What's The Most 'Absurd' Thing You Have Ever Seen In Australia?

Guest guest37336

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with wearing flip flops/thong to the shops btw? hasnt anybody done that on holiday in spain/greece etc? whats the difference?i'd have thought it was a pretty sensible thing to do in a hot country,after all the shops arent a church are they

Guest DaneD
The way they pronounce the word router as 'rowter' because saying 'route' is offensive....but think nothing of effing and jeffing everywhere...

i just thought that was because australians pronounced route like the americans do. like data and data, and yogurt and yogurt.

Guest Unha99Y
i just thought that was because australians pronounced route like the americans do. like data and data, and yogurt and yogurt.

Route is pronounced the English way, router is pronounced the bastardized way:biggrin:

Never bought a woodworking router here, no idea how they pronounce that

Guest Unha99Y
2nd way.

What a glorious language in that case, a network device pronounced the same way as a woodworking tool. A bugger if you come across a shop that stock both :laugh:

Its funny u guys mention barefoot everywhere, as a teenager I regularly went out without shoes, into the city with just togs (swimmers) and a sarong or went shopping etc and didn't think anything of it.

Now I've lived in the UK for a bit I still hate shoes (wear flip flops even in winter/snow!) but appreciate the need for shoes in public places...especially as my English OH hates feet! :eek:

The day we lose the bare feet thing will be a sad day for Australia IMO...I love seeing people like that but can understand some types of people from cold countries not understanding it fully :wink:

What a glorious language in that case, a network device pronounced the same way as a woodworking tool. A bugger if you come across a shop that stock both :laugh:

Um, yes, aren't we clever...we don't mix up our wood chips and computer chips either :wink::biglaugh:

Guest guest37336

That when I walked into a fishing tackle shop I wasn't ripped off,:notworthy:

And if I ever fancied a fishing session (especially) Broome I could go at any time of the night to a servo and get my bait. Saved many a sleepless night,:notworthy:.

Cheers Tony.

Guest jackie Macdonald

What I find strange from what I've heard is, go over the speed limit by 2mph and they will have yer!! drive twice over the limit and you get a warning!!

jxx

Guest guest37336
Whats wrong with wearing flip flops/thong to the shops btw? hasnt anybody done that on holiday in spain/greece etc? whats the difference?i'd have thought it was a pretty sensible thing to do in a hot country,after all the shops arent a church are they

I have no problem Pablo with flip flops/thongs/open toed shoes.

Of course it depends who is wearing them,:jiggy:.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

feet 2sexy-shoes.jpg

hairy-feet.jpg

feet 2sexy-shoes.jpg

hairy-feet.jpg

Guest DaneD

pretty sure ive wore flip flops in a spanish church. thats ok, right? :eek:

Archived