Damn this ash cloud

swifty99

i seriously can't believe there is yet another ash cloud heading in englands direction, just when we are due to fly out on thursday.

After years of wanting to emigrate and feeling like every obstacle has got in our way, now when we are finally due to fly out the ash cloud descends on us and puts the fear into me that maybe we won't get to fly out this thursday and we will spend ?????? how long stuck at heathrow

:shocked::sad::no:

Guest guest37336
i seriously can't believe there is yet another ash cloud heading in englands direction, just when we are due to fly out on thursday.

After years of wanting to emigrate and feeling like every obstacle has got in our way, now when we are finally due to fly out the ash cloud descends on us and puts the fear into me that maybe we won't get to fly out this thursday and we will spend ?????? how long stuck at heathrow

:shocked::sad::no:

Hi Swifty.

Just been listening to a news report about this matter. At the MOMENT it looks as if it isn't going to be as severe as it was last time ago. Two main reasons really.

Firstly the cloud is thought to be far less in impact than last time, and secondly, an aviation expert was on and said the airlines now know when to fly to avoid it if necessary and the testing that has been going on over recent months has proven that the ash may not be as serious a problem as first thought.

Fingers crossed for you Swifty, as I said, this is the LATEST report, and things may change, but fingers crossed for you and yours that you will be able to fly with little if any delay,:yes:.

PS, God forbid you get stuck at Heathrow, don't forget to take out a second mortgage for your food and refreshments,:mad:.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

By Andy Bloxham7:30AM BST 23 May 2011 (Guardian)

"The ash could force the authorities to shut airports and close UK airspace, in a move which could disrupt many thousands of passengers almost exactly a year since a different Icelandic volcano closed airspace across Europe.

The latest warning is based on five-day weather forecasts but experts said the wind patterns were changeable and could yet sweep the cloud away from the UK.

Aviation authorities yesterday said no disruption was expected to European or transatlantic airspace over the next 24 hours.

However, if the eruption continues at the same rate and winds do not change, ash could reach northern Scotland by tomorrow and spread to England, France and even Spain by Thursday or Friday, forecasters said.

Grimsvoetn, Iceland’s most active volcano at the heart of its biggest glacier, began erupting late on Saturday, sending a plume of smoke and ash 12miles high. "

Fingers crossed for you guys.

The wife is in Europe at the moment, and if she gets delayed coming back, I wont have any clean clothes to wear !!

Guest Ph0en1x
The wife is in Europe at the moment, and if she gets delayed coming back, I wont have any clean clothes to wear !!

:laugh:

know how you feel, last year we in oz on a family visit etc were told we may have to stay in the sunshine. clean air classic car heaven perth indefinately, was a worry :laugh:

dont worry, you will get there.

Archived