176 lodged June 2011 Gang

Congrats to all who got visa's over the last few weeks. I havnt been on since we got our visa nearly 2 weeks ago. The celebrations went on for 2 days haha then we had our first wedding anniversery last week so we've been quite busy. Booked flights yesterday, we arrive in Perth on the 1st January (16 weeks + 3 days till we leave ha). The oh is clearing out the house already. We decided not to ship anything we will just sell everything here and buy new over there as we need it. Has anyone else decided not to ship their belongings? Also just wanted to say a big thank you to Chardy for starting this thread, would of been lost without it. Cant wait for a big meet up when we are all down under.:jiggy::jiggy:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to all who got visa's over the last few weeks. I havnt been on since we got our visa nearly 2 weeks ago. The celebrations went on for 2 days haha then we had our first wedding anniversery last week so we've been quite busy. Booked flights yesterday, we arrive in Perth on the 1st January (16 weeks + 3 days till we leave ha). The oh is clearing out the house already. We decided not to ship anything we will just sell everything here and buy new over there as we need it. Has anyone else decided not to ship their belongings? Also just wanted to say a big thank you to Chardy for starting this thread, would of been lost without it. Cant wait for a big meet up when we are all down under.:jiggy::jiggy:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

Hi Aisling

16 weeks!!! wow hopefully we will only be 4 weeks behind you guys :wubclub: although the change in weather today has set us think again of bringing our departure date forward.

We had decided not to ship anything - most of our stuff is Ikea so we'll buy again over in Oz. We are thinking about sending over a few boxes mainly kids toys and books, but we still have to work out what we think is worth taking and whether we can fit into our double luggage allowance - we need a severe cull to do that tho :huh:

Good luck with the house clearance - it definately feels good doesn't it

Est x

Hi Aisling

16 weeks!!! wow hopefully we will only be 4 weeks behind you guys :wubclub: although the change in weather today has set us think again of bringing our departure date forward.

We had decided not to ship anything - most of our stuff is Ikea so we'll buy again over in Oz. We are thinking about sending over a few boxes mainly kids toys and books, but we still have to work out what we think is worth taking and whether we can fit into our double luggage allowance - we need a severe cull to do that tho :huh:

Good luck with the house clearance - it definately feels good doesn't it

Est x

Yeah it feels good clearing out the house but its hard to get rid of some things. Have you secured a short term rental yet im finding it hard to find anywhere. Its good to hear that someone is going over around the same time as us. Hopefully we can meet up when you get there. How old are your kids ? Jacob will be 12 in Feb.:jiggy:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

Yeah it feels good clearing out the house but its hard to get rid of some things. Have you secured a short term rental yet im finding it hard to find anywhere. Its good to hear that someone is going over around the same time as us. Hopefully we can meet up when you get there. How old are your kids ? Jacob will be 12 in Feb.:jiggy:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

Liam is 4 and Emily is 1. Def up for meeting up do you have an idea where you are gonno start - We are thinking Rockingham just coz we know it. Haven't looked yet I suppose we should do really something about it :swoon: where have you been looking?

Est

Yep,

Having an agent is causing me stress!!! Can't be in control!

Donna x

Hey Donna

Out of curiosity, what team have you been allocated to?

Thinkin Team 4 are getting a bit slow or maybe I am just gettin very desperate now!!

Smiley (or maybe not:unsure:)

Hi Est

We are going to look SOR. Rockingham was one of the areas we want to look at but since we have never been to Perth before its hard to decide. There was one property in Waikiki that we might rent for the first few weeks, cant seem to find anything else. :confused: The oh likes the look of secret harbour aswell. Just want to get it all sorted so i can relax haha. Ill send you a pm with my email address to keep in touch. :smile:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

Hi Est

We are going to look SOR. Rockingham was one of the areas we want to look at but since we have never been to Perth before its hard to decide. There was one property in Waikiki that we might rent for the first few weeks, cant seem to find anything else. :confused: The oh likes the look of secret harbour aswell. Just want to get it all sorted so i can relax haha. Ill send you a pm with my email address to keep in touch. :smile:

Aisling, Ste & Jacob x

yeah I liked the look of Secret Harbour too :laugh: good luck with search - i'll pm u my address too

Est

No we have the same agent as Donna, I've just checked it there and it says further medical results received as of 03/09/11 but not showing met yet, not sure how long it takes?:huh:

ours say finalised on front page but not met on second page!

seems to vary -need to get better at waiting!:SLEEP:

Guest diadeline
I wrote yesterday morning an email to ask if he need some more information from us. Two hours later - VISA!!!:jiggy:

It works!!!!

I too e-mailed CO yesterday morning but no reply yet :realmad:

Hopefully i will get an answer .. soon :arghh:

Anyway, biiig congrats on getting ur golden ticket, maybe now they will get onto my application since they aready finished urs :biggrin:

I too e-mailed CO yesterday morning but no reply yet :realmad:

Hopefully i will get an answer .. soon :arghh:

Anyway, biiig congrats on getting ur golden ticket, maybe now they will get onto my application since they aready finished urs :biggrin:

Oh..I am sorry to hear this! I am sure your CO will contact you very soon! :hug:

Hey Donna

Out of curiosity, what team have you been allocated to?

Thinkin Team 4 are getting a bit slow or maybe I am just gettin very desperate now!!

Smiley (or maybe not:unsure:)

Morning,

I am with team 2, although I think our visa is a wee bit away yet.

There has been minimal contact with the CO.

I really have to get myself in a better frame of mind, and realise if its granted next month, that is all still fine! I am still waiting for my cyprus Police checks to come back, hopefully they might be in the post today!

Just would have liked it sooner, rather than later.

Donna x

Guest diadeline
not sure whether to laugh or cry !! I'm in the house myself jumping about like a loon!!

LOOOOL

Guess its a mix of both laughs and tears ( of joy and happiness) :twitcy:

Later edit: How much time since the meds were finalised ( mine were finalised on 1st of sept and .. im trying to figure out how long till the grant)

LOOOOL

Guess its a mix of both laughs and tears ( of joy and happiness) :twitcy:

Later edit: How much time since the meds were finalised ( mine were finalised on 1st of sept and .. im trying to figure out how long till the grant)

We were Team 4, meds recieved to diac 03-09-11- it was so quick I can't believe it! and we didn't use e-health either the medicals were sent pigeon post lol xx

I'm sure you'll hear any day now, fingers crossed xxx:jiggy:

Archived