Friends on the Central Coast (Umina Beach)

Hi All,

Me (27), my husband (25) and our two dogs moved to Umina Beach on the Central Coast end of Feb but three months on we've struggled to meet many people.....I think mainly due to me working silly hours (I don't get home until 8pm) so the only people I meet are through work, who are all great but everyone lives in the city and to be honest are still in that partying every night phase...........been there, done that and although we love a good night out, would much rather go out to a local pub or have people round for food, drinks etc! We'd love to hear from any one local, of all ages, that likes the same!

Danielle and MJ

Danielle xx

Hi Danielle, we moved to the coast around the same time as you (living in Avoca), we being myself, Fiona, my husband and our 4 yr old son. My husband is a chef and works crazy long hours particularly on weekends, I'm looking for work with little success however my son does keep me busy. I've met some lovely people through playgroups etc but always looking to extend my circle of friends, let me know if you'd like to meet up for a chat and coffee.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest gellata

Hi Danielle and Fiona, I live in Bensville with my husband, daughter (4 1/2) and 2 dogs..we both work in Sydney (husband is also a chef) so know about the long hours, we are looking to get a social circle going to so would love to hear from you, we like going for a beer but also having people over for dinner and barbies..would love to hear from you...cheers Amanda

Hey Amanda, great to hear from you. Have you been in Bensville long? It's been 4 months since we arrived on the coast and we're enjoying settling into the coastal lifestyle. We're often around Avoca on weekends as just the 1 car at the moment and Hubby has that to get to work, there's a great little park here and somewhere we could grab a coffee if you fancy meeting up?

Guest gellata

Hi Fiona, we have been on the coast for about a year, we rented here for 6 months then bought a house, it would be great to catch up, I know the park which would be good for the kids, let me know when you are free, my husband is working next Sat so free then..cheers

• 5 months later...

Hi I haven't checked the forums in quite a while now and have just seen this thread. Would love to meet up with mums/families on the CC. We're in Terrigal. Hubby commutes to Sydney. We have two boys aged 3.5 and 1, and a 5-yr-old choccie lab. Love living here but hard to make friends as everyone seems already established in their mother's group, and haven't found a good playgroup yet.

Would be great to hear from people in the same boat. Merry Christmas!

Vanessa

Finding that place called Home

http://findingthatplacecalledhome.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...
Guest ShazzyL

Hi there, we moved up to the central coast late November 2011 and I was so busy with the move and Christmas, but now we are all settled and it's time we started to build a social circle. My husband works in Social Services and although I am also trained in this I am a stay at home mum with a three year old daughter. My other daughter is 18 years old. I would love to meet up for a coffee and a chat at some point. hope to here from you soon. Sharon

Guest skidsngoom

Hello all, I hope you don't mind me butting in on your posts but I am in exactly the same boat! Arrived in Terrigal just over 2 weeks ago now with my family (Hubby, Cody -2 & Chloe 10mths) and although loving it here would really like to meet some new friends...if any of you still fancy a meet up please let me know & I'd be happy to arrange it.

Best wishes, Becky

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Danielle, we moved to the coast around the same time as you (living in Avoca), we being myself, Fiona, my husband and our 4 yr old son. My husband is a chef and works crazy long hours particularly on weekends, I'm looking for work with little success however my son does keep me busy. I've met some lovely people through playgroups etc but always looking to extend my circle of friends, let me know if you'd like to meet up for a chat and coffee.

Hi there. Notice you posted this last year. Is your son in school now?

Both mine go to Avoca School and I'm not working either so would be great to meet up?

Jane

xx

Archived