Mates in Brisbane

Guest Mar29

Guest Mar29

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will arrive in Brisbane end of Sep 2011. We both start jobs early Oct. We are so excited but a little apprehensive as expected as moving away from family and friends is hard for most. We have a large circle of friends here, and like to do a variety of different things, meals, drinks, activities ( cycling, running etc) so looking to meet a range of people and make new friends.

We are late 20s realy 30s and are very sociable people, so we would love to hear from you and maybe get something arranged a few weeks after we arrive.

Look forward to hearing from you.

The Baxters!:laugh:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will arrive in Brisbane end of Sep 2011. We both start jobs early Oct. We are so excited but a little apprehensive as expected as moving away from family and friends is hard for most. We have a large circle of friends here, and like to do a variety of different things, meals, drinks, activities ( cycling, running etc) so looking to meet a range of people and make new friends.

We are late 20s realy 30s and are very sociable people, so we would love to hear from you and maybe get something arranged a few weeks after we arrive.

Look forward to hearing from you.

The Baxters!:laugh:

good luck with your move where are you going to be living there is a social group called the

brisbannittes arrange monthly meet up at local park /beach also have girl/lads night out have a look on there page on face book

Guest paul8181

Snap! I have a offer for Brisbane, I'm waiting to hear back from another one on monday from Sydney also, but failing this I shall be starting in Brisbane early October. I am finding a little nerve racking as I have a good group of drinking buddies here in the UK (we run once a week as well). I'm coming over as a singleton and in Blighty I have a good mixed group of boys and Girls who I will miss. Wondering how to meet mates etc. I know eventually I will make friends at work but this takes longer then meeting people outside. I do play rugby and 5 a side football so i was hoping to join a couple of teams also. I'm 30 and very socialable enjoy a few drinks in the week or on a weekend and playing sports etc! I'm looking at prob renting somewhere pretty central - maybe west end, Paddington or new farm. I think in some repects its harder coming over on my own and I still have to look into getting a shipping company in and renting out my house here - the to do list just gets longer! I'd be more than happy having a few drinks after work on a friday putting the world to rights or going for a run / game of something or other!

all the best

Paul

Archived