anyone from usa moving to au??

Guest nashaey

Guest nashaey

Looking for others in the usa who might be moving to au as well. Maybe going as a group can be helpful or even just learning from each other while going. Saving money is the plan as well as making friends. Im 21 and plan on moving to au asap. Any others want to join or just share the experience even if your already there your feedback is welcome :biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In oz.

We have a few members here from Australia or en route.. Aaron for example is moving from Texas to NSW I believe.

There was another member from the US asking some questions in the pet section also, you can recognise her by a US flag avatar lol.

Enjoy your migration journey

Susie

Guest Guest31881

Hi Welcome to PIO.

I hope your plans work out for you, what skilled occupation are you hoping to move over with?

Guest nashaey

I work in a call center so im wanting to stay in that field. I am wanting to move to au for a change and besides i admire the beauriful country.

Guest stormgal
Looking for others in the usa who might be moving to au as well. Maybe going as a group can be helpful or even just learning from each other while going. Saving money is the plan as well as making friends. Im 21 and plan on moving to au asap. Any others want to join or just share the experience even if your already there your feedback is welcome :biggrin:

me me me! lol :jiggy:

I'm currently getting my skills assessed. I should have that back within 30 days so I'll know for sure. :goofy:

Yup, my family an I are headed to Sydney this fall....in October to be exact. My wife got a transfer from her employer. Getting there ASAP will not be an easy thing. If you have an education and experience in an occupation on the SOL for a state sponsorship that would be your best route.

PM me and we can talk more. I certainly don't have all the answers but I do have a good perspective from the stand point of a US citizen.

PS - You are wise beyond your years to start working on getting to Australia and out of the US.

AaronS is another american on the forum,from Austin Texas,where everythings bigger:biggrin:

Right now the numbers on my thermometer are what's bigger.....110F daily here....I'm melting! Which in turn is making my electric bill bigger.... $500USD a month from running the air conditioning to keep cool.

Guest texasaggie

AaronS...I am in Houston, TX and we are melting too. I think my electric bill is going to be over $600 this month. We are in desperate need of rain.

Nashaey...My husband and I will be moving to Perth in October. He is being transferred there with his job with Chevron. We are older and are leaving behind two kids ages 21 and 18. That is the hardest thing for me to do. Even though they are off at university I still like being able to text my daughter several times a day just to catch up on what we are each doing. If you are in Perth we need to meet and we will be glad to buy or cook you a dinner or two. It will be nice to chat with someone our kids age because I know we will miss them so much.

Guest nashaey

Thank you so much. Ill be moving to brisbane queensland to live but i will be traveling all over. Im going to miss my parents to im leaving behind my two lovely puppies who are like my kids but i will be sending for them... We shall keep in touch.

Guest nashaey

Dats great i live n fl now n im movin to brisbane... Oh n btw my dog name is england lolz but how do u like brisbane how long have u been dsr

Guest nashaey

I have no idea for the simple fact is idk how big the city is or wats da cheaper places for sumone as young as myself by myself specially with no car looking for a job... I guess wereeva the wind blows me is were i go

While you are enjoying being young and in Oz keep a little bit in the back of your mind of what it will really take to stay for good. Get an education in a career path needed there. At some point you'll need to get serious about it and do what it takes to get a PR visa. I mean no offense but working at a call center probably won't do it for you. Consider nursing. It's in demand and if the schooling is like the US you only need two years. Plus, you can go anywhere and get a job in that field. Good luck and safe travels.

Guest nashaey

Thanks n yes i had dat plan in mind nursing i cant do but i rather come there n take a class for my career in social work i dont wanna go to school here n it may not be enuff there... I do have a plan but no offense taken aaron i always have an open ear to learn... Thanks doe

Right now the numbers on my thermometer are what's bigger.....110F daily here....I'm melting! Which in turn is making my electric bill bigger.... $500USD a month from running the air conditioning to keep cool.

$500 a month!!! i thought(or assumed)utility bills would be cheap in the usa tbh,thats ridiculous!anyway,soz,back on topic:cute:

Archived