Any solo parents flying to London?

meme78

Bit of a long shot but wondered if anyone is travelling back to the UK in either Sept or Oct? I will be travelling alone with my 2 year old and could do with some company/support/sanity. Dates are very flexible, preferred airport is Sydney. Just thought it might be more bearable with another adult. I'm very nice- can't say the same about Miss Tantrums :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bit of a long shot but wondered if anyone is travelling back to the UK in either Sept or Oct? I will be travelling alone with my 2 year old and could do with some company/support/sanity. Dates are very flexible, preferred airport is Sydney. Just thought it might be more bearable with another adult. I'm very nice- can't say the same about Miss Tantrums :)

Although I won't be travelling back to London, I can tell you that the journey will not be as bad as you expect. I flew alone last Christmas from Darwin to Edinburgh with my 3 children (aged 5 and 3 (twins)) and it went better than I expected. Please do however buy some travel sickness tablets for your 2 year old, it seemed to knock my 3 out on the return flight home. The entertainment system on the airlines these days are great too, plenty for kids to watch. Have a great time.

Leaving Sydney on 31 August but will (unfortunately?) be a group of 6 - DH and me, two adults and a 3 year old (4 the day after we arrive!) and a 9 monther so probably not the most ideal of companions for you unfortunately. I have done the trip as a single parent with kids several times and it is never as bad as you think it will be - second the idea of travel sick pills though!!!

Archived