Recommend me your airline.....

Guest Stella and Phil

I didn't think they'd ever had a fatality actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qantas_fatal_accidents

they haven't had a fatality in "the jet age".

Still an exemplary safety record though. I think its a bit of a shame that the press leap on their every issue, whether serious or not, and blow things out of proportion. Its almost like they waiting for a crash so they can run their pre-written "We told you it would happen" stories. Its quite sad.

I would happily fly with Qantas, but their charges for exit rows are higher than the rest, their generic seats are pretty bad for tall people and their ticket price is generally always higher than the rest.

I'm loving all the Singapore praise on the thread as I just booked a flight home with them, having never flown on them before. Going on the A380 for the first time too.

Anything that happened 60 years ago is ancient history anyway and bears no resemblance to today. Aircraft used, safety standards, safety equipment is very different today.

Of course an accident could happen, but air travel generally is very safe considering the number of flights every day.

I flew Singapore earlier this year on an A380 ... so much more room ... if you can book seats " upstairs " it is even better ...

The duty free at Dubai is brilliant , especially the gold counter , ( I only ever look ) ... but that is not the reason I prefer Emirates ...

Guest Stella and Phil
Why not support your own airline British Airway or Qantas?

Help the british or australian economy ?

I'm sure they would be fine.

Is that a recommendation for either airline from personal experience?

The main reason I haven't considered BA is because of awful reviews from friends, the 2nd reason is; cost, at a time when every penny/cent is absolutely needed we need to save where we can. When we're talking a couple of hundred pounds per seat for a family of 4 it soon mounts up.

To be honest I find your question regarding supporting either country's economy a little antagonistic, we've 'supported' the UK economy for 41years between us - not bad considering we're 27 & 31, and intend to do the same once we arrive in Australia. :biggrin:

Thank you to everyone else for the recommendations. :notworthy:

Is that a recommendation for either airline from personal experience?

The main reason I haven't considered BA is because of awful reviews from friends, the 2nd reason is; cost, at a time when every penny/cent is absolutely needed we need to save where we can. When we're talking a couple of hundred pounds per seat for a family of 4 it soon mounts up.

To be honest I find your question regarding supporting either country's economy a little antagonistic, we've 'supported' the UK economy for 41years between us - not bad considering we're 27 & 31, and intend to do the same once we arrive in Australia. :biggrin:

Thank you to everyone else for the recommendations. :notworthy:

Hi Guys. I have not booked my flights yet but had been doing some research. I live in Ireland so I had emailed the Singapore UK office. I got a call from their office in Ireland the next day. Their customer service in my short experience is a joy to behold. They explained everything and were so helpful. I had asked about the extra baggage allowance and they advised of the sim[le steps i had to take to ensure i got this. If the flights are as good as their initial experience then it will be a great one.:biggrin:

I flew Singapore earlier this year on an A380 ... so much more room ... if you can book seats " upstairs " it is even better ...

yep, got the upstairs for 3 legs (exit for one) and then a weird seat downstairs for the 4th; which is in the middle of the plane, but has no seat in front ot it.

Awesome

i dont know if youve booked yet but we are going with emerates in june and we have been with them before.... we have two boys 4 and 5 and the staff were brilliant ,entertainment was fab, food was good and seats were roomy and comfortable, i like the fact that the journey is almost split in half, the first time we had a night in dubai before next flight which was great for couple hrs kip and a shower, this time we have 2 1/2 hrs so we will explore airport a bit more (think we missed a level last time lol).

i would love to go singapore airlines just becuase of the reviews and their airport but the split journey not keen with my boys so young and to be honest have allways got a better deal with emerates for price.

jools x

A new reason not to fly Qantas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13624714

I flew BA business class to london about 8 years ago and they were fine.

To be honest most airlines are about the same as far as I'm concerned.

If money is tight go for a cheap asian carrier such as Air Asia.

But if not why not support BA or Qantas.

I try to support Australian companies when I can.

Archived