shipping wooden products

benandkelly

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether its ok to ship things like pine wood dining table & chairs?

Also we have a couple of canvas wardrobes which have bare wood frames.

Would these be ok to ship or would Aqis stop them?

Any help much appreciated

Ben & Kelly

Hiya

We had the shippers in for a quote last week and they said that if it's treated wood it's fine but bare untreated wood isn't.

thanks for that sherbertdip.

Our dining table & chairs are pine woood treated with antique wax but the cats have scratched them dunno if this would be a problem.

I reckon that would probably be fine - if I were you I would just give them a quick touch up with wax. The shippers will be able to advise you though.

thanks again.

Mind if i ask what shipping companies you've got quotes from?

You're welcome.

The first was from Anglo Pacific. The remaining companies that are coming in the next few weeks to quote are: John Mason, Robinsons, Crown Relocations, Pickfords and Doree Bonner! I like to make sure we are going with the right people! :biglaugh:

When are you guys going?

Perth.

Already got a job offer and sponsor.

We're going on a 457 as its quicker but company have said they will convert to ens856 once we're there!

Good luck with your house sale.

Thanks!

That's good that you have the job offer and sponsor - hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks.

Company have already started their nomination!

I was a bit worried as i work in electronic security and you have to be licensed in oz. I have a police caution which was bothering me as I didnt know if it would stop me getting a license but I've had confirmation today from WA licensing services thats its not a problem.

So now I'm VERY happy!!!

Thanks.

Company have already started their nomination!

I was a bit worried as i work in electronic security and you have to be licensed in oz. I have a police caution which was bothering me as I didnt know if it would stop me getting a license but I've had confirmation today from WA licensing services thats its not a problem.

So now I'm VERY happy!!!

Ah that's good news!!

Just to return to your question regarding wood - AQIS advised me the normal wood furniture , picture frames etc are fine. Antique furniture should be free from borer ( woodworm I guess ?). Garden furniture should be throughly cleaned with something like Jeyes fluid. Don't ship grass or wicker . . the costs for gas treatment is A$176.00 or radiation around A$385.00 ouch.

Archived