internet on sanctuary lakes

swifty99

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Swifty

Unfortunately SL is a tough one to answer as, some of the estate has Fibre Optic, some have ADSL, some can't get any kind of ADSL as there are no ports, some are stuck with wireless. So unless you know your exact address it is hard to say. Even if you know the address you will be moving in to had it before there are no guarantees with ADSL that you will be able to get the same port so you may be stuck on a waiting list. Once you have an address take a look here: http://yourbroadband.com.au/

If you have no luck then wireless may be the only way forward, however, don't go with companies like 3 as their service doesn't always cover all metro areas even if it says they do on the coverage map, unfortunately we learnt the hard way and got stuck in a 2 year contract.

Welcome to SL. We've been here since last September and love it. There are a couple of drawbacks here though and Internet speed is one of them. Most of SL is adsl which is quite a bit slower than the norm in the uk and way more expensive ( we pay $90) for phone line and adsl per month from telstra. If you check the sanctuary lakes website there is a link to their cable service check with them to see if your house is one of the lucky few to have coverage.

The other drawback of living here was the traffic. I commute to the city and it used to be horrendous because of the work on the westgate bridge. Thankfully that's finished now and I can get to work door to door in half an hour which is great.

Happy to meet and share some advice on the area when you get over the jet lag. We can explain the rules around schools if you have kids. Feel free to message us.

Welcome to SL. We've been here since last September and love it. There are a couple of drawbacks here though and Internet speed is one of them. Most of SL is adsl which is quite a bit slower than the norm in the uk and way more expensive ( we pay $90) for phone line and adsl per month from telstra. If you check the sanctuary lakes website there is a link to their cable service check with them to see if your house is one of the lucky few to have coverage.

The other drawback of living here was the traffic. I commute to the city and it used to be horrendous because of the work on the westgate bridge. Thankfully that's finished now and I can get to work door to door in half an hour which is great.

Happy to meet and share some advice on the area when you get over the jet lag. We can explain the rules around schools if you have kids. Feel free to message us.

It would be great to meet up we have been here since saturday and are VERY lost with internet and various other things and would be great to to talk to someone who has had the same experiences will pm you my email address as do not have email but my blackberry picks up my emails thankfully or i would be totally lost.

:biggrin:

Archived