Moving to Perth in September

Guest melbish35

Guest melbish35

We are planning to move to Perth at the mid/ late September. I am 37, my husband is 35 and our son is 2 yrs 9 months. We would love to meet up with anyone in a similar position. We love parks, beaches, bbq's, coffees, beers and the odd glass of wine! :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
We are planning to move to Perth at the mid/ late September. I am 37, my husband is 35 and our son is 2 yrs 9 months. We would love to meet up with anyone in a similar position. We love parks, beaches, bbq's, coffees, beers and the odd glass of wine! :biggrin:

Why don't you click onto the orange forums link at the top left hand side of the page and click onto the WA Western Australian threads and see if anyone is having a meet up, best of luck.

th_blkpatriotic11.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We moved to Perth about ten weeks ago, we are living in Butler(north) but will be moving to Quinns Rocks in Jan. We moved from Newcastle uk, but i am originally from Scotland.

My Husband is 29, i am 27 and we have a little boy just turned 3, and lil girl just turned 1.

Would be lovely to meet up when yous are settled , where in Perth are you moving to?

My husband works in Subiaco, in Tax and i am a stay at home mummy, if you have any questions i can try and answer them ?

Christine

Hi

We are arriving in Perth on 13th September and will not know anyone.

I am 43 and hubby is 44 and we have a son who is 7 and would welcome meeting up with other newbies.

We are initally staying in safety bay.

It is all very exciting and scary as we have never even visited Australia, so we are going with a completely open mind and sense of adventure.

good luck to you all

Jayne

Hi

We moved to Perth about ten weeks ago, we are living in Butler(north) but will be moving to Quinns Rocks in Jan. We moved from Newcastle uk, but i am originally from Scotland.

My Husband is 29, i am 27 and we have a little boy just turned 3, and lil girl just turned 1.

Would be lovely to meet up when yous are settled , where in Perth are you moving to?

My husband works in Subiaco, in Tax and i am a stay at home mummy, if you have any questions i can try and answer them ?

Christine

Hi there how are you finding Butler? We are just waiting on the visa now it appears on diac our meds have been finalised! We have been looking at Butler, Quinns Rock, Clarkson? I am 33 my fiancé is 34 and I have two

Children 6 and 3 ! Any info gratefully received

Stacey x:

Hi

Butler is good, has playgroups, school, lake and lots of lovely parks, the only reason we are moving over to Quinns is that we prefer the older suburbs/houses. Walk to the beach.

Clarkson has a good shopping mall/train station as well. All very close to the beach!

Where would you be working, town?

My husband does the drive in about 50 mins each day, we had much longer commute in the uk.

When will your little one be due to go to kindie? J misses it next feb as he turned three in July.

There are lots of schools to choose from, private and state!

When are you planning on coming?

Would be lovely to meet up with anyone in the area, just let us know.

Christine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steened

Hi we have just moved over to Perth in the Stirling area, husband and wife both 34, and 2 boys, 1 is 3 and the other 10 months, would love to meet up with people in a similar position.

Hi Steened,

We are around most wknds if you fancy meeting up, there is a nice park about half way between us both, Nodes park at Hillarys i think thats what its called. You can walk to the boat harbour , they do nice fish and chips and our little ones love the little beach there as well.

If you fancy it let us know, would be great to meet up with people that have children of a similar age .

Christine

Guest steened

Hi Christine

sounds good, takes us about 10 minutes to get to Hilarys so works well. Can do most weekends ourselves, or during the week if you prefer, my husband works during the week, but I am at home with the kids,

how about one of the next few weekends, we can't do this Sunday but otherwise are pretty flexible.

thanks

Frances

Guest antipope

Hi, we are arriving on 16th september and would love to meet up with some of you guys. We will be looking to locate to the rockingham / warnbro area.

Guest antipope
Hi

We are arriving in Perth on 13th September and will not know anyone.

I am 43 and hubby is 44 and we have a son who is 7 and would welcome meeting up with other newbies.

We are initally staying in safety bay.

