ACS and State sponsorship

jove

Hi I am waiting on the processing of my ACS application under software tester. Unfortunately since I sent away the application the state sponsorship in NSW has stopped sponsoring software testers.

Is there anything I can do to change the ACS application and for them to assess it as software engineer instead?

Or is this a case of having to wait till next year now?

Anyone have any ideas on what i can do? Can I still apply for state sponsorship under Software engineer if i had my acs assessed under software test?

Thanks for your time.

jove:unsure:

Hi do you think 4 years experience doing the following duties and a bachelors degree of Computer systems engineering will come with a positive outcome for the skill code of software engineer?

The content of his work is the following:

• Developing test manual scripts.

• Developing automated test scripts in Quality Test Pro testing tool.

• Debug and maintain automated test scripts.

• Analyze automated test script results.

• Participate in Performance testing with Load Runner test tool.

• Generating test data.

• Writing SQL queries.

• Executing regression, functional, performance, and system tests.

• Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports.

• Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies.

• Generating defect change requests and reporting these discrepancies to the Test

Lead.

• Performing manual testing with a migration to automated testing in later phases.

• Test Execution on multiple browser versions.

• Developing Test Plans for projects e.g. Test Automation Migration.

• Proactively work to identify and clarify requirements and resolve issues.

• Participate in developing QA processes and test artifacts.

• Participating in requirement qualification process.

• Participating Functional Design Document review process.

• Provide costing estimates for work needed on project modules.

• Provide status reports to manager on project progress

The tools which are used are the following:

• HP Quality Test Pro

• Eclipse SDK

• Load Runner

• Team Track

• Jira

• Sharepoint

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I did contact the case officer unfortunately it was with an assessor and could not change to job classification. I just got back the assessment back and it is satisfactory.

Has anyone had a review of their assessment to change the ANZSCO code?

Yes I did contact the case officer unfortunately it was with an assessor and could not change to job classification. I just got back the assessment back and it is satisfactory.

Congrats for getting a positive assessment.

Off topic, but would like to know when you applied for ACS. It would help if you can update your details here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=1

armandra!

yup.. its possible to get a review to change for another anzsco code

it will cost you 305$ and another 12 weeks.

http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/ApplicationforReviewofAssessment.doc

Hi I am waiting on the processing of my ACS application under software tester. Unfortunately since I sent away the application the state sponsorship in NSW has stopped sponsoring software testers.

Is there anything I can do to change the ACS application and for them to assess it as software engineer instead?

Or is this a case of having to wait till next year now?

Anyone have any ideas on what i can do? Can I still apply for state sponsorship under Software engineer if i had my acs assessed under software test?

Thanks for your time.

jove:unsure:

When did you apply to ACS? I've been looking at the NSW SS skills list since last November and since then Software engineer, Analyst programmer and Developer programmer have only been on the NSW list. Are you maybe going for a regional area in NSW as they have different skills list?

I applied to ACS in March for software engineer assesment and still waiting to hear back from them. Looks like they arent meeting the 12 weeks they say on their website :(

csdub,

I made a meal of this since the beginning. I saw the Software Tester on the Vic SS and maybe the ACT but since sending it away they disappeared. I will be trying to change my ANZSCO code to Systems Analyst if that is at all possible.

I am lucky as I can write out my own job description and my boss signs it for me. So I will probably submit more documentation with the review. Very annoyed with myself.

Archived