printer problems ......

tonyman

Guest Guest 47403
Just out of curiosity, can you go to control panel, then system, then click on the hardware tab, and open device manager. see if you have any devices that have a yellow exclamation mark. These will be hardware items that have an issue... that might be a simple starting point to diagnose what the issue is.

Already done about 5 posts ago mate.

Guest NeilEB

Can't believe we forgot this one.....

Have turned it off and back on again?

Still not helping much am I?

Go to your control panel add/remove programs and remove anything to do with the old printer if it was HP you might have all sorts of photo software etc remove the lot also remove anthing the epson has put on there.

ok all epson gear removed , no hp , no printer detected ........i tried to remove neilEB but that wont work either ............

Guest NeilEB
ok all epson gear removed , no hp , no printer detected ........i tried to remove neilEB but that wont work either ............

There hasn't been a malware remover made yet that can get rid of me!!!

Mwahahahahahahahaha :biglaugh:

Printers = teh evil :arghh:

Hence we never have one at home any more. Spend more time getting it working than I have hours in the day.

We keep a couple of memory sticks and either hubby prints off stuff at work or I go to the library or some such and print from there. Saves on time, ink cartridges and my sanity :laugh:

Guest NeilEB

Completely agree with that - printers and modems are evil.

I still haven't been able to get my mum's printer to work wirelessly yet.....given up now.

Completely agree with that - printers and modems are evil.

I still haven't been able to get my mum's printer to work wirelessly yet.....given up now.

have you tried turning it on /off

give it a good whack

buy a new one

hope this helps .......:biggrin:

btw........thanks to Mr Harrington mine is working perfect now............3 cheers for harrington.....hip hip horray.........:notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75cRSJY11M

Guest Guest31881

btw........thanks to Mr Harrington mine is working perfect now............3 cheers for harrington.....hip hip horray.........:notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75cRSJY11M

I am pleased you got it going, This was beginning to look like a saga :biggrin:

Glad you finally got it sorted mate:wink:

I am pleased you got it going, This was beginning to look like a saga :biggrin:

Glad you finally got it sorted mate:wink:

me too pal..........now i can post pics that i promised ..........:biggrin:......how can something so simple prove to be so hard ..............the last one i had was a fax ,scanner the lot , had a bad storm ect a yr last March and never worked since .........im on my 3rd printer in less than 4 yrs and they have never been abused .......only verbally ........................:yes:

Archived