It is all very exciting and scary as we have never even visited Australia, so we are going with a completely open mind and sense of adventure.

good luck to you all

Jayne

Hi, you'll love it. We've visited that area before and it's really nice, will arrange to meet up once we've settled in, we get there a few days after you do.

Guest jacinta72

Hi

Where abouts are you moving too? I am in Butler and happy to catch up, i have 3 kids thou alot older 16,11, and 8, started young!!! feel free to send me a message.

jacinta

Guest jacinta72
Hi

Butler is good, has playgroups, school, lake and lots of lovely parks, the only reason we are moving over to Quinns is that we prefer the older suburbs/houses. Walk to the beach.

Clarkson has a good shopping mall/train station as well. All very close to the beach!

Where would you be working, town?

My husband does the drive in about 50 mins each day, we had much longer commute in the uk.

When will your little one be due to go to kindie? J misses it next feb as he turned three in July.

There are lots of schools to choose from, private and state!

When are you planning on coming?

Would be lovely to meet up with anyone in the area, just let us know.

Christine

Hi Christine

I am in Butler 2 also moving to quinns in 4 weeks time, renting for another yr with the hope to buy (so expensive) I have been here under 2 yrs now!!but i like north perth it's lovely to be close to the sea! I have 3 kids 16,11,8 so bit ahead of you!! originally from ireland, married an aussie!

Jacinta

We are movin to Perth 15 th September, we are 42 and 40 with 3 girls 17, 14, 10.

initially staying in ocean reef , and hopefully settling in the northern suburbs.

We are always up for making new friends and keen to meet up and make new friends.

Be especially good to meet up with anyone with older teens as my 17 year old daughter still needs convincing that this is a good move for her.

Guest jacinta72
We are movin to Perth 15 th September, we are 42 and 40 with 3 girls 17, 14, 10.

initially staying in ocean reef , and hopefully settling in the northern suburbs.

We are always up for making new friends and keen to meet up and make new friends.

Be especially good to meet up with anyone with older teens as my 17 year old daughter still needs convincing that this is a good move for her.

Hi Ghost

I think if your 17 yr old is still in school she should be fine, we moved here from melbourne 2 yrs ago and my 14 yr old then thought it was the end of the world but she has made some good friends here better than the ones she's had before and has settled in nicely, she is in yr 11 now and doing good. any idea what schools u are looking at? first few weeks you will be in holiday mode anyway so u can have a look about. any questions feel free to ask

jacinta:jiggy:

Hi Ghost

I think if your 17 yr old is still in school she should be fine, we moved here from melbourne 2 yrs ago and my 14 yr old then thought it was the end of the world but she has made some good friends here better than the ones she's had before and has settled in nicely, she is in yr 11 now and doing good. any idea what schools u are looking at? first few weeks you will be in holiday mode anyway so u can have a look about. any questions feel free to ask

jacinta:jiggy:

Shes been at work for a year now so hoping to slip back into what shes been doing.

NO idea what schools really, I know woodvale seems to be about the best.

Guest catbells
Hiya

We are possibly on our way to Perth mid November pending job offer etc - can't wait to be honest.

Hope you guys have a great time when you arrive and that everything goes smoothly for you all

Hi there, myself (Nicky) and family are looking/planning to move to Perth this November. I am awaiting nomination and sponsorship and am in the nursing profession. If you are being sponsored, could you tell me whether you have applied for the 457 visa or have you waited for the employer to initiate it. I don't know whether I should be getting on with it or is it impossible without the sponsor details/nomination details. Hope you can help, and would be nice to hear if we are going to similar areas or professions.

Hi

We arrived at the end of May on Sponsored 457, my husbands work sorted the visa out, we did not have to do much at all., and it took three weeks for our visa to be granted. Four weeks after he had applied for the job we were in Australia.

Christine

Hi

We arrived at the end of May on Sponsored 457, my husbands work sorted the visa out, we did not have to do much at all., and it took three weeks for our visa to be granted. Four weeks after he had applied for the job we were in Australia.

Christine

Wow , that's a quick turn around

Archived