moving to melbourne

Guest everton123

Guest everton123

Hi I'm moving to melbourne on 21st. August with my boyfriend! I'm 25 and wondering if theree is anymore like me out there trying to meet people go for drinks etc. Let me know. AAngie xx

Hi...were moving out in a couple of months...where abouts are you moving to? Can't wait to get out of this crap summer!

Guest Andy and Linda

Hi, we are moving out to Melbourne on the 1st September, we are 28 and 27, we have never been to Melbourne before. We are first staying with some friends in Altona but will be looking at renting in Brunswick area. Where are you guys staying?

We would like to meet up when we arrive. Let us know how you get on :)

See you soon.

Linda and Andy

Guest everton123

Hi we have lived in melbourne when we were out there on a holiday workin visa so know it a pretty well. keep in touch an we'll go for a few when you arrive!

Were from North Wales, my boyfriend is 27 hes a welder an likes football!!!

We're moving to Berwick out on the east...stayed in the city but too busy for us, liked being a bit further out! Also we like money and the city was too expensive...not too far to travel in for a beer though so definately keep in touch :-)

Guest Andy and Linda
We are a couple keen to meet new people (and have a beer too!)

Been in Melbourne two years now, so hopefully could help in some ways too :)

Cheers Ian and Em

Hi

We are arriving in Melbourne on the 3rs September. We will be up for meeting new people.

How do you like living in Melbourne?

Linda and Andy :biggrin:

Guest everton123

oh yes! this time next week we will be there! so we will arrange to meet upi with you guys! were about in Melbourne are you living???

We're in Hawthorn so pretty central to most things. I've really enjoyed my time over here. I came out on my own initially so maybe a bit different to others. There are pros and cons with a big move but overall, everything has worked out well.

I hope everything goes to plan getting over here! Let me know when you're over and we can complain about how much it costs to buy a round!

Ian and em

Sounds like there will be a gathering of some sort, would love to join! We've settled down at Toorak area, sometimes we have house parties (we're having one this weekend, karaoke?). We're both active on couchsurfing (not sure if you guys heard of it), and mostly couchsurfers will be coming. Wondering if anyone is up for it? :)

We're heading out today :biggrin:, arrive in Melbourne on 19/8. My mum's coming over for the first 3 weeks to help out so we need to make use of our resident nanny and have as many nights out as poss. Once she goes home it'll be back to separate nights out as one of us needs to stay at home with our 2 year old. :arghh:

Just name the day and we'll be there,

Amanda

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jess Barnett

Hi I am living in Melbourne with my husband after moving over from the Uk at the end of August. We are moving into an appartment in St Kilda on Saturday -living in SOuth Yarra til then. I am 27 and my husband is 33 - we came over for. Would love to go for for coffee during the day or out for drinks in the evening.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi I am living in Melbourne with my husband after moving over from the Uk at the end of August. We are moving into an appartment in St Kilda on Saturday -living in SOuth Yarra til then. I am 27 and my husband is 33 - we came over for. Would love to go for for coffee during the day or out for drinks in the evening.

Welcome to the forum Jess, how are you finding life in Melbourne?

Guest Scarletta

Hey all,

Im Amy (27) and I'm moving to Melbourne in November. It would be great to meet up and grab a coffee or have a drink if anyone is going to be free in early November?

Guest Ozziebruce

Hi Jess, my boyfriend and I moved to Melbourne from the UK at the beginning of August (we're 27 and 28). Just moved in to an apartment over in Port Melbourne. Give me a shout if you fancy meeting up for a drink one night. Heather x

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys..good to see theres other people in the same boat as me!! me and my boyfriend (anthony) and I moved out here at the end of June for some better weather and work (for those of you who know Glasgow it is cold there). We are going to be here until june 2012, and maybe longer if we get sponsorship. we live in St Kilda and love it, but im starting to miss the girly banter back home, and hes really missing football chat (not aussie rules, real football, e.g. rangers, celtic, manchester). I know im 'coupled up' now, but id love to meet some folk, who are not too settled down, who can go out without their boyfriend on a night out once in a while!! Me and my boyfriend would equally like to meet couples too, just anyone who is up for a laugh! gimme shout if u like!! cheers..em x

• 1 month later...
Guest melholden
Hi Jess, my boyfriend and I moved to Melbourne from the UK at the beginning of August (we're 27 and 28). Just moved in to an apartment over in Port Melbourne. Give me a shout if you fancy meeting up for a drink one night. Heather x

Hey Heather, my hubbie and I just moved to Port Melbourne on Beach Street. Be great to meet up locally and go for drinks. We moved from London in Aug, but have been staying at a friend's in Point Cook.

cheers

Mel

Guest melholden
hey guys..good to see theres other people in the same boat as me!! me and my boyfriend (anthony) and I moved out here at the end of June for some better weather and work (for those of you who know Glasgow it is cold there). We are going to be here until june 2012, and maybe longer if we get sponsorship. we live in St Kilda and love it, but im starting to miss the girly banter back home, and hes really missing football chat (not aussie rules, real football, e.g. rangers, celtic, manchester). I know im 'coupled up' now, but id love to meet some folk, who are not too settled down, who can go out without their boyfriend on a night out once in a while!! Me and my boyfriend would equally like to meet couples too, just anyone who is up for a laugh! gimme shout if u like!! cheers..em x

Hey Em, we are also loking for other couples to go out with. We don't have kids and no plans to either. Just want to find some friends to hang out with and have a laugh. We moved over from London in Aug, now living in Port Melbourne. My hubbie is missing the footie too (he supports Liverpool, but watches all the big Premiership matches, even here on Foxtel) and I am craving some girlie nights out too. We should get together some time.

Mel

Archived