provide certified copy of qualification also certified copy of academic transcript. You also need a detailed course breakdown of each unit studied and what it involved. The University will provide all this to you. To speed up the process I asked university for two originals of each and just posted one of the originals to Aasw so didn't need to be certified.

Hi

got your message :) will try to help as best I can :)

- if you want it to be assessed you need to provide certified copy of qualification also certified copy of academic transcript. You also need a detailed course breakdown of each unit studied and what it involved. The University will provide all this to you. To speed up the process I asked university for two originals of each and just posted one of the originals to Aasw so didn't need to be certified.

Sorry did nt explain myself very well..ive got all the info for my uni qualification (BA Hons SW) but for the Advanced Health and Social Care course, I have all my certs and only a few of the breakdown(Contents) for each module, but not all of the them. Do you think assessing my uni degree and yrs post qualified exp will be ok, rather than getting complicated with the paperwork from the Health and Social care course?

- If you can't find out anymore about it hmmm not sure on that one. If it wasn't assessed no point really putting it in, but if you are trying to build up your fieldwork hours I would mention it. I don't want to give wrong advice here not sure really only aasw could advise on this one. Personally I wouldn't mention it as may just raise questions from them that might delay assessment and if it realtes to a qualification not being assessed anyway there's no point.

- sorry again can't help here. In Ireland for BA we didn't have a thesis. Hopefully someone else can help on this one.

Sorry for all the short messages, replying on my phone and keep running out of space :( can't find the down button :((((

I"ll be honest I just guessed they had same as me but pretty easy over here as only one national qualification. Can you email them? If not i would put their role title and put unable to contact them for exact qualification and put if you know how many years qualified they were approx.

When answering this section I put services aims what services were offered but then also put where areas I covered and different roles I undertook.

I basically took it from my resume. You want to detail your role and list of duties, mine was only a paragraph. I detailed about the service then bulletpointed my roles and duties. and I have only worked in same place since qualifying which was fairly straightforward. You also need letter from your employer certified confirming your employment dates there.

Hope that has helped or someone else can offer more advice for you. Good luck ;)

full time, got a 2;1

Ok. If it was fulltime for a Ba to be positively assessed I believe from aasw website it has to be four yrs fulltime course.

If that is the case with you I would just mention other qualification and provide the certs but it would not need to be assessed so no mire details would be needed.

If your BA is shorter than four yrs full time you will need to have the other qualification assessed also to get a positive assessment.

Hope that makes sense. I had to gave two qualifications assessed as I did four yes parttime in one course then two yrs fulltime in another to get Ba.

I hate leaving boxes blank and worry they will send back but like you say if its not to be assessed I cant see the issue.

I just want it to be right, im sure you know how i feel.

You can only do your best, fill in what you can. When you get your assessment officer they contact you via email so it's pretty quick when things are missing to get back to them. Plus you are given your assessment officers direct email so no long waiting for replies.

Archived