looking for asian freinds

Guest saadia

When Aussies use the term Asian - they tend to mean south east asian, ie Malaysia etc. It confused the hell out of me when I came to the UK and Indian and Pakistani people where refered to as Asian. Silly really, as they are in Asia, but then so is China and half of Russia.

Do your friends have to be Asian?

Guest siamsusie

My Korean son has friends from all over the world, but having an Asian friend who understands the culture can sometimes help with the settling in period:biggrin:

Guest saadia
When Aussies use the term Asian - they tend to mean south east asian, ie Malaysia etc. It confused the hell out of me when I came to the UK and Indian and Pakistani people where refered to as Asian. Silly really, as they are in Asia, but then so is China and half of Russia.

Do your friends have to be Asian?

lolzz....:biggrin:i mean asian pakistani!!!

There are not a lot of Pakistani people here in Australia, the Indian Community tend to come from India, Sri Lanka and Fiji so its quite different. Of course there will be some but nowhere near as many as from the other countries.

Guest siamsusie
any one from:wub:, pakistan,,,,,,,,,,

We do have quite a few Pakistani members, particularly in our Spouse Section awaiting Visas.. I am sure someone will be along shortly to help you.

Susie x

Archived