Looking to meet new people in Caboolture QLD...

Guest nikkievans

Guest nikkievans

Looking to meet new people in Caboolture...:biggrin: myself, husband and 10 month old baby boy just moved to Caboolture.. been living in Queensland for two years now but just moved away from all the friends we know so looking to meet new people/make new friends..

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi, we are hoping to move to either caboolture or nambour ( myself , husband 13 yr old and 16 yr old) what is caboolture like, what made you choose caboolture, we you looking for freinds that had young children or any age.

Guest nikkievans

Hi Shirley,

We have been based in SE Queensland for the last year but just recently moved to Caboolture mainly because of the location.. it is 30 mins away from airport 40 mins away from the fantastic Brisbane.. 20 minutes away from Bribie Island and 30 mins - 1 hour away from anywhere on the sunny coast.. House prices are much more reasonable in Caboolture we are renting but you seem to get a lot more for your money here rather than on the sunny coast or Brissy.. Nice areas to live in Caboolture are Central Lakes, Bellemere, new estates around Morayfield, South Caboolture .. Shopping centre is great has everything you could possibly need.. otherwise there is North lakes Westfield shopping centre or Chermside in Brisbane or even Sunshine plaza in Sunshine coast maroochydore.. all great shopping centres..

Not sure on schools as yet so can't comment on that.. but there seems to be a lot for kids here.. during the school holidays they do lots of free activities for the kids.. and there is always festivals and events going on.. Market on every sunday which is great for your fresh fruit and veggies..

Also there seems to be lots of jobs in this area with the location be so central you can work out of town but still not have to travel to far..

And most importantly the weather is great pretty much all year round.. its the middle of winter at the moment the coldest month of the year and day time it is 20 degrees.. at night it is a chilly 10 degrees..

When are you looking to come over here? When you get over here give me a shout.. we'll be happy to show you around..

Nikki

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi nikki thanks for your post. Just got our visa on july 4th 2011, we are looking to move to either nambour or caboolture, probably sometime end of october november this year, hoping to sell my house in that time as houses are selling well in my area. you have given me a lot to think about, thanks again for your post. its sound great in caboolture............shirley

Guest andybhoy

Hi nikki

Myself and my partner and 13yr old boy have our visas granted and are looking to move over around September October at latest , we have been researching rentals etc online and also noticed your money goes further the further from Central Brisbane you are , I am a stonemason to trade so I understand working in the construction industry means I could be working in a number of locations but initially we were looking at living in Brisbane but now we would quite like to live outside somewhere quieter , my partner is in social care so we both may face a commute to work , how is the traveling over there is it as hectic as back in uk can be or is it not too bad , I'm used to travelling up to an hour to work here sometimes only 6 miles in that hour !! Would you recommend or even advise living in the area you are now with the possible commute or is it just too far ? It's all ifs and buts just now but every little bit of info helps !! Thanks

Andy

Guest nikkievans

Hi Andy,

Traffic is not like the UK far from it.. you still get a fair bit in the city but its no M25..lol..

There is a train that goes into Brisbane from Caboolture they have just added a loads more times to the whole train system and to Caboolture so there is a lot of happy people in Caboolture because of this, i presume there is a fair few people commuting.. i have added the link for the railway it might help you more.

http://www.queenslandrail.com.au/NetworkServices/DownloadsandRailSystemMaps/SEQ/Pages/CabooltureLine.aspx

as for driving it takes us on an average day 40 minutes to get into the city.. we have driven home from the CBD at peak time around 5ish and it still only added about 10 minutes onto our travel..

We have a four bedroom house with 2 bathrooms and a double garage with a nice sized garden.. and we pay $320 per week to buy this house would be $300,000 so you get a lot for your money.. it is a lovely area "Central Lakes".. round the corner from the hospital, a local shopping area which has a Woolworths, bakery, coffee club, domino's pizza, doctors, dentist and 24 hour gym.. walking distance to the a little park and the lakes..

this is a good site to look for rent and sale properties...

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/in-4510/list-1

reat estate agents : LJ Hooker, PRD Nationwide, Raine & Horne, Ray White, Remax, Tego property

do not go with Caboolture Realty

other nice areas around here worth looking at are North Lakes, Redcliffe and Scarborough they are Northern suburbs of Brisbane.. North lakes has a very large english community..

If I think of anything else i will let you know.. if you have any other questions just ask..

Life over here is great.. we love it.. and im sure your family will too.. great place for families.. once you get here give us a shout if you need any help or want to meet up ..

Nikki

Guest nikkievans

Hi Shirley,

Congratulations on getting the visa.. good luck with the house sale.. hope it all goes smoothly for you.. glad to help if you have any other questions just ask..

Nikki

Guest andybhoy

Thanks nikki and Colin , I've been on the old Brits in Brisbane forum I think that's now changed to the one you mentioned

Nikki that sounds a good price you pay for your house I've been offered a flat in new farm from a guy we know who's going travelling for 9 weeks and he pays $330 per week for a smallish 2 bedroom unit !! He's offered me the use of his car whilst he's away so were seriously thinking about taking him up on offer as it's quite a central location to start looking around and it also takes away the hassle of trying to arrange a rental flat for arriving . The times you quoted for commuting are pretty much what I do just now so don't think that would be a problem especially if the house prices for rent are far better value further out from central brisbane . Thanks again

Andy

Guest nikkievans

Hi Candi, how are you? how are you getting on with the new arrival, does she sleep well? whats her name? we'd love to meet up.. just let us know when you are free? at the weekends probably best? we can meet up somewhere if you like? any suggestions?

So what is Warner like to live in?

Nikki

Hi Candi, how are you? how are you getting on with the new arrival, does she sleep well? whats her name? we'd love to meet up.. just let us know when you are free? at the weekends probably best? we can meet up somewhere if you like? any suggestions?

So what is Warner like to live in?

Nikki

Hi,

I'm trying to private message you but don't know how? Can you private message me then maybe i can reply to that, thanks, chat soon, Candi

Life over here is great.. we love it.. and im sure your family will too.. great place for families.. once you get here give us a shout if you need any help or want to meet up ..

Nikki

Great post guys! Thanks, we fly 10th August and i will be working in Strathpine. Good news about the train service. We have seen that you get more for your money in Caboolture so will be looking into property there. Temp accommodation is in Warner. We have 3 little ones, all girls, 18 month old twins and 4 year old. We be good to meet up and get togther once we are there? Nice to know it is great place for families.......removals come 1st August! Let us know if you wann hook up at some point?

Cheers

Nigel and Catherine (and Bella and Rosie and Amelie)

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Guest nikkievans

Congrats Nigel & Catherine on the visa.. if you need any help with anything before or after you get here, give us a shout.. we are in Central lakes very nice part of Caboolture and very near to hospital, shops , bus stop, etc.. love to meet up when you are settled... good luck with the move

Nikki & Nigel

Guest nikkievans

Anyone interested in a meet up

were thinking of arranging a meet up middle end of August possibly September bbq at Scarborough beach maybe would you guys be interested?? any dates you can or can't do? or any other ideas of where to meet up? family friendly..

just a idea , thought i would throw it out there..

I have put this on www.lifeinqueensland..com as well

let me know what you think ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikkievans

Hey, going to make the meet up at Scarborough on the 28th August... hope everyone can make it.. at the moment im thinking the bbq's by the railway parade park? it has a massive play area for the kids and right next to the beach.. although if anyone would like a smaller play area we could meet by Jamieson park there are bbq's there too so its no bother.. let me know... time around 12.30ish bring something to put on the bbq and drinks.. Look forward to meeting you all xx:cute:

Archived