Just joined today!

loulou1872

Hello everyone,

I have just signed up to this forum today:jiggy:

I've been popping in and having a look from time to time but today I NEEDED YOU ALL!!

Was filing state sponsorship for WA and got loads of help from all your posts so thank you ALL very much,:hug: fingers crossed for a positive outcome:yes:

My eyes feel like they are going to fall out of my head been on this computer all day lol

Hello everyone,

I've been popping in and having a look from time to time but today I NEEDED YOU ALL!!

Was filing state sponsorship for WA and got loads of help from all your posts so thank you ALL very much,:hug: fingers crossed for a positive outcome:yes:

My eyes feel like they are going to fall out of my head been on this computer all day lol

Welcome to the forum. I too have done the same as you over time and its a great place to find what you need. Good luck with your visa

Guest mandi1971

welcome to this stressful wonderful experience :biggrin:

I hope it all goes well for you. We are hoping to go to Perth after xmas with our 3 kids and dog/ Oh is a Plumber and i do admin and secretarial work.

What do you do and have you looked at any areas yet ?

Mandi x

HI Mandi

What a minefield!! Stressful yes I totally agree, but we are all dreaming of a life in WA. We have looked at Perth and the suburbs, I'm trying not to look at too much in case we are not successful :skeptical:

John is a carpenter, although even that caused a bit of confusion because here in Scotland he is known as a joiner!:laugh:

So his vetassess was successful and I'm going to lodge the ss and 176 tomorrow, I've been a Dispensing Optician for the last 20 years but it's not on any lists. I'm a team developer for Slimming World at the moment.

Our girls are Kirsty 14 and Phoebe 10 both very excited about the prospect of a move, my parents on the other hand havent taken the news so well:em4600: And depending on how long this all takes I think the animals will have to stay here! 13 year old dog, 16 year old cat and a 3 year old rabbit called elvis:elvis: lol kids not that chuffed about that :-(

Where abouts have you looked at?

LouLou x

Guest Mystery^Customer1974

Welcome to PIO I hope that you will find all you need on here to help with the huge amount of things you need to sort out before boarding that plane ;)

If you need info on almost any subject relating to the whole process then you will find people that will in some capacity be willing and able to assist you

One thing I would say regarding family/friends not being happy

If you have your partner and your children and your health that is the most important part of any family I had no quarms about the move and didn't worry about anyone else Try to remember that this is:

1)YOUR chance

2)YOUR choice

3)YOUR future

Don't let anyone spoil it or guilt trip you as you have enough to sort out without having emotional 'family' moping about or being negative

Stay strong and positive for the future and reasure them of your reasons and remind them that they will be able to have wonderful holidays down under! :)

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz LouLou,

Good luck with your migration experience, there is always someone around to help!

We also have our sister site PerthPoms http://www.perthpoms.com/ so please feel free to join.

Susie x

Guest mandi1971

Yeh we've had all the guilt and how far away it is and how will anyone ever see us as it's so expensive to visit etc.I feel bad as I'm very close to my family but I have to put my immediate family first.

My dogs only 1 year old and I'm horrified at how much he's gonna cost us but I couldn't imagine life without him now,just have to see how our saving goes as we don't have a house to sell.

We are also hoping for Perth,darrens a Plumber and we got SS, lodged our visa a few weeks ago,so things are going pretty fast for is right now.

I haven't a clue on areas yet,I like Rockingham but so does almost every brit going lol.

It'll be like little Britain soon :tongue:

We have 3 kids aged 20,15,8

You'll have to keep in touch,there's a few of us planning to do that so we have some friends once we are out there,God knows we're gonna need them

Good luck lodging your visa today,hope it all goes well for you

Mandi xx

Guest wateraild
Hello everyone,

You're welcome, loulou. :hug:

Have a nice time at Pomsino.

Guest Eilidh A

Can't believe of all the posts that I click on to read its someone that stays in Bridge of Weir....we've just moved to Queensland from Johnstone! Just thought I'd drop by and say hi! :biggrin:

Archived