Dogs in Oz

Guest wannapants

Guest milliesmum

Heathfamily......I hope the pain of rehoming her does not last too long for your family. You have done a very hard but a very loving thing. Total respect to you for having the strength to do it.

I have two cockers here now, and as much as I love them, I will never forget my springer back in the UK.

NZ Pom, I toured both islands last year and honestly found Christchurch to be the most dog friendly place in NZ. I spoke to lots of dog owners in the Botanic gardens, and was delighted to find bowls of water outside the Arts Cafe. Sadly it was still not what I was hoping for.

But I am posting just to say I sincerely hope you and your family are safe in Christchurch tonight after today's quake.

Thinking of you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dunkyboy

we brought our flat coat retreiver out to Rockingham WA with us, there are plenty areas to walk her and she needs a lot of excercise, there are plenty of dog friendly beaches to let her run free on and lots of parks close to our house that we can take her for shorter walks, I do sometimes take her to some bushland nearby but I am a bit nervous about letting her sniff around too much in the bush due to snakes.

overall where we are is definitley dog friendly and nearly every one of our neighbours has a dog :hug:

We have found it to be pretty dog friendly over here. We have lots of dog beaches within a 10 min drive (Rockingham based). We camp a lot and take our dog with us, I can let you have a list of dog friendly camp sites that we have found. Most parks have FREE dog poop bags and bins. No you can't take them into National Parks, but State forests are ok (though watch out if they are fox baiting, if your dog eats a bait he will die). Some of the beaches outside of the metro area (Perth), have a really sensible policy of dogs allowed on all beaches in the winter, and the restrictions only apply in the summer when the beaches are used.

All in all we can take our dog pretty much anywhere, our local bar allows us to sit outside with the dog, and even brings her water.

Tracey

http://www.ozhouserental.com

we brought our flat coat retreiver out to Rockingham WA with us, there are plenty areas to walk her and she needs a lot of excercise, there are plenty of dog friendly beaches to let her run free on and lots of parks close to our house that we can take her for shorter walks, I do sometimes take her to some bushland nearby but I am a bit nervous about letting her sniff around too much in the bush due to snakes.

overall where we are is definitley dog friendly and nearly every one of our neighbours has a dog :hug:

We must meet up for a dog walk, sounds like we're in the same area. May have met you on the beach already :biggrin:

Tracey

http://www.ozhouserental.com

Archived