Any chefs in Perth from UK?

Guest joncaz
Can anybody give me any info on how easy it is to get a chefs job in Perth/WA.

Have you looked on seek.com.au?

When are you making the move over?

im moving over in december settling around rockingham area and im a chef bit nervous about getting a job there do you think ive got anything to worry about really dont want hotel work if i can help it i want to be home at nights , how hard do you think i will finding a job there.....finally really great to hear a chef on pomsinoz

regards

suzanne

thats encouraging ! its looking like Jan 2012 when we are heading over . Never been to Perth so flying blind a bit . thanks for your responses :)

Also to be honest I'd go over tomorrow if it was viable but have got to save some pennies first !!

Should have visa soon touch wood just had police checks just waiting for final processing .

Thanks all Mark

im moving over in december settling around rockingham area and im a chef bit nervous about getting a job there do you think ive got anything to worry about really dont want hotel work if i can help it i want to be home at nights , how hard do you think i will finding a job there.....finally really great to hear a chef on pomsinoz

regards

suzanne

I don't think you should worry about getting a job here in catering (plenty of jobs going at the moment), I'm never working night or splits ever again either! Aged care has fab hours (6am-2pm) Is what i'm working and Monday to Friday!!! love it.

You might die from the heat in December! Just hope where you end up working has good air conditioning!!! Only joking you should be used to heat from working in kitchens.:wacko:

Andy

Guest Melly39

My oh is a chef and we have gained SS from WA after a very long wait since lodging our visas in Dec 2009! Meds and police checks finalised now just the wait for our CO to grant!! Hope to move out in June 2012. Can anyone recommend any good catering recruitment agencies in Perth. Hubby is interested in looking at FIFO chef positions in the mines. Anyone got any good advice for job hunting in Perth? Thanks in advance :-))

My oh is a chef and we have gained SS from WA after a very long wait since lodging our visas in Dec 2009! Meds and police checks finalised now just the wait for our CO to grant!! Hope to move out in June 2012. Can anyone recommend any good catering recruitment agencies in Perth. Hubby is interested in looking at FIFO chef positions in the mines. Anyone got any good advice for job hunting in Perth? Thanks in advance :-))

The main companies for mine work, are Compass, Sodexo, & Spotless. They all have website so check them out first, It's usually hard to get a job until your actually in Oz though.:skeptical:

that sounds promising worked in aged care in wales found it was brilliant so will be looking into that again and your right about the heat as long as theres a walk in fridge i should cool down alright

Give me a shout when you get here, and I can see what's going with the company I work for. Also try Spotless & Compass, both contract catering companies that do aged care. :hug:

Guest Melly39
The main companies for mine work, are Compass, Sodexo, & Spotless. They all have website so check them out first, It's usually hard to get a job until your actually in Oz though.:skeptical:

:biggrin:Thanks for the information, I'll check the websites out.

Archived