Moving to Berwick - friends/drinks/bbqs!

Guest cazd

Hi Guys

Moving to Berwick hopefully in November. Came to Melbourne in May and decided Berwick was for us. It's now getting to the point where we are both worried about not having any mates and having to spend all our time talking to each other or the dog! Anyone out there who has regular meets etc, let me know as would be great to meet up when we arrive!

Also any general Berwick info - when we visited we got as far as the Berwick Inn!!

Caroline, Gaz & Tony (the dog)

Hi

There are usually a few meet ups organised around that time of year, normally a BBQ at a park; the free BBQ areas are very popular during the summer months. There are also a number of drinks nights in the city organised but we never get to those, hard to find babysitters and too expensive to get a taxi home.

We are about 15 mins away from Berwick in Lyndhurst but we would normally go to Berwick if we were going for dinner etc., we can afford a taxi from there! All the people we know from the area have families and most of our social activities are based around that but there always seems to be a lot of people out and about. Would be up for organising a drinks night in Berwick in November after you arrive, normally people will turn up if you organise something.

If you have any interests or hobbies that’s always a good way to meet locals, if you play a sport there are teams around for most things and that would help a lot. What I have found is that there are a lot of people from the UK in the same situation as each other they just live 20+ miles apart. But once you start getting out and about you will meet enough people.

Thanks

Danny

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gemjar85

Hi Cazd

I'm Gemma (26) and moved to Berwick with my boyfriend (32) in Jan. We're enjoying life in Berwick but would love to meet up for a few drinks in Berwick area when you guys come over! xx

Guest hamos87

Hey,

My wife (Emma 24) and I (Harry 24) are currently staying in Mount Waverley, but are looking for jobs around Berwick, with the hope to move there when we get jobs. Would love to meet up with people already there and new to the area!

Keep us posted it people are meeting up, would be fine to drive down even if we hadn't moved there by then!

Quick question: what is it like living in Berwick? Is it nice?

Thanks

Harry

Hey!

Unfortunately were still in uk but once we get there - end Oct - we will post and organise something straight away! There's seems to be a few of us on the east side but I guess we'll do something local and in the city.

what do you both do? we are both working around that area, im west of Berwick and gareth is east of berwick. When we came out earlier this year we loved Berwick so I'm gonna say it's nice to live there but haven't actually tried it yet!!

Caroline :smile:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest burness86

Hi guys, We were thinking about moving to berwick, after reading these posts i think we are sold. Our main worries were being without friends. Would be nice to get chatting with you guys. Forgot to mention, im David 26, Wife Michelle 26, Son Ryan 6 and Daughter Peyton 3.

Guest The Pom Queen

Look out for Geoff (Xtonite) he is also in Berwick and then we have Karen and Bonnie, although they are always too busy out enjoying themselves to get on PIO

Guest The Pom Queen
Whilst Geoff is a loner with nowt else to do!

Is that what you were going to say????

Err errr, ummmmmm, no not at all :confused:

Archived