Thinking of Berowra - any thoughts

melaniecharlton

Guest siamsusie

Hi Melanie,

Hope you receive some answers soon, and giving this a wee bump for you.

Best wishes

Susie x

Hello,

Anyone live in Berowra or Berowra Heights? Seen some lovely homes online here. Is the school any good? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My husband works in North Ryde, Macquarie Park so hope the journey is not too much of a pain.

Thanks

Melanie

It is a bit 'off the beaten track' but is a nice area and we know people who have enjoyed living there.

Hello,

Anyone live in Berowra or Berowra Heights? Seen some lovely homes online here. Is the school any good? Any thoughts would be appreciated. My husband works in North Ryde, Macquarie Park so hope the journey is not too much of a pain.

Thanks

Melanie

Hi Melanie

Berowra is a lovely quiet bushy spot. Asquith Boys High used to have a little bit of a bad name back when I was at high school 20 years ago, but I'm sure the Berwora primary school is nice, as is Asquith Girls High. It's a 40-45 minute train trip to North Ryde in peak hour, or it will take longer by car, probably about 50 minutes I would think. Much quicker in quiet traffic.

Guest sinead
Hello,

Thanks

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

im moving to Mount Colah in Septemeber, its one stop away from Berowra on the train, so only 5 mins!! Im originally from Hornsby which is near enough to Mount Colah and Berowra, thats why im heading back.. I LOVE the area.. Its just such a beautiful part of Sydney.. You've got Berowra Waters, Bobbin head around the corner.. Loads of schools.. ive a 5 and 2 yr old.. ill be sending the 5yr old to Mount Colah Public school as thats where all her cousins go and my sisters speak very highly about it!! And then you've Hornsby 10 mins away which has the best and biggest shopping centre for miles!!! and the best interchaging Train station which serves ALL of sydney and ALL the lines. Very hady.. Great social life in the area to.. Loads of restaurants, RSL (pub) everything.. I cant wait to go back.. MMight see you there!!:wink:

Hi Sinead.

Funny you mentioned Mount Colah as I have seen a lovely house there too today. Might be a bit closer than Berowra for my hubby to get to work. I checked out the schools and they all seem so lovely. I have a 8 year old and twin 3 year olds. The area seems more to family life than living in the city. Thanks for your input! I will let you know if we move there. Very exciting! We could perhaps meet up. x

Mel

Archived