Form 80 Sibling Conviction

Chris&Mel

Hello all, any advice, help or info on this dilema would be very much appreciated.

I know the importance of declaring all known convictions and I intend to do so. However I was wondering what the implications of certain declarations are on your own visa application regarding sibling’s convictions.

My situation is on Form 80 for my wife; here my wife’s brother has a serious conviction which resulted in a 3 year custodial sentence (we think that was the sentence). We do know what the actual conviction was but we are a little unsure of the sentence and we don’t have any contact with her brother. Every so often he will contact his mother but that’s all anyone hears about him nowadays.

My concerns are what impact will his conviction have on our application, and will we need to track him down the get the full details etc?

Thanks Chris & Mel

Sorry Pumpkin but i thought form 80 where it asked about convivtions for anybody in this application it expects all convictions for anybody mentioned in the application such as parents and siblings etc....

Am i wrong on this issue and it is only intended for myself, Mel and any dependants etc?

I was going to fill in form 80 for myself and Mel and my stepson who is 16 but not migrating with ourselves?

Archived